Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2023/24

moggy#9

I’ll be content with a Sanford, Martin, Cox second line with a whole new first line.

Did Waller and Mosey play together much at the Worlds? I assume they’ll be on our third line.
That's an interesting one. Keep Martin with Sanford and Cox, or reunite them with coughler?

I'm assuming that we'd play mosey on defence, though using him as a forward with one off our weaker defensive pairings might be interesting.

jenks33

That's an interesting one. Keep Martin with Sanford and Cox, or reunite them with coughler?

I'm assuming that we'd play mosey on defence, though using him as a forward with one off our weaker defensive pairings might be interesting.
Do’u think Mosey will be on D? I assumed he will be on our third line. He was on D for GB tho to be fair right? Was he on D for Sheffield all season?

I’ve just got a feeling Coughler won’t be back. I’d be happy enough for Cox,Coughler, Sanford to be reunited on a line but after his concussion problems last season I think we might look elsewhere.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Do’u think Mosey will be on D? I assumed he will be on our third line.

I’ve just got a feeling Coughler won’t be back. I’d be happy enough for Cox,Coughler, Sanford to be reunited on a line but after his concussion problems last season I think we might look elsewhere.
I was just assuming that with mosey given that he played there for Sheffield and for GB.

That's a fair point with coughler. I guess it's a very personal decision for him. It would be very sad if that were the end of his career.

jenks33

I was just assuming that with mosey given that he played there for Sheffield and for GB.

That's a fair point with coughler. I guess it's a very personal decision for him. It would be very sad if that were the end of his career.
I get the impression Batch will be back. So Batch and Mosey as 3rd D pairing? Not sure how I feel about that. At least Mosey has got the pace to get back after a Batch error (apologies Josh for that dig on your big night)

moggy#9

I get the impression Batch will be back. So Batch and Mosey as 3rd D pairing? Not sure how I feel about that. At least Mosey has got the pace to get back after a Batch error (apologies Josh for that dig on your big night)
When PR signed he seemed to imply all of the Brits were back. Batch's partner and defensive responsibility for the forwards would be helpful though.

Chris

Administrator
I feel I need to preface every post ice hockey related with this, but it's been a long time since i've seen a game or followed the games in real depth...

But with Sam Herr being American, would that break the status quo of only signing Canadian players? Or has that been broken before?

kettdevil1

I feel I need to preface every post ice hockey related with this, but it's been a long time since i've seen a game or followed the games in real depth...

But with Sam Herr being American, would that break the status quo of only signing Canadian players? Or has that been broken before?
It has been broken although there haven't been many - Crandall is from the US I believe and there have been a few each season for the last few years

kingmo19.1

Ben Blood, Phil Osaer to name a few ..

jenks33

Lordo definitely wasn’t keen on the yanks. How many Americans did we sign during his reign? I remember when we signed Denny Kearney we couldn’t believe Lordo signed an American! I know Mosey is American but I suppose he’s a Brit now.

kettdevil1

Lordo definitely wasn’t keen on the yanks. How many Americans did we sign during his reign? I remember when we signed Denny Kearney we couldn’t believe Lordo signed an American! I know Mosey is American but I suppose he’s a Brit now.
Excluding Mosey, Lordo signed two - Kearney and Blood, neither of whom played anything like a full season