NHL Signings...

DevilDom

Devin just posted 2 youtube clips on twitter of fights he had with Blaze's new guy. IMO he wins them both. Maybe we are in for a lot more rough stuff in the future blaze games, especially if we can get Rupert to fight Olson!

ASHIPP

Think you'll find that our games are already tough against the teams in our league this season. The addition of one player doesnt neccessarily make a difference.Devils were v lucky with Craig Weller - the whole team responded to his style of play and improved as a result. That wont always happen.

In a tough conference Devils will always have to work hard to get results....there is nothing stronger than selfbelief and fighting spirit.

;)

Would much rather the Club stay patient and prudent spending when it can be afforded than facing further financial troubles. Some teams last season had former NHL experience players and Devils coped with them.

voth26

DevilDom said:
Devin just posted 2 youtube clips on twitter of fights he had with Blaze's new guy. IMO he wins them both. Maybe we are in for a lot more rough stuff in the future blaze games, especially if we can get Rupert to fight Olson!
any links cant seem to find the clips

Very pleased with this signing. Can't see him fighting (no offense to Deeds but since those fights, their careers have gone in very different directions) but should be a quality player at this level. Just imagine being some of the players called up from our NIHL team ... one minute you are playing in front of no fans, the next you are sitting in the dressing room next to a current NHL player. Fair play to the club for making it happen as well.

As much as I want an NHL player playing for Devils, for many reasons. Opportunity, EIHL coverage overseas, make Cardiff stand out even more, jealousy.. we have a full roster for once. No injuries ( touch wood) and short of money. How will G be able to decide which import to bench and for how long? I think we will up our game knowing teams we're going against have NHL players and when we win games, at least we can say we did it without an NHL player..

jimmy snels

If lucic was available for free id take him! :lol: rotate forwards and keep our roster fresh? Id take one if we could. just publicity would raise crowd numbers

Gazza272

helloimclaire said:
As much as I want an NHL player playing for Devils, for many reasons. Opportunity, EIHL coverage overseas, make Cardiff stand out even more, jealousy.. we have a full roster for once. No injuries ( touch wood) and short of money. How will G be able to decide which import to bench and for how long? I think we will up our game knowing teams we're going against have NHL players and when we win games, at least we can say we did it without an NHL player..

G would simply move to the bench i would think?

Have Hope#35

I've heard a rumour that we're trying to sort out a certain NHL'er, stumbling block is the Insurance! Anyone heard anything to back that up?

osh

Have Hope#35 said:
I've heard a rumour that we're trying to sort out a certain NHL'er, stumbling block is the Insurance! Anyone heard anything to back that up?

Well Wannabe2 says we won't be 'entering the arms race' (signing an NHL player ) so, there you go!!

Gazza272 said:
helloimclaire said:

G would simply move to the bench i would think?
That's what I was thinking if anyone, but I think we need him on the ice just as much as the other at times.
It's a tough call.

ASHIPP

Have Hope#35 said:
Well I've read that Steelers will annonce a second NHL signing this week....and Panthers possibly another. #gettingsilly

Have Hope#35

ASHIPP said:
Have Hope#35 said:
Well I've read that Steelers will annonce a second NHL signing this week....and Panthers possibly another. #gettingsilly
Perhaps it was one of these who is sorting out an agreement over the Insurance on a player? If we were to sign someone I think G would drop to the Bench... Wouldn't want to cut someone this early in the season!

I'm not sure the impact on the ice is the main thing. A 4th line grinder from the NHL like the guy we've signed isn't going to win games single handed and whilst he should be decent, I doubt he will have an immediate impact. Off the ice, the Blaze still talk about Belak and an NHLer could be exactly what the Devils need to get a boost in the crowds. I don't know how much the insurance is but if it is true about it not costing a fortune, I'd be surprised if Ragan doesn't jump on the bandwagon as it is a very rare opportunity to get a bit of buzz and get people talking in the city (even if it is only to a small extent).

J.B said:
I'm not sure the impact on the ice is the main thing. A 4th line grinder from the NHL like the guy we've signed isn't going to win games single handed and whilst he should be decent, I doubt he will have an immediate impact. Off the ice, the Blaze still talk about Belak and an NHLer could be exactly what the Devils need to get a boost in the crowds. I don't know how much the insurance is but if it is true about it not costing a fortune, I'd be surprised if Ragan doesn't jump on the bandwagon as it is a very rare opportunity to get a bit of buzz and get people talking in the city (even if it is only to a small extent).
I know you don't always get this kind of response on the inferno, but I totally agree with you J.B. :)