Panthers v Devils - 30/12 - 7:30pm - Chat/Updates

A

Anonymous

Dai Vader said:
Kaydee said:
i was told this afternoon that a lot of the problem is equipment shortages.jarvis had to play in nottingham with a broken blade and couldn't slapshot.birbraer has been asking for new skates for a couple of months and a few others are struggling with their skates and stuff. i was in the rink and overheard the kit guy saying that he has to borrow tape from belfast on saturday. how are they supposed ot compete if this is going on
Don't want to stir anything up, but i heard that kit is a sore subject due to the price of it and what the devils budget allows, like i said only what i have heard.
Why isn't the kit an issue when we play at home :?:

I went to the game Sunday night and to the game last night! Both shockingly bad! Last night more so as I thought one or two coaching decisions could have changed the game! Looking forward to Saturday though cant wait to watch a team with some heart, passion and bottle! Invicta are going down!

I've just had a look at the league table and frankly I am shocked. Sheffield are now only 4 points behind us if they win both of their games in hand! Given how crap their season has been and how close they are now to us really clarifies how badly our season is now going.

Edit: Forgot to add that I'm guessing we'll see a drop off in attendance figures now that most of our league games are pointless. I expect that once Burge realises that he is losing money from dropping crowd numbers he'll act to rectify the problem.

El Supremo said:
I've just had a look at the league table and frankly I am shocked. Sheffield are now only 4 points behind us if they win both of their games in hand! Given how crap their season has been and how close they are now to us really clarifies how badly our season is now going.

Edit: Forgot to add that I'm guessing we'll see a drop off in attendance figures now that most of our league games are pointless. I expect that once Burge realises that he is losing money from dropping crowd numbers he'll act to rectify the problem.
lol you make me laugh!

why would numbers drop off when we are so awesome at home ok we may not send the red army out to fill other teams coffers anymore but the product that the majority of fans see is the home one, which is good.

Wannabe2

El Supremo said:

Some people go to the hockey for pure enjoyment, and so far we have had bags of it at home, goals galore, big hits and fights, yes we are crap on the road, but we have watched everything that is good about hockey at ours, Hope your new year is happier than your last. :roll:

Wannabe2 said:
El Supremo said:

Some people go to the hockey for pure enjoyment, and so far we have had bags of it at home, goals galore, big hits and fights, yes we are crap on the road, but we have watched everything that is good about hockey at ours, Hope your new year is happier than your last. :roll:
My 2009 was quite good actually... but enough of that, I'm simply calling it as I see it. Unlike you, I don't think that light perpetually shines out of the Devils arse all of the time. When they deserve praise I give it to them but when they need to be criticised I don't bury my head head in the sand like some *cough* YOU *cough*.

Kaydee said:
i was told this afternoon that a lot of the problem is equipment shortages.jarvis had to play in nottingham with a broken blade and couldn't slapshot.birbraer has been asking for new skates for a couple of months and a few others are struggling with their skates and stuff. i was in the rink and overheard the kit guy saying that he has to borrow tape from belfast on saturday. how are they supposed ot compete if this is going on
That's a new one blame the equipment!!! :roll:

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #232
Why?

We were asked to put that press release up towards the start of December by the team.

People are now questioning the kit situation or at least hinting at something not being right.

The team put the call out for additional help/sponsorship and rarely for a thread on here, it received no replies.

If we're going to discuss the kit situation, time for a new topic.

Chris.

A

Anonymous

AHEM>> Why is the kit only an issue for away games, stop the excuses and start playing hockey!! :evil: :evil: