NHL Signings...

Re: Steeler New Signing

Excuse my ignorance but he is locked out of the NHL or will he have signed a proper contract?

A

Anonymous

How the hell do these teams afford players like drew miller and tom sestiso??
I like the nhl llockout because I get to see these kind of players, but a few more signings like this and we will surely have to get a player ourselves?

skippy said:
J.B said:
Excuse my ignorance but he is locked out of the NHL or will he have signed a proper contract?
Locked out isn't he ? Was with Flyers last year ?
Thanks. Looks like he ended the season in the AHL but assume as NHL contract. Think he could be decent as got some OK stats in AHL. Looks like Blaze might have something lined up too and Ragan hinted at something maybe for Devils? As others have said, I think its OK for teams who have a gap but cutting players to replace them with NHL players is a bit out of order.

wildthing74

J.B said:
skippy said:
J.B said:
Locked out isn't he ? Was with Flyers last year ?
Thanks. Looks like he ended the season in the AHL but assume as NHL contract. Think he could be decent as got some OK stats in AHL. Looks like Blaze might have something lined up too and Ragan hinted at something maybe for Devils? As others have said, I think its OK for teams who have a gap but cutting players to replace them with NHL players is a bit out of order.
Totally agree J.B.Money aside the only benefit I see is injury cover but letting guys go unless deserved has no long term benefit if the lock out is done by Winter classic.

Gazza272

Zack Kassian said:
How the hell do these teams afford players like drew miller and tom sestiso??
I like the nhl llockout because I get to see these kind of players, but a few more signings like this and we will surely have to get a player ourselves?

They cost hardly anything! If they are willing to cover their insurence partly themselves like Wade Belak did they will play for pennies!

An agent has tweeted a lot of NHL'ers are shopping themselves around for less than some of the import forwards who signed in the EIHL in the summer.

Slartibartfast

Interesting to see his earnings. Steelers will not be paying him the $247k he got in the NHL last year but they will probably match his AHL earnings.

ASHIPP

V strong rumours that Blaze have signed an NHL player....announcement anytime soon.

Marc Twaite tweets that 3 more lockout players believed to be joining UK teams.

ASHIPP said:
V strong rumours that Blaze have signed an NHL player....announcement anytime soon.

Marc Twaite tweets that 3 more lockout players believed to be joining UK teams.
Mike Richards to the Giants..

ASHIPP

Don't you just love the irony with Simms. He lambasts Panthers as 'desperate to win' after signing an NHL player after 2 losses to Steelers. Now Steelers sign their very own and it's apparently 'exciting times ahead' in Sheffield. #plonker

drainage

ASHIPP said:
Don't you just love the irony with Simms. He lambasts Panthers as 'desperate to win' after signing an NHL player after 2 losses to Steelers. Now Steelers sign their very own and it's apparently 'exciting times ahead' in Sheffield. #plonker
He won't change and will never see the stupidity in some of his comments ... It's a fact just like the sun rises in East !

Blaze announcing NHLer tomorrow. Rumoured could be Deryk Engelland but to be honest, any body is very welcome at the moment.

kettdevil1

J.B said:
Blaze announcing NHLer tomorrow. Rumoured could be Deryk Engelland but to be honest, any body is very welcome at the moment.
Would be an interesting signing.

Very tough cookie who could take on anyone in the EIHL. Having said that, barndoor and banjo comes to mind when he nears the net.

Skippy

Good to hear the Blaze have someone in, as injury cover signing and NHLer is awesome.

Still think cutting someone to sign one is very wrong

A tough defenceman isn't really required but anyone with that experience should be an asset. I remember Wade Belak's first game for the Blaze and the buzz around the place, even in the warm up, watching a giant of a man in his Maple Leafs gloves skating around our poxy little rink!

Could leave Thommo with a dilemma as Giudice, Domish and Cameron could be back in the next few weeks and us twitter stalkers can see the team are a pretty tight bunch who are unlikely to take kindly to having a team-mate cut for some Johnny come lately NHLer.

24/7 Rangers vs Flyers showed Sestito up to be a complete douchebag that talked a good game but little else. Just 14 games for the flyers last year, career 27 games 2 goals, 3 assists and a -7 rating with 147pm. Hardly a quality NHL player to get excited about - just a 4th line goon that got sent back to the minors.

wildthing74

Oldgoalie80 said:
24/7 Rangers vs Flyers showed Sestito up to be a complete douchebag that talked a good game but little else. Just 14 games for the flyers last year, career 27 games 2 goals, 3 assists and a -7 rating with 147pm. Hardly a quality NHL player to get excited about - just a 4th line goon that got sent back to the minors.
I was going to post pretty much the same ha ha!