new signings

Thread starter #1
Devils have reached agreement with a new import defenceman who is coming in on a Cardiff Business School package, combining studies with ice hockey, while he is close to clinching another first line forward.

so who do you think these 2 will be? any ideas? :)

ASHIPP

shepherd68 said:
Devils have reached agreement with a new import defenceman who is coming in on a Cardiff Business School package, combining studies with ice hockey, while he is close to clinching another first line forward.

so who do you think these 2 will be? any ideas? :)
For defenceman: Kevin Bolibruck or Peter Metcalf would be incredible but I just get the feeling it could be a young guy completely new to British Ice Hockey. Mike Beynon? Steve Makway?

First Line Forward: Would absolutely love it to be one of 3 - Sly, Max or Matt (Elich)
All have been linked to the Devils this Summer (and heavily discussed!) but that doesn't always follow!

I think everyone on this forum knows by now, that I would be exstatic if we signed Peter Metcalf :D
Matt Elich is also another personal favourite of mine :)
However, I would be happy if any of those players signed Annie.
Bar the exception of Mike Beynon.

I always thought that we only had to Cardiff Business School places to offer and that they were still being used by Jarvis and Hartwick?! Great news if we can offer and extra one.

Nitra said:
I always thought that we only had to Cardiff Business School places to offer and that they were still being used by Jarvis and Hartwick?! Great news if we can offer and extra one.
Yeah, you are right there, I think this means that we will be recieving another placement from Cardiff business school.

Come on Smitty, bring Josh Olsen back from Italy with ya.... scores more points than Smith and is 6'5 and is 230 Ibs or near about.

Sorry, had a Blaze/Steelers moment there, I saw someone with good stats and assumed they would be interested in coming here.

Rempel16

Kevin Bolibruck would be an absolutely awesome signing. Was quality the last time he was on these shores and has been playing at a higher level since.

When rumoured to Sheffield, he was interested in a uni package so maybe old teammate ties through G can persuade him to come here (if we are in the mix for him).

How about another name from way out on left field...... Rod Sarich? Has been a loyal servant to the Steelers for four seasons, but he is looking for a uni course and apparently Sheffield haven't got what he wants.

ASHIPP

Rempel16 said:
Kevin Bolibruck would be an absolutely awesome signing. Was quality the last time he was on these shores and has been playing at a higher level since.

When rumoured to Sheffield, he was interested in a uni package so maybe old teammate ties through G can persuade him to come here (if we are in the mix for him).

How about another name from way out on left field...... Rod Sarich? Has been a loyal servant to the Steelers for four seasons, but he is looking for a uni course and apparently Sheffield haven't got what he wants.
This would be a fantastic signing too. :D Another real quality d man. News on Steelers website says there are delays in some of the signings - you're right what is being rumoured on their fans forum that Sarich seems to be delaying a commitment to the Club because there is no uni place. I can't cope with all this speculation - it's too exciting!

Finny

Can't see us signing Bolibruck. Don't forget there is a wagecap - or at least wage suggestion.

If we signed all these players suggested we would have a wagebill along the lines of an ISL team.

My guess is the two remaining wingers on the first line will be quality players, ECHL with a bit of AHL experience. Birbraer or Elich would be awesome but I think we might be setting our hopes too high to get both of them?

I would then expect the defenceman to be an offensive defenceman - a top ECHL player hopefully. With the final winger on the 3rd line being someone who can score and hit hard, and having spent most of their recent years in the CHL/UHL.

An interesting thing, maybe a mistake, from the Echo article:

"Devils have reached agreement with a new import defenceman who is coming in on a Cardiff Business School package, combining studies with ice hockey, while he is close to clinching another first line forward. Adams is also close to agreement with three other high impact import players as he builds a team to launch a major charge for honours."

"Cardiff Devils now have six of their 10 import signings with two more looking certain to be announced quickly."

"Import players (maximum 10 in any one game): Mark Smith, Jay Latulippe, Wes Jarvis, Mike Hartwick, Gerad Adams, Brad Voth."

So, to cut a long story short....is Adams going to be a spare import, will we go with 11?

Finny

devilsice said:
An interesting thing, maybe a mistake, from the Echo article:

"Devils have reached agreement with a new import defenceman who is coming in on a Cardiff Business School package, combining studies with ice hockey, while he is close to clinching another first line forward. Adams is also close to agreement with three other high impact import players as he builds a team to launch a major charge for honours."

"Cardiff Devils now have six of their 10 import signings with two more looking certain to be announced quickly."

"Import players (maximum 10 in any one game): Mark Smith, Jay Latulippe, Wes Jarvis, Mike Hartwick, Gerad Adams, Brad Voth."

So, to cut a long story short....is Adams going to be a spare import, will we go with 11?
I'm guessing the 3 impact players will be the 1st line left wing, 1st line right wing, #1 defenceman.

I think we'll start the season with just the 10 imports. What the new rules mean is that if anyone gets injured we can bring in an 11th import without having to de-register anyone, and can then rotate when everyone is fit.

Finny

devilsice said:
Oh, I took it as three others plus the d-man and the winger...maybe I'm just a pedant :D The paragraph I quoted does suggest that though!
Hmm.. you are right.
Perhaps we are looking to sign another import - or maybe even a quality brit? Unless the Echo wrote that line first then went back to add the bit about the winger - but forgot to correct the later statement.

Either way - exciting times ahead!

matt1986 said:
Come on Smitty, bring Josh Olsen back from Italy with ya.... scores more points than Smith and is 6'5 and is 230 Ibs or near about.

Sorry, had a Blaze/Steelers moment there, I saw someone with good stats and assumed they would be interested in coming here.
Haha if we're playing that game...
I'm hoping there's an outside chance, that a few friendly ties involving Jay could help us lure either...

Sebastien Thinel
or
Dominic Leveille

What a quality addition to the first line, any of them would be :)

Although, there are quite a few players I'd like to see in that final spot on the 1st line, the main contender being Matt Elich. :mrgreen:

I guess I'll just leave it to the pro's ;)

devilsice said:
".......while he is close to clinching another first line forward. Adams is also close to agreement with three other high impact import players as he builds a team to launch a major charge for honours."
Ok, here's a little left field idea, how about the other "First line Forward" being Tait? Doesn't say import!....now that would be fun! Never gonna happen but imagine the outrage on here :D

Could you imagine shouting "Heads up Ash!" and actually mean it :lol:

Haha, that did pass my mind tbh.
imagine if... Tait came here, and Prpich ended up at the Steelers :lol:
... what a rivalry we would have then ;)

Although Tait is a center so... :roll:

ASHIPP

scottydoesntknow said:
Haha, that did pass my mind tbh.
imagine if... Tait came here, and Prpich ended up at the Steelers :lol:
... what a rivalry we would have then ;)

Although Tait is a center so... :roll:
Yeah, at the moment, who knows where Tait is going? He's been rumoured to just about everywhere in the world! :lol: