Record breaking NJ Devils *spoilers*

Problem you NJ Devils have is that Buffalo and NYR keep picking up wins now, this week is make or break I think. You cant lose any of your 3 games this week (In my opinion)

kettdevil1

TheStub said:
It certainly isn't out of the question... but certainly a big ask. 6 points out last I checked.

And it is 13 seasons. ;)
The interesting question might how far the Devils can go in the playoffs if they make it..... as ever two ways this might go, they have spent so long playing playoff hockey that they collapse in the first round or..... they carry on their hot spell all the way to the shiny pot...

The Flames appear to have hit a speedbump at exactly the wrong time. After looking poor for much of the first half of the season, they have raised my hopes by going off on a great run before promptly losing the last three games when they finally make it into the top 8.... It is not easy being a Calgary fan....

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #24
As far as I remember, didn't the Flyers scape through to the P/O's last year and eventually lost in the final to the Hawks.

If we can make it, get Parise back, who knows ......

kettdevil1

Zed said:
As far as I remember, didn't the Flyers scape through to the P/O's last year and eventually lost in the final to the Hawks.

If we can make it, get Parise back, who knows ......
I thought Perise was done for the season?

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #26
Stub thinks he could be back for the Play-offs. I'm sure thats what he said. :p

Aye, this is what he said.

TheStub said:
Tore his MCL. Been out since October, started skating last week. He may be back in time for the playoffs, if we make it.

Otherwise it is more likely to be the whole season. Don't want to risk a rushed return and jeopardise next season.

TheStub

Well, a more solid win tonight. Coming back from 2-0 to score 4 unanswered. The first period collapse aside, another dominant performance.

We now jump two places to 10th, and with Buffalo losing we are 6 points off with 13 to play. Shame the Canes won too - but them winning meant Sabres lost, so we're good.

Now we just need to keep winning and hope that Buffalo drop at least 3 more than us (and the Canes). It is still a long shot, but not looking unrealistic now. One shot at a time, one period at a time, ONE GAME AT A TIME.

DEVILS!!!! I believe.

TheStub

Oh, taking it back on topic - the Thrashers 2 first period goal breaks the record winning streak this thread was about.

Also, tonight ends the run of 10 straight 1 goal games.

I'm a stat nerd.

One thing is that after a nice run of 5 winnable games that ends tonight in Ottawa, NJ's schedule over the next 2 weeks is extremely difficult. Capitals, Bruins, Penguins, Flyers and Canadiens all to come in the next 16 days. Ouch.