New Fixtures

Finny

I would guess that the Elite League will be officially releasing the whole fixture list on monday. I believe the final fixtures meeting was a couple of days ago - so this then gives the teams a couple of days to arrange flights and accommodation before they are publically announced and fans start doing the same.

It appears the Devils have known for a while that we would be starting in Newcastle and so have already booked accommodation - and so there is no harm in releasing this information now.

ASHIPP

Opening fixtures so far look like:

Sat 5th:
Sheffield v Coventry
Nottingham v Belfast
Newcastle v Cardiff

Sun 6th
Coventry v Nottingham
Hull v Belfast
Newcastle v Cardiff

Despite having an away double-header, there are positives for the Devils.
At least travelling is reduced to a minimum and they will have got two of their scheduled away games out of the way early. :D Sheffield and Hull only play 1 game each that weekend and Edinburgh don't start their season till later!

ASHIPP said:

Sat 5th:
Sheffield v Coventry
Nottingham v Belfast
Newcastle v Cardiff

Sun 6th
Coventry v Nottingham
Hull v Belfast
Newcastle v Cardiff

At least travelling is reduced to a minimum and they will have got two of their scheduled away games out of the way early. :D Sheffield and Hull only play 1 game each that weekend and Edinburgh don't start their season till later!
have the other fixtures been confirmed then?

ASHIPP

Spatzy said:
ASHIPP said:

Sat 5th:
Sheffield v Coventry
Nottingham v Belfast
Newcastle v Cardiff

Sun 6th
Coventry v Nottingham
Hull v Belfast
Newcastle v Cardiff

have the other fixtures been confirmed then?
Got this info from Steelers website. Can't see anything else there.

I just checked a few teams sites as well and still nothing. I think only people on the forums have been saying Monday though - the Elite League article regarding the opening fixtures said "Full EIHL Schedule will be posted on the Elite League web site shortly". So who knows when it will be! Really hope it's today though - getting beyond a joke that we don't know the fixtures with less than a month to go. Maybe after 10am :roll:

ledgend777 said:
I just checked a few teams sites as well and still nothing. I think only people on the forums have been saying Monday though - the Elite League article regarding the opening fixtures said "Full EIHL Schedule will be posted on the Elite League web site shortly". So who knows when it will be! Really hope it's today though - getting beyond a joke that we don't know the fixtures with less than a month to go. Maybe after 10am :roll:

thursday now..this is a joke now...
http://www.vipershockey.co.uk/latest-he ... res-update

You beat me to it - just seen that myself as Vipers seem to be the only club letting us know anything. So we're going to be told the fixtures 3 weeks before it starts - great :roll:

Probably Edinburgh starting 3 weeks after everyone else isn't helping.

hockeyrocker26 said:
Well, at least we have a date for the fixtures release now. No need for the guessing games any more! Bring on the planning!! :D
it was meant to be today though, i wouldnt be suprised if it is changed again.

Lets be honest about this does this really surprise any of you. This is the ELITE league we are talking about after all. Dont give a toss about the fans and traveling arrangements etc because they know we will still be dull enough to do it. I include myself in that last statement. :lol:

DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH FOR THURSDAY.

James

Administrator
I think a few teams still needed time to book travel for themselves. I'm sure there is no ulterior motive. I'd guess organising a league of hockey teams is like hearding cats on occasion. :D