New Fixtures

Awh - thought this thread was going to have a list of the fixtures :(

Been checking THF, this forum, elite site, Belfast Giants site (as I'm sure they had them up first last year) about 20 times a day for the past week waiting for them to be released. Surely must be by the end of this week?

why do they release the fixtures so late? it is so stupid, imagine we have like belfast away first game (like last year) the flights would be so expensive to book now..

Finny

Basically they have to:

Ask the arena/rink for available dates. These are then taken to the fixtures meeting and a basic fixture list is produced.

The teams go back and then check the fixtures, and confirm that everything is ok with the arena/rinks.
With the arena's this isn't always possible and changes have to be made. This sometimes means other teams have to change their fixtures too.

I think in the past there have been several fixture drafts done before they finally get to one that everyone is happy with. There is then usually a couple of days delay whilst the teams book their flights and accomodation before they are publically released - to make sure the fans don't book them first.

Don't forget Spatzy that the football fixture list is usually released 6 weeks before the start of the season. 6 weeks before the start of the ice hockey season is about this week so it's not that late really.
I was hoping the fixtures would be out by the end of the month. Though it has gone pretty quiet regarding that now.

Finny said:
Don't forget Spatzy that the football fixture list is usually released 6 weeks before the start of the season. 6 weeks before the start of the ice hockey season is about this week so it's not that late really.
I was hoping the fixtures would be out by the end of the month. Though it has gone pretty quiet regarding that now.
Yeah i supose so, the main thing which i think they should be released early is because of booking flights to belfast. They could be quite cheap, but the closer you get to the start of the season the more expensive they will be.

Gazza272

In fairness to the EIHL for a change i dont think the first week in August is a bad time to release the fixtures. It must be a nightmare to get 4 teams a fixture list they need to basically survive with. especially when the majority of them are governed by the Arenas.

I think I'd be OK about the fixtures coming out this late if they just at least gave us some indication of when they'd be released rather than keep us guessing.

Well the good news for you guys is that your first game of the season definitely wont be away to Belfast :) , the Odyssey is booked out that weekend so we may be coming to the bay.

We have to wait until the 12th of September before we get to see our team play :( .

Also the Giants fixtures this year look to have a few home double headers among them to save teams having to travel over 4 times(not including cups), would Devils fans like a weekend in Belfast?

Chris

Administrator
Apparently our 1st week or is it 2? will be away from here as well due to the big blue tent being booked up, although we will get to see a couple of warmups first...

And I think almost anyone would love a weekend in Belfast :)

Chris.

Chris Stone said:
Apparently our 1st week or is it 2? will be away from here as well due to the big blue tent being booked up, although we will get to see a couple of warmups first...

Chris.
Well from the fixtures I heard, Cardiff are up here for a double header the first weekend then Saturday 12th September, Vipers are down Cardiff. Shame really, NUFC are playing Cardiff City on Sunday the 13th... bloody sky :evil:

viper said:
Chris Stone said:

Chris.
Well from the fixtures I heard, Cardiff are up here for a double header the first weekend then Saturday 12th September, Vipers are down Cardiff. Shame really, NUFC are playing Cardiff City on Sunday the 13th... bloody sky :evil:
where did you hear the fixtures from?

glenngiant said:
Well the good news for you guys is that your first game of the season definitely wont be away to Belfast :) , the Odyssey is booked out that weekend so we may be coming to the bay.
Chris Stone said:
And I've heard that the Caps won't be playing any games until the 19th!

"Vipers Hockey will reveal the opening weekend fixtures tomorrow, while full Elite League fixtures will be out on Monday. Check VipersHockey.co.uk around 10am on Thursday."

From Vipers Hockey facebok page :D

sugra6 said:
"Vipers Hockey will reveal the opening weekend fixtures tomorrow, while full Elite League fixtures will be out on Monday. Check VipersHockey.co.uk around 10am on Thursday."

From Vipers Hockey facebok page :D
surely it would be common sense just to release them all at once?

Chris

Administrator
You'd have thought so, but I suspect that would be too much like common sense.

Unless of course they have another meeting for today/tomorrow, why hold them back till Monday?

Chris.

Chris Stone said:
You'd have thought so, but I suspect that would be too much like common sense.

Unless of course they have another meeting for today/tomorrow, why hold them back till Monday?

Chris.
it is the elite league after all.