One Question

Thread starter #1
Why is it most other team in the league are saying Weller is class and the Blaze fans haven't even mentioned him. Thought's please :lol:

Well after one of the games one of them did say they hoped Weller came with a money back guarantee - so there's your answer they don't know quality when they see it.

Simple jealousy that's all it is. They aren't used to having so many big, skilled guys who play amazingly.. so they don't have anyone to complain about, and use as a scapegoat, resulting in getting binned every 10 mins, like Voth.

They literally have no excuse for loosing other than the fact they got Devil'd to mush. :-D

Chris

Administrator
To be fair, our whole team didn't seem the same up in Coventry on Boxing day, I know we ground out a win but things just didn't feel the same.

With the rest of the team seemingly struggling, Weller also wasn't the same player up in Coventry, of course he was good but he wasn't the same player we've all seen...

Chris.

drainage

Chris said:
To be fair, our whole team didn't seem the same up in Coventry on Boxing day, I know we ground out a win but things just didn't feel the same.

With the rest of the team seemingly struggling, Weller also wasn't the same player up in Coventry, of course he was good but he wasn't the same player we've all seen...

Chris.
Guess thats it - seen Weller be awesome and then fairly ordinary but thats by his standards. But I dont think I have seen a "but you wish you could get your money back" performance :D

The guy is playing like a dream but to be fair so are the team .......exciting times in the BBT at the moment ! :D

Chris said:
Think Chrismtas day might have had something to do with that ;)

Seriously though, i'm sure most players on teams have a ''good time'' over christmas, after all, they're humans just like us. So maybe that was a facter?

osh

Nott Simpson said:
TheStub said:
An amazing Defenceman who can't take penalty shots? I'll take that.
Like Stephen Cooper at Wembey
:D :D This is where my superior knowledge of ice hockey comes to the fore and with respect to both NottSimpson and TheStub I have to correct both of you.

Weller and Cooper definately can ( and have ) taken penalties for the Devils, they simply didn't score on the ocassions you mention ;) ;)

Chris

Administrator
Think Chrismtas day might have had something to do with that ;)

Seriously though, i'm sure most players on teams have a ''good time'' over christmas, after all, they're humans just like us. So maybe that was a facter?
Most definitely, we ground out a win so I can forgive them this time :p

Chris.

Wannabe2

Dai Vader said:
Why is it most other team in the league are saying Weller is class and the Blaze fans haven't even mentioned him. Thought's please :lol:
To be honest if you had just watched your beloved team totally DESTROYED TWICE and humiliated by the finest team in the league, would you really be coming forward with compliments for them. Its a terrible thing jealousy, and makes you say weird things to the opponents fans, like show us your trophies, when the banners of honour are hanging from the rafters, after all we were winning trophies when they were the Solihull Blaze. Class act by the finest fans in the land mind you, when our fans cheered when the Blaze scored, made me feel really proud to be a Devils fan.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

drainage

off the Weller subject a sec but within the "one question" thread ...... why is G not being interviewed on the elite league ?? Maybe next week if we take the record for most wins :D :D

Not begruding the other teams their slot or exposure but cant recollect anything about the devils for a while (however if I am wrong please say!!!)

J.B said:
He was mentioned ... We said he needs to improve his penalty shots ;)
No improvement needed on his hip-checks though :lol:
Best of luck against our Farm Team tomorrow night, you'll certainly need it with the team you have at the moment :D

drainage said:
off the Weller subject a sec but within the "one question" thread ...... why is G not being interviewed on the elite league ?? Maybe next week if we take the record for most wins :D :D

Not begruding the other teams their slot or exposure but cant recollect anything about the devils for a while (however if I am wrong please say!!!)
It used to be down to the individual teams to send in their news to the elite league website which Anne Hall was very good at doing. Not sure if this is still the same situation?

drainage

phil PLT said:
drainage said:

It used to be down to the individual teams to send in their news to the elite league website which Anne Hall was very good at doing. Not sure if this is still the same situation?
ah that explains it ! suggest we get writing then - Finny's reports would brighten the place up :D

Wannabe2 said:
like show us your trophies, when the banners of honour are hanging from the rafters, after all we were winning trophies when they were the Solihull Blaze
Would it really have been that much effort for you to humour us (we were getting hammered) and send someone to go get the trophies you have won since the existance of the Solihull Blaze? I mean one bloke could have popped down to your trophy shelf, got them all (Isn't there about three or four?), dusted off a decade of dust and popped back up to show us? ;) :lol: