Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2024/25

moggy#9

In fairness all teams do this, most rosters are signed up before end of season but to keep fans engaged and clicking on their profiles they drip feed them. Pure business move not only by devils but all others. I'll be amazed if they don't have all but 2/3 signed by now
I do find the guessing game they play social media a bit tiresome after a while. Perhaps in a month or so when there's some real movement it'll be a bit more interesting. At the moment though, my mind is on GB playing Canada and Connor beddard on Saturday.

Finny

I agree with what you say above, however I can’t remember the last time the Devils announced a signing that was not already in the public domain.
It’s now almost impossible to keep a signing truly secret what with social media releases so it usually comes as an anti climax when you wait for days if not weeks for a signing announcement that you already know about.
It seems the only way to keep them secret is to announce them within a day or two of them putting pen to paper.

I bet that when the Devils Summit comes around the new signings announced there will already have been all over social media a couple of weeks beforehand.
Weren't the Arniel and Barrow signings a complete shock last summer?

Admittedly that is only two, and it is frustrating that most signings and even re-signings now get leaked well in advance online.

kingmo19.1

Potential signing sighting !!!!!!

Was very disappointed today after taking the daily barrage stroll not to spot anything ice hockey related, however, this one was quite a shock!!!!

Coffii Co, Cardiff Bay, not munching on a subway or sporting a pair of roller blades, sat their sipping a coffee none other than Mr Benny Blood !!!!!!!!

Difficult to spot as he’s now sporting a headless head of hair, but there he was!

Now that would be a very interesting signing!

His contract with Pelicans is 23/24+1, which is interesting.

moggy#9

He'd certainly be a steadying influence for the defence. As with all such speculation, I wonder what effect the extra years have had on him.

Last edited:
He also left us in a bit of a hole by leaving for a better offer and by some accounts divisive in the locker room.
Despite the fact that the Giants are returning to previous known entities I would prefer some fresh movement in the team.

Gaz G

He also left us in a bit of a hole by leaving for a better offer and by some accounts divisive in the locker room.
Despite the fact that the Giants are returning to previous known entities I would prefer some fresh movement in the team.
Who said he was divisive in the locker room? He was one of the most chilled/laid back people I've ever seen.

JC23

Was very disappointed today after taking the daily barrage stroll not to spot anything ice hockey related, however, this one was quite a shock!!!!

Coffii Co, Cardiff Bay, not munching on a subway or sporting a pair of roller blades, sat their sipping a coffee none other than Mr Benny Blood !!!!!!!!

Difficult to spot as he’s now sporting a headless head of hair, but there he was!

Confirmed as leaving Pelicans this morning. EDIT; Reading his Instagram suggests this, nothing official anywhere.

Last edited:

hip check

The 'headless' part is quite worrying, instead of a 6'4" Benny we'd have a 5'4" one, plus his sightlines have probably deteriorated since he lost his head. Sorry for the crappy joke, Blood of old would be an excellent signing.

Diablo3

Fits in with the pumping clue the SM have been sending out. What do hearts pump?