Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Gavevs88

Shame that , he gave it his all last season playing some unreal minutes, especially his age, if he messed us around it's none of our business, we may have messed him around who knows , good luck to him and we move on, pretty sure Thompson or Crawford as rumoured are top replacements for him .
Agreed I really rated him, super solid and dependable. But it does sound like we've got some top notch replacements.

OJLloyd

I’d be very disappointed to see McNally go to Sheffield.

I suspect, but don’t know, that his physical game was turned down post injury for a reason. Perhaps because of his injury, or perhaps because we were so short benched.

He got the crowd going and did at times score some nice goals. I wonder if a full season would see him retain his form.

But also, I hate seeing anyone from the Devils in orange. Just because it’s them.

Devil94

It will sting a little but if we didn't offer for him to come back and he's got an offer from them then it's a no brainer for him. It's easy to forget that before he got his injury he was scoring goals for fun, hitting everything and fighting. If Steelers have signed that McNally then it's a great signing for them.
He's gonna be a nightmare to play against, especially against us as he will want to prove a point. With Connolly not signed for them yet he might be his replacement.

Swarley

It will sting a little but if we didn't offer for him to come back and he's got an offer from them then it's a no brainer for him. It's easy to forget that before he got his injury he was scoring goals for fun, hitting everything and fighting. If Steelers have signed that McNally then it's a great signing for them.
He's gonna be a nightmare to play against, especially against us as he will want to prove a point. With Connolly not signed for them yet he might be his replacement.
He'll throw one hit against us and get leveled by one of our lot, he was decent when we had chl games, after that he was injury prone and never did much after.

If he's gone to the steelers best of luck to him but I'm not massively worried about it, one run in with Brandt or Lou and he would be ineffective again.

Devils86

McNally was more likely to sucker punch someone rather than genuinely dominate his opponent, so could be a perfect Connolly replacement. His introduction as a Devil was that spear he delivered early season. Far far too inconsistent, would have a blinder of a game then disappears for a month. And with his ability to get into trouble (and not when it's needed or understandable) incurring unnecessary bans he became a liability in my opinion. As some say, maybe a further season and he would have settled down a bit, but for me he was always one of a handful that wouldn't be back.

If the Steelers are looking at him then that says something about their recruitment levels this season.

hip check

McNally was more likely to sucker punch someone rather than genuinely dominate his opponent, so could be a perfect Connolly replacement. His introduction as a Devil was that spear he delivered early season. Far far too inconsistent, would have a blinder of a game then disappears for a month. And with his ability to get into trouble (and not when it's needed or understandable) incurring unnecessary bans he became a liability in my opinion. As some say, maybe a further season and he would have settled down a bit, but for me he was always one of a handful that wouldn't be back.

If the Steelers are looking at him then that says something about their recruitment levels this season.
Wasn't overly impressed with McNally but he did have an ability to get under opposition players skin, it's possible he would perform that against us if he is joining Steelers, we could have a few players in the bin when they would be better use on the ice, I would imagine he would take pride in doing that to his former team/teammates in what usually is a close game, other than that on last season's form I wouldn't be overly concerned about him.

Pondlife

I always felt he would have had a better season if he was getting more than 3rd line minutes. However, I don't think he was better than anyone on the top 2 lines to replace them. Wouldn't be surprised if he moved for a top six spot.

moggy#9

To be honest I felt that the impact he had was more because of how inconsistent the team was at times. I certainly didn't see him as an all round contributor. I'm convinced that we'll upgrade.

Mazzoak

I guess you miss the fact that players get instructed by the coaches to carry out certain actions in games. Not all players actions are their own response making them liabilities, sometimes actions are need to swing momentum, sometimes that can be successful, other times not so much, 80% of the time it’s instructions that have come from the Boss. Whilst your comments do hold some sprinkling of possibilities, l wouldn’t dismiss completely my comments. Especially when a pretty successful club such as Sheffield pick up a player from a previous club. I’ll wait to see how he performs away from us, if it’s repeated, then condemn his pathetic profesional abilities. If not, fault lies closer to home.