PAYMENTS STILL OUTSTANDING TO CARDIFF DEVILS’ PLAYERS!

Temme

wildthing74 said:
So the players are wrong for raising the issue and breaking confidentiality but not the club wrong for not paying up.Will be interesting when the players air their version.Really poor effort Cardiff Devils.

They may as well have put a statement up saying "it's our business if we pay them or not."

Slartibartfast

While I see his point on the confidentiality side I did expect some sort of statement on the financial situation of the club. A lot of people will be nervous about buying a season ticket and that statement will do nothing to allay their fears IMHO
(And Im speaking as a non militia person)

Foxy

Temme said:
Brent Pope back as D man- and to be the only paid player on the team this season :lol:

here is it:

Following on from Saturdays statement issued by the CDRA the Cardiff Devils would like to confirm its stance on the matter.

‘The Statement Issued by the CDRA contains information that is of a confidential matter and will be dealt with internally. As with any other business, the Cardiff Devils operate contracts of employment between employer and employee and contained within these contracts are terms stating to any procedures of grievances should any employee feel they have. The Cardiff Devils fully support these procedures and would adhere to these terms if ever a grievance has been presented to the club.

The business of the Cardiff Devils, just like any other organisation will not be discussed publically and the Cardiff Devils will issue no further comment regarding this matter.’
What an absolute cop out...... it tells us zilch

A contract has two sides, if they haven't maintained their part eg paying as per contract, then the club have no right to hold the players to any confidentiality clauses that may form part of that contract.

Sadly for you Ragan, trust and loyalty is earned and not a given, just because you think you are the big person.

IF YOU WANT TRUST AND LOYALTY EARN IT

And the spelling is publicly not publically, what are you paying the staff for?

DevilDom

Another whitewash disgracefully dismissing a respected organisation such as CDRA. Who is going to be dealt with? The players no longer there? The CDRA who Ragan has no control over at all?

Ragan is obviously taking the stance if he buries his head in the sand it will all go away. Unfortunately all that will go away are the fans, sponsors and ultimately the club.

Temme said:
Brent Pope back as D man- and to be the only paid player on the team this season :lol:

here is it:

Following on from Saturdays statement issued by the CDRA the Cardiff Devils would like to confirm its stance on the matter.

‘The Statement Issued by the CDRA contains information that is of a confidential matter and will be dealt with internally. As with any other business, the Cardiff Devils operate contracts of employment between employer and employee and contained within these contracts are terms stating to any procedures of grievances should any employee feel they have. The Cardiff Devils fully support these procedures and would adhere to these terms if ever a grievance has been presented to the club.

The business of the Cardiff Devils, just like any other organisation will not be discussed publically and the Cardiff Devils will issue no further comment regarding this matter.’
I genuine thought you where making tongue in cheek mock-up until I read Slartibartfast post and then when to the devils website.

toy_car_uk said:
Temme said:

here is it:

I genuine thought you where making tongue in cheek mock-up until I read Slartibartfast post and then when to the devils website.

At least they havent fallen in to the trap of issuing more lies to cover it up or denied it.If it was me ( and I was a millionaire ) I would have paid the players and added that figure to the Directors loan and then said it was all a a misunderstanding that was now sorted out.

This statement and lack of denial tells me that the club is not in the best financial position as previously stated by Ragan, so there is the possibility of another public lie

Sliput

DevilDom said:
Another whitewash disgracefully dismissing a respected organisation such as CDRA. Who is going to be dealt with? The players no longer there? The CDRA who Ragan has no control over at all?

Ragan is obviously taking the stance if he buries his head in the sand it will all go away. Unfortunately all that will go away are the fans, sponsors and ultimately the club.
He/they are not dismissing the CDRA at all. It is a standard answer. They are not dealing with this in the public eye, thats how any business would reply and as James has posted, it might be what has been advised.

Sheincar

jodysstillagirlsname said:
A contract has two sides, if they haven't maintained their part eg paying as per contract, then the club have no right to hold the players to any confidentiality clauses that may form part of that contract.

Sadly for you Ragan, trust and loyalty is earned and not a given, just because you think you are the big person.

How can the players be in breach of contract when the club has already breached that contract by not paying them?

wildthing74

Sheincar said:
jodysstillagirlsname said:

How can the players be in breach of contract when the club has already breached that contract by not paying them?
spot on

Paul Sullivan

Sliput said:
He/they are not dismissing the CDRA at all. It is a standard answer. They are not dealing with this in the public eye, thats how any business would reply and as James has posted, it might be what has been advised.
Actually I think he has dismissed them. He can't have it both ways:

Last season communications were issued saying that if anyone had any issues or complaints they should take it up with 'the appropriate CDRA representative'. (How on earth these guys were supposed to handle the Club's complaints in their supporting role was not made clear - another throwing of them under the bus).

Then Ragan was more than happy to use them to gather, officially mind you, feedback about the reasons for the 'outside' protest and issue official Club replies (which included blatant lies) via the CDRA website.

Now they have quite correctly, and within fair procedure and proper channels, withdrawn support, he is casually ignoring their existence.

He wants the penny and the bun. Problem is he has no penny and the bun, which was on credit, has been repossessed.

Mooney#16

Three avenues. Pay him. Kill club with non participation or get league to kick him out. The first two are not likely. Honestly I believe a league wide petition for a code of conduct of ownership with lose of franchise in administration or liquidation is best course. This situation could plague any EIHL team would be my key message. Every club is exposed. The owners must be forced to trade their businesses ethically in line with hockey principles and the idea of supporting Phoenix trading is poor. This practise must be punished with lose of franchise. With this avenue closed the chances for not maintaining obligations and conditions being pursued via legal avenues is far more on the cards. The owners need to be brought to bare on what this league stands for.

Finny

Unless the EIHL grow some balls and kick him out, I can see this season being pretty much a write-off. With a squad made up of a couple of imports, a couple of the local brits and the rest made up from the junior devils.

Bottom place it is.

Anyone renewing their season ticket before May 31st?

Mooney#16 said:
Three avenues. Pay him. Kill club with non participation or get league to kick him out. The first two are not likely. Honestly I believe a league wide petition for a code of conduct of ownership with lose of franchise in administration or liquidation is best course. This situation could plague any EIHL team would be my key message. Every club is exposed. The owners must be forced to trade their businesses ethically in line with hockey principles and the idea of supporting Phoenix trading is poor. This practise must be punished with lose of franchise. With this avenue closed the chances for not maintaining obligations and conditions being pursued via legal avenues is far more on the cards. The owners need to be brought to bare on what this league stands for.
anyone got any ideas of how to word such a petition?

Sliput

Mooney#16 said:
The first two are not likely. Honestly I believe a league wide petition for a code of conduct of ownership with lose of franchise in administration or liquidation is best course. This situation could plague any EIHL team would be my key message. Every club is exposed. The owners must be forced to trade their businesses ethically in line with hockey principles and the idea of supporting Phoenix trading is poor. This practise must be punished with lose of franchise. With this avenue closed the chances for not maintaining obligations and conditions being pursued via legal avenues is far more on the cards. The owners need to be brought to bare on what this league stands for.
The league are as dodgy as some of the owners, what makes you think that they will do anything ?