Physical intimidation issue solved

Pleximan

I don’t really buy into this theory that Lou just “having a word” does anything. Actions speak louder than words and he never loses the plot, unlike some of the more effective enforcers that we've had. There’s no red mist! We've had Lou in the lineup for a long time, and I’ve seen us get bashed around too in that time (how many times did Sheffield used to target Bowns with nothing back in return), with most of the retaliation so far this year coming from the likes of Cox, much to his credit (and even Joey Martin on a couple of occasions for cheap shots on himself, which is just embarrassing for our so called tough guys). I like Lou a lot but I don’t believe he is a deterrent, just In the same way that Batch or Brittain aren’t. All big guys, all very capable of fighting but it’s not in their nature to do that role, and you can’t always force it to be at the flick of a switch. I was dismayed recently when TK said Lou was so tough, he couldn’t find anyone to fight! What a load of BS! Sometimes, you have to no choice someone - last night would have been a classic example had he been in the line up - and take the penalty that comes with it. That then becomes the deterrent for future games when teams see what could be coming if they take liberties - not “having a word”.
I couldn't agree more with this. I am so fed up of seeing our bigger so called tough guys missing in action when stuff is going on!

Devil94

Genuine question. Has there been an example of a 'no-choice' in the league all year? Thinking of it there's hardly been any fights at all that are worth noting.
I think some fans from every club will moan about lack of physical play but it's the way that hockey is now.
And when you look at Guildford who are literally the smallest team in the league (by both height and weight), and they are running away with it, I don't think the chasing teams will be looking to move away from that model next season.

JC23

Genuine question. Has there been an example of a 'no-choice' in the league all year? Thinking of it there's hardly been any fights at all that are worth noting.
I think some fans from every club will moan about lack of physical play but it's the way that hockey is now.
And when you look at Guildford who are literally the smallest team in the league (by both height and weight), and they are running away with it, I don't think the chasing teams will be looking to move away from that model next season.
Only one example in my memory.

Chays Ruddy going after Davey Phillips.