Panthers Vs Devils - League - 21st Feb 24 - FO 19:30

Wannabe2

On the night the better team won, they scored 5 against us, and hit the metalwork 3 times in the 3rd, so our bogey team carries on with their spell. Was a pretty good game to watch, but very timid as we ain’t a physical team, don’t know if Brandt was told to cool it but he wasn’t noticeable. So the winning streak is over and we move on.

ASHIPP

Incredibly frustrating to lose from leading 4-2. That's our valuable game in hand gone tonight. History has demonstrated that any incarnation of the Devils seems jinxed playing in the NIC. It's bizarre.

Steelers up next.. this weekend will probably see the gap closing between Devils and the teams behind.
PR must have been incandescent with frustration...any bench ban coming here?

Last edited:

Finny

Pete Russell ejected from the game and we get a bench penalty for abuse of officials. He threw a water bottle at the ref
I’m not sure that is quite correct. From the clip I’ve seen it looks like he is arguing with ref and he gets the penalty for Abuse of Official. After the ref skates away Russell hits the bottle onto the ice in anger.

Chris

Administrator
Final score... Panthers 5-4 Devils :(

1st Period
0-1 - Devils Goal - Alderson from Crandall and Batch @ 02:10
1-1 - Panthers Goal - Henbrant from Anderson @ 05:09
2-1 - Panthers Goal - Neilson from Michaud and Lunsjo @ 05:37
2-2 - Devils Goal - Sanford from Martin and Richardson @ 14:42

2nd Period
2-3 - Devils Goal - Arniel from Crawford and Barrow @ 22:41
2-4 - Devils Goal - Arniel from Donaghey @ 29:15 PPG
3-4 - Panthers Goal -Luciani from Ryczek @ 39:36

3rd Period
4-4 - Panthers Goal - Roy from McGurty and Kelsall @ 50:52
5-4 - Panthers Goal - Hazeldine from Pare @ 54:36

When we did not capitalise on that 4 minute penalty after the high stick on Ben Davies (a goal then would have taken it to 5-2), I had a strong feeling that would turn the game on it’s head.

Excellent winning streak mind - we now have to hold onto that 2nd place and gain traction to get something out of the season with the playoffs.

Last edited:

The_Stick_

I’ve had a look into a few stats over the past few seasons

The league winning side on average has had a 76% win ratio give or take. we are currently sat at 72%, and are very likely to hit 75% come the end of the season. It may not do much for most, but I think it adds a lot of context to our team and its performances this year

Last edited:

E.D.S.

A 12 game wining streak in any sport at any level is admirable. Frustrating to lose, especially to a team having the season (and adversity) that they’ve had but it is what it is.

Devils86

Having seen the GWG on X it looks absolutely fine. If PW was concerned that the officials had made a dud call by 're-allowing' it having originally called it as a no-goal, without reviewing it....

Why didn't he review the decision with a coaches challenge? (Happy for someone better informed on the finer points of the rules to educate me) Surely can't be a situation where the officials refused to review?

We still had the review available as we took the TO later.