OK, some help and patience required

Thread starter #21
Wolfgirl where do you sit at games. No problem popping over to help or explain any answers to any questions you have during warm up of a game. The centre ice one Gazza is bang on with. Or just add to here and someone will answer. I may correct them a couple of times but cardiff does have a very educated fanbase. We used to do rule of the week in the programme.
We can't make every game so if I'm not there I'm watching or following online we sit where we can get seats. last time was behind the penalty box which was a great view. (open to other suggestions for where to sit next time)

Thanks, will let you know when we can make the next game, would be nice to put a face to the chat plus any help is always welcome!

Thread starter #22
We did the hand gestures on the screens at the bbt for 2 seasons.
They need to bring that back. Although the graphics these days are brilliant too as you can't always hear Todds announcements regarding calls and stuff so I usually listen out for what people around us say or check the MNL in the breaks

Samael

Google is your friend. I just found a visual reference guide on the Guildford flames site after a two second search, looks a bit dated and yes I know the flames arent EIHL however I can't imagine there being that much difference. I'd paste the link here but Im using the crappy ps4 web browser at the moment and havent worked out how to copy and paste url's. Just google search "Ice Hockey referee signal visual guide" or something like that and loads will be returned. Hope this helps.

Thread starter #24
C
Google is your friend. I just found a visual reference guide on the Guildford flames site after a two second search, looks a bit dated and yes I know the flames arent EIHL however I can't imagine there being that much difference. I'd paste the link here but Im using the crappy ps4 web browser at the moment and havent worked out how to copy and paste url's. Just google search "Ice Hockey referee signal visual guide" or something like that and loads will be returned. Hope this helps.
Cheers, will check that out now. doesn't matter if it's EIHL as long as it refers to European guidelines so I'm not shouting something out that's not covered here (unlikely as previously mentioned but you never know)

As for ps4 Web browser...I can just about turn the hubsters ps4 on let alone figure out how to use the Internet, give me a laptop any day...(although I'm a dab hand at xbox 360 )

Devil_Abroad

The IIHF Rule Book has all you need to know including illustrations of the hand signals to denote penalties. EIHL rules I believe are based on IIHF but some may vary.

Here's the link http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/sport/iihf-rule-book/

Go to page 126 [emoji3]

A good way to learn is to study one of the icetime on demand games and look up the penalties called during the game in the rule book to see if you can apply the relevant part of the rule to work out why the ref called it. It can be interesting, honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk