NOTTINGHAM SATURDAY

Wannabe2

I’m beginning to wonder whether they are that bothered. When you have some game night staff not wearing them or not wearing them properly, no announcements during the game, nobody enforcing anything, then it raises questions. Never mind, I’m sure bar sales on Saturday nights are great. Actions speak louder than words I’m afraid and we're not seeing much action on this.
Not sure how you can even think whether the club is bothered or not, the week before it was excellent and if these owners do one thing it’s to listen to the fans, the club has dropped a boo boo this week and I am confident it will be addressed in the proper manner. We have never been let down before by these guys, and I can’t see it starting now, hopefully a early response will be in order to ease the concerns rightly that people have about turning up next week. Stay Safe All.

moggy#9

Snatch squads are needed, rush in, remove anti maskers, give them a beating and put them in holding cells outside the arena.
Put nameplates on them and make an example for others in the future.
Put faces on the screen at next game and if seen without mask ever again give a lifetime ban…….

Or maybe that’s taking it a bit far????
Nope, sound good to me. ;-)

NathanG

Block 10 together with block 9 had many people who weren't wearing one - especially in the rows behind both benches. I'm in block 9. I felt better protected in Lausanne than I did last night at home - and as you know we didn't have to wear one in the arena while seated.
Ah right my bad, sorry. I probably spent a total of 20 seconds looking out for mask offenders. The rest of the time I concentrated on a brilliant game.

Here's the page on the Welsh Government website clarifying the matter:

https://gov.wales/face-covering-exemption-card
I’d like to say I’m shocked at this complete abdication of responsibility, but after
I thought about it for 2-3 seconds it doesn’t surprise me at all and sums up the sort of political correctness that is so pervasive in modern society!

The right to life has been overtaken by the right to choose! Un-effing believable!

Last edited:
Have to echo some of the comments on here. The performance of the team was unfortunately overshadowed by the lack of any awareness of COVID regulations.
It seems that the Lausanne game was a one off and the encouraging signs then of stewards who did their job have already disappeared after one game. Firstly, the number of stewards was considerably less last night. The appearance of a steward for every block keeping an eye on mask wearing was last night down to maybe a steward for every three or four blocks, nothing like enough. Secondly the stewards that were there had little interest in enforcing anything- we have long been used to the fact that they allow people to wander around whilst play is in progress but now their COVID duties have also done a runner. What are they there for if not to have some control over the drinking parties we seem to attract mostly on a Saturday night. The most useful thing I saw them do last night was mopping up a spilt pint and then it took three.coupled with the fact that some - not all, are setting the example of wearing masks around their neck.
Time for the club to get serious on this issue as it has the potential to close the down sooner than they may think. Last to open will be first to shut down again.

Hockeymad

Guys you can buy lanyards for 2 pound in ebay.

So many people I know have used this as a way out of not wearing masks.

You apparently cannot question them so unfortunately we just hope for the best

moggy#9

In fairness on another note the Stewart looking after the staircase between block 20 and block 1 is doing a great job, wearing a mask controlling the traffic and a good lad, very helpful.
I'm glad that those who are actually going the job they're paid for are getting praised. It can't be an easy job with some of the Muppets they have to deal with.

august04 2.0

Not sure how you can even think whether the club is bothered or not, the week before it was excellent and if these owners do one thing it’s to listen to the fans, the club has dropped a boo boo this week and I am confident it will be addressed in the proper manner. We have never been let down before by these guys, and I can’t see it starting now, hopefully a early response will be in order to ease the concerns rightly that people have about turning up next week. Stay Safe All.
We've had 3 home games, 2 of which have been a free for all. As I said, actions speak louder than words.
And while the Lausanne game was better in terms of announcements about mask wearing, there were still far too many groups of younger fans on the pop, completely ignoring these, and nothing being done about it. Mind you, at least all the staff I saw were wearing masks properly at that game, unlike last night.

Last edited:
To play devil's advocate, it's a huge burden and onus on Stewards to enforce mask-wearing. I've seen plenty of attempts by staff to do the same in shops/supermarkets etc. turn very nasty over the past year or so - and I'm not sure how fair it is to put, what is usually quite a young team of stewards, in that position when there are hundreds who seem to refuse to wear them. It just feels like an entirely different job role than what it usually expected of a match night steward.

Not sure what the solution is and something clearly needs to be done. What is most disappointing, however, is to hear that not all stewards are leading by example and wearing masks correctly themselves, that's completely unacceptable.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

Something in my new Devils mask irritated the hell out of my lungs and I coughed most of the way through the last 2 periods (must give it a wash) but I still kept it on. I am not in the slightest bit concerned for myself as I am double vaccinated and had a breakthrough Covid infection so my risk of reinfection is very low. Its about consideration for others who are vulnerable. That being said everyone around me in block 5 had them on. I could see some in the distant blocks not wearing them but not many. There are always going to be some who will not comply and still some who do not even believe Covid is real. (Yes after 10 days of Covid Isolation in a Jersey hotel a waitress told me she was not get vaccinated because Covid was not real. I pointed out that my friend died from that not real virus and another was suffering with long Covid. Unbelievable)