Romfo Returns...

derek6368 said:
i think this is great news as after he settled in he was solid... G should step back and coach now whilst maintaining his fitness in case of injury.

welcome back Scott
Couldn agree more.

Welcome back.

A

Anonymous

Gazza272 said:
TheDevilTorn said:
Great news for all really, suprised but very pleased. I think rotation might well come into play but hes most likely to be used as cover imo. Perhaps one of the D men has picked up a knock over the weekend?

I assume G is still struggling a bit with his breathing due to the broken nose, he probably shouldnt have been playing these past few weeks, and it makes his performances even better imo.
Defo. Perhaps G will sit back a wee bit and concentrate more on the tactics and stuff. I did hear that Scotty will play sunday? Hope he plays well I'm going to that un !! :D

Seems a bit odd how the devils site and the walesonline site sort of have conflicting stories about how scott will fit into the team. Is he just injury cover performance issues? or will all games? I would go with the devils site and say he's mainly going to be here for cover and performance issues and so we wont see THAT much of him.
Either way its great news for the team and great news that after everything hes happy to come back, clearly the Devils dealt with the situation well from the beginning or he would have told them to go hike.
I disagree with the comments saying 'good to see they realised they were wrong..... ' I dont see how its got anything to do with them thinking oh no we got this wrong. I would say its more the fact, romfo is available due to university, and its helpful to us to have back up cover. Burge must have decided he can pull a bit more from the pocket to ensure the team have the safety in numbers.
all that said, welcome back scotty, hopefully we will get to see what you can do again.

Personally I think its more of there's no other option, he wants to carry on with his studies, I reckon he probably won't be on much money, and hasn't been 're-signed' as such, and not how we would normally interpret being re-signed ! As someone else said, maybe 'pay per game'

Maybe its because of Stoney not icing, maybe rotate him and alex

Good luck Scott, welcome back

ASHIPP

Flippin' marvellous news - welcome back Scotty! :D Can't wait to see you back on ice with the Devils. Very impressed with the way it appears the Club has looked after Scotty with finding other options for him. More than can be said for a certain other team that didn't appear to look after a released player this season!

Finny

Surely a Belfast fan can't be making comments about teams being over the wagecap ?!?!??!? :lol:
How many imports have Belfast had on their books all season?

Over the festive period we have been getting crowds of 500 more than we were when we had to release him. With Nottingham this weekend and Coventry the next, you would expect two more 1500+ attendances to come.

ASHIPP

Jacko said:
its odd how 6weeks ago you were skint and couldnt afford him, and now your rolling in it and can.....i smell shenanigans
Whatever the reasons before and after, Scotty is back with the team and it will bolster our defence and motivate the Guys.......and that will do nicely thankyou very much. :roll:

Finny said:
Over the festive period we have been getting crowds of 500 more than we were when we had to release him. With Nottingham this weekend and Coventry the next, you would expect two more 1500+ attendances to come.
But the weekend games in February are against Hull and Edinburgh, twice, so are likely to get much lower crowds. Evens itself out.

James

Administrator
Holl_5 said:
Finny said:
But the weekend games in February are against Hull and Edinburgh, twice, so are likely to get much lower crowds. Evens itself out.
Why? The crowds against Sheffield were ok and Edinburgh are a more competative team than them this season.

James said:
Why? The crowds against Sheffield were ok and Edinburgh are a more competative team than them this season.
My point being Coventry, Nottingham and Sheffield draw in the bigger crowds, but you only have 3 weekend gates against those teams until the end of the season. I suppose if you keep hammering Hull and Edinburgh at home people might choose those, but you are bound to get lower crowds (especially travelling support) against those just from previous experience.

I class myself as a casual fan (down here) and there's only 3 games between now and the end of the season I plan on going to as they just don't seem appealing, mid-week or otherwise.

Chris

Administrator
Isn't the difference though Holl_5 that most people in Cardiff/surroundings will be Devils fans and so aren't casual fans.

Think it's been mentioned before that our crowds are always better after Christmas, towards the end of last season we were averaging 1800 or so, well above the break even point.

I'd expect our crowds to increase further this season also...

Chris.

DevilDom

Great news. Welcome back Scott and thank you Devils, now I believe we really are moving forward.

Maybe he will now get that MOM he deserved just before he left last time!

Anyway, On the tactical side, maybe it will be G who benchs himself and he is the one to cover injury / loss of form rather than Romfo. Not that i'm say G has not been in good form, but that would be real progress having a full-time coach watching from the bench?