***NHL 09/10***SPOILER ALERT***NHL RESULTS INSIDE***

Thread starter #1
Who's your teams?

Who'd you call for the conferences, league, playoffs etc?

Any new faces you fancy being the next Crosby or Ovechkin?

Anything NHL based really, I wanna know peoples views for the upcoming season.

Watched the Leafs/Flyers pre season game tonight and the Leafs have alot of potential.

But personally I think its a Red Wings season (I'm not a wings fan) as there as ever looking strong. But it'd be nice for the playoffs trend to continue with another team winning, maybe a complete underdog. Except Capitals, I'm being slightly realistic with that hope.

Views.

Go.

Devil fan DevilDan

Re: NHL 09/10

The Wings look weaker this year than in a while IMHO, I imagine they will do well but at the moment I'm not sure they will go all the way again this year. Chicago are in a bit of a do or die situation. They have so many big names going FA at the end of this year and next, plus being well up against the cap, they will know this year might be their best chance for a while. The West looks tight this year with Wings, 'Nucks, Flames, Sharks all up there.

In the East It really could be anyone. I still think the leafs are at least a season away from competing at the top but Burke has really given them an extra dimension during the off season. Philly are struggling pre-season but they did last year too. The biggest downgrade this year though has to be the Rangers. If Lundquist isn't on top of his game every night then they will struggle this year.

My team is the Vancouver Canucks!

Western Conference -
1st Canucks :D
2nd Chicago
3rd Calgary
4th San Jose
5th Detroit
6th Ducks
7th Oilers
8th Columbus

Eastern Conference -
1st Boston
2nd Pens
3rd Caps
4th Devils
5th Senators
6th TB Lightning
7th Montreal
8th Hurricanes

Stanley Cup Champions -
Vancouver Canucks :D

Conn Smythe -
Roberto Luongo :D

Players To Watch Out For -
Ryan Kesler (VAN) :D Cody Hodgson (VAN) :D Tavares (NYI) Hedman (TB) Varlamov (WSH) Gustavsson (TOR) Kane (CHI) and you can never rule out Theo Fleury :lol:

COME ON THE CANUCKS!

Thread starter #4

Kane and Toews are going to have another spectacular season it seems, they were brilliant to watch when I was in Chigaco last season!

yeah we havent had the best of pre-seasons but come the beginning of the season i think we will be fine.
Once again for the umpteenth time our season will mainly be decided on our goaltending and how big a gamble emery will be. We have added a little more toughness about us this season with pronger, lapperriere etc though i dont think we needed to add toughness.
Looking forward to the season and looking forward to watching the broad street bullies! :p

I actually think Emmery will be a good fit for the flyers, he had a good season in Russia last year too.

Talking of Theo he scored the game winning penalty shot against the Islanders in his first game back last week!

I know it's like rooting for a Sunday League team to win the FA cup but I support the Nashville Predators.
could be worse,at least your not a penguins "fan", a devils fan, a rangers fan...uh...have i forgotten anyone? :lol:

TheStub

I'm a Jersey fan :p

Not sure how it is all going to fallout this season, we didn't seem too convincing in our one warmup game so far.

Need to catch up on all the goings on tbh...lots happening in my life, and there is just too much hockey :lol:

well!
the NHL season has gotten underway, havent seen much to be honest but im pretty happy to get 2 points away to the canes which was a tough first game.
emery looked decent and a shut-out will do him good.

well well well, the mighty flyers are 2-0 so far and had a great win over the devils which is always welcome :D
gonna savour this because its not often we score 5 goals past brodeur.

TheStub

Finally got around to watching the Flyers Devils game. What a great season opener. Result didn't go our way, but the game was more even than the result suggests. Emery made 5 or 6 outstanding saves, and Brodeur will want a few of those back.

flyers looked really good. Physical, fast and dangerous. They will score plenty, and be hard to score against. What a great signing Pronger is.

Devils seemed to lack something upfront. The D looks as good as ever, but only the ZZ Pop line seemed to have any really offense, and they were closed down a little too well. Hopefully when injuries and young guys settle we will have more depth up front.

just a quick rant, i am not a happy chappy! :x
the flyers caps game was supposed to be shown on espn america but instead it was crappy baseball!!!
from what i understand someone had to win the game because it was to go into the playoffs, but what really annoyed me was that espn AND espn america were showing the same goddamn thing!
as im writing this i do not know the end result, right now its 5-4 caps, but i did NOT stay up till 2:30am to watch frickin baseball!!! :evil:

TheStub

I just wait until it comes on to the torrent site, usually get to see it in HD but have to spend a day avoiding the score.

unlucky merthyr devil (on the fact you have a lecture at 9am :p )
nice to see danny get a goal on his birthday and congrats to richie for his hat-trick.
goona watch the replay on espn later

wow...what a poor game. ok guys, dont take this as yet another penguins bashing moment from moi but last nights game was very poor, penguins didnt show up at all. But thats not what i was concerned about, it was the atmosphere. The place was dead! At first i thought it was just where the comms were sitting, but even they said it was extremely quiet. Must be hard for a team to get going when there is no atmosphere around.
P.S cant wait for the game tonight! :twisted:

Thread starter #20

Didn't watch the pens game last now

However the Flyers/Caps game the other night was highly entertaining for a neutral of both teams