PlayOff Final - 3/04 - 4pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #2
I know it says semi-finals but I am struggling here at MNL with all the techies on the sherberts at Nottingham.

Join me at MNL if you arn't going, if you are watching on Sky why not have MNL on as well my commentry is better than the Estate Agent from Solihull

ASHIPP

Nott Simpson said:
I know it says semi-finals but I am struggling here at MNL with all the techies on the sherberts at Nottingham.

Join me at MNL if you arn't going, if you are watching on Sky why not have MNL on as well my commentry is better than the Estate Agent from Solihull
OJ - that's exactly what I'll be doing regardless of who is hosting Sky Show. :D

Good on Voth!! Keep it up!

Now take a break at intermission and re-focus for the final period. Ignore the cheap shots and keep the pressure on them.

You can do it!

The guys gave it their all this weekend and all year long.

They have played well and given notice to the rest of the league that this is a team that is not to be taken lightly.

It's now up to the owners and G to work at keeping the team together and make improvements where they can.

Thanks for a fun season. See you again in the fall.

chris592

Was cheering on the Devils this afternoon, your team will be kicking themselfs tonight. I thought the Devils where in the driving seat most of the match but just kept making silly mistakes and letting the Panthers back into it.

Gutted for you guys, thought the Devils deserved some silverware after the season they had.

TheStub

We outplayed Panthers all game. But WE let them back in. Several really soft goals, and Beauregard made Voth look like a poor quality rec player all match.

Most of this squad back please, but certainly need to tighten up in key areas. At the moment we are the best team to win nothing - B+ on that performance.

Hanson was appalling too. Worst reffing performance of the weekend. Let the players decide.

In the end the Panties didn't win, the Devils lost.

Watched it on TV and thought you were pretty unlucky to lose.

Will be interesting to see what happens next season. I have a feeling that you might be able to keep the core together to complete some unfinished business. The Blaze had a similar situation in the BNL when we came 2nd in all 3 trophies but we regrouped and won the double. I wouldn't be surprised if you did the same.

Glad it's not just me that thought Hanson was bad. Load of slashes and high sticks seemed to go unnoticed. It was inevitable though that Finnerty was going to go at the end. Didn't see what Matzka did or said to get thrown out, it must have been off camera.

Lyle was very poor today, started well but gave up some really soft goals. Beuraugard(?)'s last goal was cringeworthy to watch as Lyle was floundering about in the crease having just dropped his stick.

I really thought after 10 minutes we had it in the bag. Not so.

Oh well, there's always next year.

Good game of hockey and i thought the ref let the game flow nicely. Devils were the better team overall but the Panthers like against the Steelers never gave up and in the end took their chances and held on for the win... Devils never done themselves any favours in the last few minute giving away silly penalties...

Devils fans should be proud of your team this season, so close to winning two trophies. Next year will be telling whether this season was a one off or if the Devils will now become regular title challengers in the league.. I'm hoping it's the latter to make the league more competitive and exciting..

Russky

First period Good but took time to get going!
Second Period Defensive and Net minding Lapses cost us dear! Thankfully the forwards were still firing to keep us ahead!
Third Period D failed to show up! Letting frustrations get the better and giving away stupid Penalties!

what good is a 22 game winning streak if we end up winning nothing at the end of the season?

Tad#

Unlucky guys, it really was a great weekend though. You should be very proud of your team. Quick question though: how come there boo's every time Stuart MacRae got the puck?

Tad# said:
Unlucky guys, it really was a great weekend though. You should be very proud of your team. Quick question though: how come there boo's every time Stuart MacRae got the puck?
Stuuuuuuu not boo

Just got back and feel totally devastated, I really thought we would win today, just shows how cruel sport can be I guess!

Really hope we can hang onto the positives on what has been the most entertaining season of sport i've witnessed in many years and just sums up why I love this sport and especially this great team!!

Onwards and upwards folks, and as some of the posters on here have said already, if we can learn from this for next season then silverwear will surely follow!

By the way, thought our support today was really incredible, all of us should be proud!

Tad#

Oh lol, i thought you were saying boo haha. Makes sense now. Your fans were great throughout the whole weekend, doubt it means anything, but it looked to me as though everyone but panthers fans looked gutted for you. I know my group did..:(

Gaz G

The ref had nothing to do with that loss. We once again bottled it. Simple as that. Silverwhere should have come this year.

We are now going to lose our top players and ill bet next year our new guys aren't as good.

Big occassion and we blew it again, nothing to do with the ref,

RhiO

Sitting in our hotel room - still so gutted we lost. I know I may get flamed for this but I think we lost that game rather than the panthers winning it. At least 3 of their 5 goals came as a direct result of our defensive errors.

Just a quick question - if we were the "home" team why did the panthers have the home bench and dressing room. Surely they should have been on the away bench. It's annoyed me every season..... Panthers - you're at a neutral arena (in theory) so it's not your bench.