Our own Goon supporters !

osh

Thread starter #1
Yes folks, we've got them as well. In particular, one 'goon' positioned by the plexi at the cafe end of the rink ( on the left hand side behind the net ) Coming down the stairs in the company of a family with youngsters all as we could hear was this idiot swearing at McMorrow who was obviously enjoying the situation. Our so called supporter ( dressed in a Devil's shirt ) was goading McMorrow with the most foul language to be heard, and if he is reading this, take stock of yourself for gods sake !! Stewards who were in earshot did nothing about it, and it is these so called fans that let us down badly ! As for the game, we weren't good enough to beat a poor Belfast side.

very true, thats the reason we moved from there, due to the very bad language,the stewards should do more as its supposed to be a family sport!

no offence but what do you want the stewards they are they to stop people going up the stairs and show people to where there seats are, not to deal with problems with in the crowd, which is why we have secuitry there found by the front doors. A lot of the stewards arent able or not training in how to deal with people who using bad launged or worse,

steve

you don't need training to tell someone to shut up. you don't need to be a steward for that matter either.

and if anyone who does stand up to these idiots gets any abuse themselves then i'm sure the club will back them 100%.

Finny

I wonder if these were the same lads who were abusing Aubry last season, until Kipper stepped in. Sounds like a similar area from what has been described.

I also had a bunch of about 6 or 7 lads stood by me. Behind the goal between the cafe entrance and the main doors. (Possibly the same you have mentioned above)

All wearing white devils jerseys from last season

Foul mouth idiots all night long with children close. Football mentalitly

No offense to other football fans but these were bad

These kind of people in my opinion are not welcome to a family sport.

TheStub

I have noticed that there have been new fans who have less concern for others over recent season.

These are the sort of people who think it is OK to stand in front of you whilst you are in your seat, or wander around during play - and then give you a mouthful if you ask them to not.

Actually Finny the incident that happened last year with Kipper involved a few of my mates (inc females) where Kipper was just as bad as us which we resolved. Back on topic the incident that happenend at Sunday's game had nothing to do with us (I was aware of someone arguing with Mcmorrow but I was too far to hear what was going on). After one incident in the new rink and no incidents at all in the old rink (we as a group have been watching the devils every game for 8 years) I don't want us being labelled or accused when something out of order happens in the area we've been standing since the rink opened.

Kipper

Hilly1986 said:
Actually Finny the incident that happened last year with Kipper involved a few of my mates (inc females) where Kipper was just as bad as us which we resolved.
Indeed all resolved amicably and put to bed I'm glad to say

Hilly, spot on fella, i can and will vouch for you and your friends, a pleasant knowledgeable group who go along to support the devils and enjoy there evening!!

Now this incident last night, certain people amongst us know exactly who the individual involved was, and i am not going to start having a go at people on here or naming and shaming them, just hopefully they may be reading this thread and considering there actions somewhat inappropaiate.

After all, Ice Hockey is a family sport, where persons of all ages attend and on the whole have a good time, long may this continue and hopefully what we saw last night will be an isolated incident which won't be repeated again.

Well I think these people need to be pointed out to stewards, staff or security.

Not welcome in the rink. There's 2 lads (who don't wear shirts) early 20's who sit either block 9 or 10 who have supported the oposition in a few games I have noticed. Hull and Sheffield last year and Belfast too......Just trying to wind the home fans up. Idiots.

osh

Thread starter #13
SPEEDACE said:
Hilly, spot on fella, i can and will vouch for you and your friends, a pleasant knowledgeable group who go along to support the devils and enjoy there evening!!

Now this incident last night, certain people amongst us know exactly who the individual involved was, and i am not going to start having a go at people on here or naming and shaming them, just hopefully they may be reading this thread and considering there actions somewhat inappropaiate.

After all, Ice Hockey is a family sport, where persons of all ages attend and on the whole have a good time, long may this continue and hopefully what we saw last night will be an isolated incident which won't be repeated again.
As you say, hopefully the person in question will read what's been said and learn from it. We can accept the on ice fights, we have to accept the on ice goons also and the many bad refereeing decisions that get our backs up, but we surely don't have to tolerate such incidents as last night, and it's good to see others agreeing on this topic.

Wannabe2

This club is what it is due to very very nice people, its a club with very high morals, and thats why people and families love it so much. This is a quality that must never ever wain, its a quality thets a Cardiff thing, a thing that we are all very proud of, and a thing that everyone of us must preserve. We love our club in Cardiff, we have been up, we have been down, and we have done it all together, and no one person will tarnish that, we have all made mistakes its called being human, so come on guys its my club, your club, our club, lets keep it the club we have always been proud of.

Ger-Devils

Wannabe2 said:
This club is what it is due to very very nice people, its a club with very high morals, and thats why people and families love it so much. This is a quality that must never ever wain, its a quality thets a Cardiff thing, a thing that we are all very proud of, and a thing that everyone of us must preserve. We love our club in Cardiff, we have been up, we have been down, and we have done it all together, and no one person will tarnish that, we have all made mistakes its called being human, so come on guys its my club, your club, our club, lets keep it the club we have always been proud of.
Spot on!

samidevils said:
There's 2 lads (who don't wear shirts) early 20's who sit either block 9 or 10 who have supported the oposition in a few games I have noticed. Hull and Sheffield last year and Belfast too......Just trying to wind the home fans up. Idiots.
Those two are just a pair of clowns who think they are funny trying to annoy the devils fans. It's strange how they sit in the sponsors block where most of the people aren't fans as such!

Haven't seen them in a while hopefully they got bored and realised how sad they looked to the grown ups around them

Burgy said:
I also had a bunch of about 6 or 7 lads stood by me. Behind the goal between the cafe entrance and the main doors. (Possibly the same you have mentioned above)

We were stood the other side of these guys and their language is dreadful. Also they appeared to be giving someone the finger en masse at one point but not sure who to. I have seen them a few times but this was the first time this season that I've seen them.

Finny

Hilly1986 said:
Actually Finny the incident that happened last year with Kipper involved a few of my mates (inc females) where Kipper was just as bad as us which we resolved. Back on topic the incident that happenend at Sunday's game had nothing to do with us (I was aware of someone arguing with Mcmorrow but I was too far to hear what was going on). After one incident in the new rink and no incidents at all in the old rink (we as a group have been watching the devils every game for 8 years) I don't want us being labelled or accused when something out of order happens in the area we've been standing since the rink opened.
Fair enough, I apologise for the accusation.

Iceraider said:
Burgy said:

We were stood the other side of these guys and their language is dreadful. Also they appeared to be giving someone the finger en masse at one point but not sure who to. I have seen them a few times but this was the first time this season that I've seen them.

I was in a group of 7 guys standing by the cafe/main entrance not during play mind? we were dressed up as mimes, i'm hoping nobody thought it was one of us as would be gutted.

haha, no it wasn't you guys. You were funny, especially when you all got out of the taxi one after another! It was the same group Burgy was talking about.