Record breaking NJ Devils *spoilers*

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #1
Seems like our American cousins are setting records too, just got home in time to see the game Vs the Islanders.

0-0 at the first intermission meaning the Devils have now gone 13 games in a row, without conceding a goal in the first period!

Fair do's !!

TheStub

Re: Record breaking NJ Devils

Thanks for that... I was avoiding the score :p

It takes longer for me to get home...

But if we make the playoffs then it will be the biggest deficit a team has overcome in the second half of the season to get there. If we keep up our current pace we look like making 8.

19-2-2 with 20 games remaining and 10 points out.

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #3
Re: Record breaking NJ Devils

Sorry stub, you only know the score at the end of the first. I wont mention it again mate ! ;)

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #5
How long is Parise out for? Seems to have been out an age. Must be a serious injury, dodgy knee by any chance?

TheStub

Tore his MCL. Been out since October, started skating last week. He may be back in time for the playoffs, if we make it.

Otherwise it is more likely to be the whole season. Don't want to risk a rushed return and jeopardise next season.

TheStub

Just checked, and we are 7 points out with games in hand.

This will really go to the wire, but it is certainly on... oh yes it is very much on.

42 pts out of 48, just wow. The next 5 games will make or break them - Ottawa twice, Atlanta twice, Isles. Winnable. I'm going to be there for the Flyers and Habs games in person so I'm hoping this run continues as The Rock will be a rockin at this rate!

Just come back after being there for the Tampa Game.

Started off slow in the first and went 1-0 but the hunger and the fight back to win it 2-1 was awesome.

Kovi finally seems to be showing why we signed him there is just a great team effort going on at the Rock. No matter if we go down by one there is that feeling they can still win it.

Fingers crossed we can make the playoffs

A

Anonymous

Thread starter #14
Good win, and a big win if not a little tense. Game could of easily of gone either way.

Kovalchuk is a vital part of the arsenal especially on the PP.

Another player you slated Stub if I'm not mistaken ?! :p

TheStub

I still think Voth is pants. :p

Kovy is starting to score, but I will need to be convinced over the next few seasons. The huge cost of one player may damage the team going forward - and how Lou keeps hold of the core of this team so tight against the cap will be interesting.

Rolston is also shaping up to have his best season in a Devils jersey since re-signing - despite having the worst start.

TheStub

More so recently :O

The recipe to win games - sell all your stars and get hungry youngsters in.

Yet another OT win for the Devils last night. We need to really find some spark or the wheels will come off this run. 6 points out from a playoff spot. This is ON!!!!!

If NJ can keep it together we could make the playoffs. We havent missed it if im right for 10 season?

Would be bad to miss it now after getting out of that bad rut for most of the season.

Kovi is finally repaying some of those $ with goals but i still cant justify what we paid for him.

I hope we can keep most of this team for next season and look forward to getting Zach back for a playoff run or just to start fresh for next season.

On paper we have winable games left and should make the the playoffs. We are one of the hottest teams at the moment and thats not going down well with the teams above us.

They looked good when i saw them play in Feb they have that must win attitude they lacked in the first half of the season. But really need to keep working hard on D and not relaying on Hedburg or Marty too much even tho you can with those two class net minders.

Our offense needs to find that fire or buzz to get banging some goals in. Yes it good to win games but we cant keep winning in OT or SO. We need to kill teams off in the second or third like the good old days. We seem to have become the masters of the 1-0 or 2-1 win this year.

Rolston is just great this season and you hope he can do it again next season with having a full season might help him out. Parise and Zajac would be good to line up again but he has been working well with Kovi

We have a good bunch of guys at the Rock but even tho i do like Elias is it almost time to say thank you and move him on for a younger guy. I know he has racked up some great points this season but im just wondering if its best to get some younger guys in to start the rebuild

Its a hard one to call