• No

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I'ts ok I guess

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • I hate it!

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
Well until we see interior designs can't really comment :p

But from a visual point of view the exterior looks impressive and will no doubt be a good visual icon to the ISV.

Martynwo

Yes, the red wall looks great ;)
I'd rather wait until the inside,the bit that matters, is made clear and see a detailed drawing not a fancy architect vision, then I'll vote.

I'm worried by the walkway next to the ice. I've read that the main way in and out of your seat and around the rink will be above/behind but there does seem to be space there and we could end up with people walking/standing in this area.

Other than that (and the perspective on this image making the roof look super low) looks pretty ideal!

I honestly don't think this is a final version and most certainly not to scale...

As people have pointed out there are no benches etc.. penalty boxes..

I'm sure a more detailed version will become available once this is shown then I think we will need to voice our concerns..

Hopefully it will be a 3D panoramic style video or design in which you can view it giving the best idea of what we will have...

Until then... :D

inside looks great, but :eek: if you are sat low down, side on to either goal at either end or either side, add penalty boxes on one side and benches surrounded by plexie glass on the other you wont be able to see anything down the other end on your side of the pad, had this problum at sheffield and notts last season and had to move further up in sheffield , had to live with it in nottingham. had the same problum at many rinks in the past, just an observation, worth considering when we get to pick our seats. and theres me thinkin stephen coopers shirt got retired :DWD

redtilldead said:
inside looks great, but :eek: if you are sat low down, side on to either goal at either end or either side, .......you wont be able to see anything down the other end on your side of the pad, had this problum at sheffield and notts last season and had to move further up in sheffield , had to live with it in nottingham......:DWD
It's pretty...but not practical. The bottom row of seats should start much higher. These are the same as those in the old rink, either side of the DJ's area and sin bins. Why is it I have little faith in the sight lines and viewing being any better than at present? There surely must be sufficient 'height' to start the bottom row ...then a sufficient 'pitch' to ensure you can see over the person in front....as well as see the boards/ice immediately beneath you. Let's learn from the past... and not assume the 'very basics' will be in place !
Let's demand it now !

osh

schulersagoodun said:
redtilldead said:
inside looks great, but :eek: if you are sat low down, side on to either goal at either end or either side, .......you wont be able to see anything down the other end on your side of the pad, had this problum at sheffield and notts last season and had to move further up in sheffield , had to live with it in nottingham......:DWD
It's pretty...but not practical. The bottom row of seats should start much higher. These are the same as those in the old rink, either side of the DJ's area and sin bins. Why is it I have little faith in the sight lines and viewing being any better than at present? There surely must be sufficient 'height' to start the bottom row ...then a sufficient 'pitch' to ensure you can see over the person in front....as well as see the boards/ice immediately beneath you. Let's learn from the past... and not assume the 'very basics' will be in place !
Let's demand it now !
Got to agree that the first rows need to be significantly higher to ensure good sight lines. I honestly think that this mock up has been posted all too quickly as there are so many elementary mistakes. As there are no official internal plans released to the public as yet, I think the mock up was posted as a means to pacify us and won't reflect what we actually get ( at least I hope so) Still, with almost a further year's delay, we have every opportunity to get it right I suppose

TheStub

Re: Re: new ice rink design

osh said:
schulersagoodun said:
redtilldead said:
Let's demand it now !
Got to agree that the first rows need to be significantly higher to ensure good sight lines. I honestly think that this mock up has been posted all too quickly as there are so many elementary mistakes. As there are no official internal plans released to the public as yet, I think the mock up was posted as a means to pacify us and won't reflect what we actually get ( at least I hope so) Still, with almost a further year's delay, we have every opportunity to get it right I suppose
I'd assume that they are an artist's impression from a first draft of a layout, and you would hope that it is an attempt to gain the sort of comments garnered here.

If we are bring picky, where are the corporate boxes? The sin bins and timekeeper boxes?

Personally I think the first row should be nearer the ice, if not actually close enough to bang the plexi. You would then hope the seating would be steeply tiered, much like the NIC. Is there a bad seat in there?

I just hope that SORAC are compiling all the comments, editing for sanity, giving a bit of priority and handing them over.

Also, a trip to the tent for the designer would help. Show them the mistakes.