Panthers v Devils - Sat 4th Feb 2017 - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

E.D.S.

It's not a problem seeing things differently as then we have a great debate :)

Though I think the shot count doesn't always reflect the share of the game it does tend to show who are the busiest in terms of goalmouth action - 14 to 2 reflects how I saw that first period after we went ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other than the goal I can't remember our other shot. It might have been when we cleared the zone and it went towards the nettie. That first period wasn't pleasant. Batch did well for his goal but then gave the puck away, was out muscled and out paced by the worst player I've ever seen, who then went on and scored but credit to Batch, he was solid for us afterwards.
It wasn't an easy game to play in. Very little in the way of physicality Bordy laid one hit and MrGratton stepped up. They had a hugfest, neither wanted to fight but they did what they had too. Huge amount of respect shown by each of them. Really good to see.

kettdevil1

Other than the goal I can't remember our other shot. It might have been when we cleared the zone and it went towards the nettie. That first period wasn't pleasant. Batch did well for his goal but then gave the puck away, was out muscled and out paced by the worst player I've ever seen, who then went on and scored but credit to Batch, he was solid for us afterwards.
It wasn't an easy game to play in. Very little in the way of physicality Bordy laid one hit and MrGratton stepped up. They had a hugfest, neither wanted to fight but they did what they had too. Huge amount of respect shown by each of them. Really good to see.
Are you genuinely claiming that the third top British point scorer in the league is the worst player you have ever seen? If so, I disagree vehemently. He is a tremendous hockey player, always in the right position, puts his body on the line night in, night out and he consistently gets inside our heads. I would sign him in a heartbeat.

Now if you meant to type 'fighter', I would agree 100%.

ASHIPP

Robert Farmer is vilified often for his lack of fighting ability.

The guy puts in 100% every shift, plays with grit, edge and attitude. Good line chemistry and chips in with points. Also has positional hockey smarts. A player I would love to see on our team, any day.

Ocko

Farmer has had a superb year. He's probably been the best brit forward in the league. Gives his all, even in a lost game, scores goals, hits, fights anyone (even when he knows he'll lose). I'd take him over any Brit from any other team.

kettdevil1

Farmer has had a superb year. He's probably been the best brit forward in the league. Gives his all, even in a lost game, scores goals, hits, fights anyone (even when he knows he'll lose). I'd take him over any Brit from any other team.
Agree, I was wondering if I would prefer Ben O'Connor but given the form of Batchy and Ritchie I would go for Farmer.

I would also add that it is not just this year he has been excellent, for the last few years he has been incredibly under rated (I suspect often because people just see him trying to fight).

Wannabe2

No way, he couldn't hold a candle to Colin Shields, now that's one Brit I would have loved to have signed.

Devil_Abroad

I'd take Farmer. He often shows deft touches, vision, and has speed. He winds up opposition players and stands up for his own. So he can't fight but takes the opponent to the penalty bench. I'd take him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ocko

He isn't even that bad at fighting anymore, 5 losses in 3 years (18 fights) isn't that bad. He reputation from his first season goes before him I think.

He's had draws against Batch & Keefe so he can't be all bad.

Sad indictment that our game 24 hours later is available for viewing and the Panthers can't get highlights out for consumption.

We live in a quick reaction media society with instant gratification required to serve a digital savvy viewership. We support a minority support and clubs should be encouraged to make these highlights available within a reasonably set timescale. To be fair to Steelers, highlights are nearly always available to following morning, with interviews within hours of the buzzer. Belfast provide highlights by midnight of the day the game finishes.

There is no excuse for an organisation like Panthers to not have similar output for online Highlights packages

Milky

Sad indictment that our game 24 hours later is available for viewing and the Panthers can't get highlights out for consumption.

We live in a quick reaction media society with instant gratification required to serve a digital savvy viewership. We support a minority support and clubs should be encouraged to make these highlights available within a reasonably set timescale. To be fair to Steelers, highlights are nearly always available to following morning, with interviews within hours of the buzzer. Belfast provide highlights by midnight of the day the game finishes.

There is no excuse for an organisation like Panthers to not have similar output for online Highlights packages
I think your comments here are wasted Steven. Perhaps you should direct your anger at the Panthers though I doubt it will be of much use. They seem to be the most thick skinned and insular organisation in the EIHL and thats saying a lot!!!!!

Tyke Devil

Apologies to all who took my initial post literally. I was being a sarcastic old git based on some posts from the
previous match thread against the Panthers. I often forget sarcasm is tricky for the reader on a forum.

Wannabe2

There's also no excuse for them not to have a webcast as well Steve, but they lack behind others for some mysterious reason, it could be worse though it could be us.

Earnie

I have no idea what this requested review is about but how about this for a new rule:
Any team that requests a review of an incident that was not called during the game , and DOPS deems no further action to be taken , shall itself be penalised one import for one period namely the first period.

Looking at the highlights not too sure if its what has been requested but Hotham does swipe his stick at a player infront of goal that leads to a few scuffles, or could possibly be involving the incident with the Nottingham players finger lol! With Hotham being reviewed last week could be trying to get a case against him before there in town on Sunday.