Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Wannabe2

Don’t understand why people are having a dig at McNally, he wore his shirt with pride he was the player who we signed, and soon became a fans favourite. Was he a liability at times yes, same as most high octane players but unfortunately character players are a dying breed to some. We all love the speed, the skill, the saves, and the goals that make this game a one off, but a bit of other entertainment to me never did any harm to hear oh Brandon McNally, as we did oh Justin Faryna was pretty cool, but hey ho we move on.

ASHIPP

There is no getting away from the fact, though, that McNally spent considerable time suspended or injured last season. It stifled his abilities in the second half of the season.

We will never know if he was moved to 3rd and 4th lines because he was recovering from injury or they felt he was a liability. In many games in the second half of the season he looked frustrated or disinterested, sometimes just coasting through shifts. What were the reasons for that?

If he's fully fit and reigns in the red mist moments, and finds chemistry with the players on his line, he will be a good signing for the Steelers. He was moving on from the Devils anyway. Don't think our fans need worry too much about that...the Devils can handle it.

Johnnybravo1927

Mcnally wasnt a bad player at all but he wasny hugely effective and was at times a liability. When you look at other players who played his role in the past, others were much better. Saying that, he pulled on the jersey, did his bit and played hard and that cant be ignored

Hedd Wyn John

Mcnally wasnt a bad player at all but he wasny hugely effective and was at times a liability. When you look at other players who played his role in the past, others were much better. Saying that, he pulled on the jersey, did his bit and played hard and that cant be ignored
He played with passion & put his body on the line for the team. Can't fault that commitment but to be in a team that's aiming to win the league a player needs to bring more than that.

moggy#9

I see Skalde has just been announced as coach at Vlci Zilina in the Slovak 1. Liga.
That's an interesting move for him. I wondered if he'd be back in North America no that his situation there has been resolved. I wonder whether he might be better suited to the Slovak style of hockey than ours.

Diablo3

That's an interesting move for him. I wondered if he'd be back in North America no that his situation there has been resolved. I wonder whether he might be better suited to the Slovak style of hockey than ours.
He does seem to be a more run and gun type of coach, so I suspect he will do well on the continent

Slartibartfast

Its going to be weird seeing McNally playing for the Steelers but not as weird as seeing Dixon playing for Clan.

On a separate subject does anyone know when the season tickets are released?