New signing?

Gazza272

El Supremo said:
I don't know anything about the rumour but I wouldn't dismiss it straight away. First of all, if Adams has learned that this guy is available (and perhaps fairly cheap?) why wouldn't he try and sign him? Remember, Adams is judged on results and even if he shows the upmost loyalty to his current players his job is still on the line. Second of all, the rumour states that Adams is in advanced negotiations with the player which to me sounds like the source may have insider information.

But thats the thing British ice hockey.co.uk ALWAYS word their rumours like that. and most of the time (up until this point) they have been dead wrong.

Rumours are startng to get a little bit tiresome at present, just last week we had Whistle coming back! I'm not totally dismissing this but unless it's for himself to go back on the bench i just simply cant see who he would cut to bring this guy in, and i dont see why he would gamble with what appears to be a tight dressing room.

rolf

well we could gas an under-performing d man replace him with this guy (who does look the mutts nuts) and G could revert to d himself..................

what d-man has been underperfoming though? think theyve all been pretty solid, if this rumuor is true, where would someone of his calibre play? i mean what line would he be on, i cant see this happening unless one of the first line gets injured long term and hes signed as a like for like replacement. Would be a quality signing though, and add even morefirepower, a player that potentially could add an extra 30/40points to the effort.

jimmy snels

i think its fair to say romfo is the weakest link in the D this season so i guess ROLF is thinking him ;)

i agree tho i dont know wot line he would play on but fire power wise....... :D

rolf

well that could be an option. our lines appear very flexible this year so he likely wouldn't upset things too much and IF he is affordable, it could be a smart move. alternatively G might fancy hangin em up again in which case he shuffles his forward pack once more.

When are you going to let this drop ? Romfo has been playing well for the last few matches and the team has been getting the results. Anybody who can critisize his performance against Belfast must be joking as the whole team didn't play for two periods, with the exception of Stevie Lyle, then woke up and Romfo was one of the better players. We have gotten our best start in the league for years, have reached the Challenge Cuo semifinals and all you lot are on about is ' GAS ' Romfo ! The only gas on here is coming from a lot of people on this topic ( verbal kind ) :lol: :lol:

rolf

i don't necessarily disagree with you rogue123, he ain't thatbad, but then again he ain't all that good either, merely ok in my view. this team has shipped some goals already this year, so our D ain't all that really. romfo is probably the most disappointing/dare i suggest weakest member of this team so far for me and IF this guy is keen and IF we can afford him then why not? i ain't smug enough to think we are all that special and any chance to improve the roster should be considered. G reverting back to D with stoney would stiffen that line and the new guy would add some serious fire power up front. i don't necessarily want to see anyone become unemployed, but then again i would want this team to be some kick ass outfit and the addition of bekar to that could just elevate us there. anyways big bad bob has prolly had the bucket out and he'll sign for the tinmen so it's likely all idle conjecture, but that ain't too bad either as it's too cold to go and play out at the moment.............

ASHIPP

I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibility that another signing could happen. As someone else said, Smith's injury may be worse than is being revealed publically. Other teams have signed players to cover for injury this year - it's a possibility this is too. Smith has had an unfortunate season so far with niggling knocks that have kept him out of some games. I had the feeling in the off-season he might have had an on-going injury because in an interview he had said he hadn't been on the ice for the whole Summer. It rang some alarm bells - professional player not keeping fit?
Smith, I'm afraid, makes the difference in some of our matches. He was missed on Sunday against Belfast because he would have been creating chances, been in the right position and trying some clever stuff in front of Craze that a player of his calibre can do. Unfortunately G had to mess around again with the lines because of Smith's absence - it mucks up the systems. Notice Latullippe replaced by Michel on 1st line after P1?

Valid point rolf but its the 'D' as a whole who have been leaking goals not just individuals but THANKFULLY we have LYLE in goal otherwise we would have lost a lot more games. Sometimes our 'D' take it for granted that Lyle will bail them out all the time. But my point is we have the second best goal differenc in the league and our 'D' is starting to play a lot better so WHY change things " IF IT AINT BUST DONT FIX IT " no matter who becomes available :twisted:

rogue123 said:
THANKFULLY we have LYLE in goal otherwise we would have lost a lot more games.
what a difference a season makes.

Last season large sections of the giants faithful (myself included) were worried that lyle had all but given up on hockey, he had a few bad games and the forums turned on him and all off a sudden his confidence was visably shaken. So far this season, since ive been here Lyle has been back to the Lyle we stole from Bison 2 years ago who backstopped us to a league record 16-0 run. If your D unit sures up a bit there is no reason why he cant go on a similar run.

Well, it looks like adams may indeed be dropping himself from the team:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/ice ... -25163033/

I'll be disappointed if he does, were winning games and playing well (apart from last sunday) so i dont see any need for the change, i also dont think adams is playing that badly and looking at the effect he had on miller clearly has an influence. I like the francis/adams combo and would be happy for it to remain the way it is.
He does also seem to be making a hint that romfo isn't going anywhere, which i think is good, hes not playing THAT badly at the moment and i think hes just struggling to adjust.

Chris

Administrator
whilst I appreciated the coverage we get in the Echo, that has to be one of the worst press releases i've ever seen/read.

What does the last bit even refer to?
This is not an additional game, and is covered by the 2009-10 season ticket.
The article seems to be about Adams potentially dropping himself, so why is that last bit even there?

Perhaps next time they can come up with something more substanial and better written...

Chris.

Finny

There was a recent news article on the official Devils site confirming a forthcoming Steelers game midweek. Perhaps Terry meant to put that in but forgot?

jcb

I think the last piece of the article on line has been left behind from an earlier story as the Echo itself (by that I mean the paper itself) doesn't mention it. The actual piece in the Echo is a much bigger article and looks like the online version got cut after the mention of the locker room.

Chris said:
whilst I appreciated the coverage we get in the Echo, that has to be one of the worst press releases i've ever seen/read.

What does the last bit even refer to?
This is not an additional game, and is covered by the 2009-10 season ticket.
The article seems to be about Adams potentially dropping himself, so why is that last bit even there?

Perhaps next time they can come up with something more substanial and better written...

Chris.
Hi Chris, dont know if you have actually seen it in the paper or what was just written in the article on website. In the paper it has a full page with quotes from G. in the article on website it is one paragraph.

it does say that he is thinking of making a move.