Pizza van outside rink on game nights...

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #1
Was just chatting to the French guy who had the Pizza van in the bus stop last week. He's planning to be there every week which is good news because Im so sick of those watery hot dogs in the rink.
I suggested that he sell slices or half pizzas as well as whole pizzas though, as I struggled to scoff a whole pizza in the break. He seemed receptive to the idea so hopefully I will be stuffing my face regularly every game now.

Temme

Re: Pizza

Can't say I noticed him as I was occupied during the period breaks.

How reasonable were his prices? May have to give one of these a go!

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #3
Re: Pizza

Can't remember what I paid but it seemed in the right ball park. I enjoyed it though. The only issue is that Planet Ice will not let you bring them into the rink for obvious reasons. Thats why I suggested he sell slices. I would happily eat a couple of slices (under the cover of the van if its raining) but would struggle with a whole pizza. Im a lightweight though, when it comes to Pizza eating.

Chris

Administrator
Moved this to the main forum as I feel it's vitally important more people know there is something to replace the PI specialty hotdogs of doom :D

ASHIPP

Watery hotdogs? Don't you mean a piece of rubber between two pieces of cardboard courtesy of Michelin! Best bit was the mustard!

Good to see alternative eatery.....the pizzas probably taste as good as they smell when you walk past.

rolf

Aye but let us not lose sight of the fact that we are the once mighty Cardiff Devils and should be happy with humble pie, gruel and slops off of the better offs table................at the end of the day we are only supporters and as such merely a cash-cow grateful for whatever we can get.

rolf said:
Aye but let us not lose sight of the fact that we are the once mighty Cardiff Devils and should be happy with humble pie, gruel and slops off of the better offs table................at the end of the day we are only supporters and as such merely a cash-cow grateful for whatever we can get.
On form tonight Rolf and long may it continue

Chris

Administrator
Clearly moving this to the main forum was a mistake :|

I can't be bothered anymore tonight, i'll await more angry pm's for daring to do some moderating and this can go back to the general board to stop it being taken anymore off topic.

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #11
I didn't see the pizza guy this week (He normally skates on Sundays) but Im told he should be there tonight. I found his website though and have pinched the menu off it. Here it is. Enjoy

Bambino: Tomato, Mozzarella, Ham, Pineapple

Marguerita: Tomato, Mozzarella, Basil

Chorizo: Tomato, Mozzarella, Chorizo, Black Olives, Mixed Peppers

Hawaiian: Tomato, Mozzarella, ham, pineapple

The Hot One: Tomato, Mozzarella, Chorizo, Hot Peppers, Pepperoni

Capriciosia: Tomato, Mozzarella, Ham, Mushroom, Olives

Goat Cheese: Caramelised Onions, Mozzarella, Welsh Goat Cheese

Primavera: Mozzarella, Baby Plum Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, Black olives

La Pizza “dessert”: Nutella, Banana, Cinnamon Sugar.

Why not make you own from these toppings:

Ham, Pineapple, Chorizo, Pepperoni, Black Olives, Mixed Peppers, Hot Peppers, Baby Plum Tomatoes, Caramelised Onions, Goat cheese.

Pizza of the day: (these change all the time . so please call to ask)

BBQ Chicken with sweetcorn

Spicy Chorizo sausage with mixed peppers and chilli sauce.

D

Deleted member 1337

I have found out the prices now:
12" £8
1 slice £2
I think that there are roughly 7-9 slices In a full pizza.
I would recommend going out soon in the break as it will take time too cook and you cant take it further into the rink than the reception.

I agree, really nice pizzas cooked in a lovely smoky oven right in front of you. Not at all greasy and horrible like the usual take-away pizza. The guy's good to talk to as well, he said those type of vans are really popular in France. Never seen one in the UK before though!

The pizzas are awesome and the guy is really cool. Well worth a visit in the period breaks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #17
Bit of an update on the Pizza situation. Rudy (the pizza guy) is struggling a bit and talking about moving on after Christmas because he is not getting much business on match night. This would be a tragedy because it means I would have to go back to eating Planet Ice hot dogs. :cry:

Quite a few people have bought a pizza and then found that Planet Ice will not allow them to take it into the rink to eat during the game. There isn't enough time for him to cook your pizza and for you to eat it outside before the next period starts.

Not one to give up, I suggested to him that he takes phone orders and has peoples pizza ready for them at the end of the period. This would give them time to scoff it outside before the next period starts. He agreed that this might help so here is his number. 07895 092875

Of course if you don't want a full pizza you can always have a slice or two. (another great idea of mine).There is no need to pre order slices.

I would like to stress that I am not on commission here or anything but I should declare that I did get a free slice of margerita pizza today. :)

Wannabe2

Slartibartfast said:
Bit of an update on the Pizza situation. Rudy (the pizza guy) is struggling a bit and talking about moving on after Christmas because he is not getting much business on match night. This would be a tragedy because it means I would have to go back to eating Planet Ice hot dogs. :cry:

Quite a few people have bought a pizza and then found that Planet Ice will not allow them to take it into the rink to eat during the game. There isn't enough time for him to cook your pizza and for you to eat it outside before the next period starts.

Not one to give up, I suggested to him that he takes phone orders and has peoples pizza ready for them at the end of the period. This would give them time to scoff it outside before the next period starts. He agreed that this might help so here is his number. 07895 092875

Of course if you don't want a full pizza you can always have a slice or two. (another great idea of mine).There is no need to pre order slices.
Great post, his Pizzas are awesome.
I would like to stress that I am not on commission here or anything but I should declare that I did get a free slice of margerita pizza today. :)