New Elite League TV Show

Diafol

That may be so, but if you live in an area that's not covered by a main transmitter then you're lucky to get more than about 10 channels, and sadly Front Runner isn't one.
Luckily for me, I have a dish so I'll be watching on satellite.

JC23

Reserving judgement on whether this is a good step or not until after I've seen it tonight. We shall see...

Finny

So what did we think?

Initial thoughts - well it's better than nothing. And it's only the first week.
But other than that I'm struggling for positives. Although it is on freeview.

The problem with a highlights (+ 1 interview) show is that in this day and age all of that is already available. And has been available for several days.
If the show was a Monday night then fair enough. It would certainly save me having to trawl different youtube channels for everyone's highlights.
But a Thursday night? The games they are showing are already old news and I'm already looking forward to the forthcoming weekend's fixtures.

Overall I get the feeling that the show is just there for the sake of it.

Russky

So what did we think?

Initial thoughts - well it's better than nothing. And it's only the first week.
But other than that I'm struggling for positives. Although it is on freeview.

The problem with a highlights (+ 1 interview) show is that in this day and age all of that is already available. And has been available for several days.
If the show was a Monday night then fair enough. It would certainly save me having to trawl different youtube channels for everyone's highlights.
But a Thursday night? The games they are showing are already old news and I'm already looking forward to the forthcoming weekend's fixtures.

Overall I get the feeling that the show is just there for the sake of it.
I agree a timeslot on a Monday night would be better. Overall I think of all the different quality of the productions of highlights, I think Icetime tv is the best of the lot. It may be a highlights show for its own sake but better than no show at all.

Wannabe2

Well there I was waiting for 6pm to come around, and hoping I was going to be proved wrong, and that you can produce a half decent program for £4-50p. Anyway it started not too bad with the best quality pictures in the league, coming from Cardiff clever move, and then rapidly went to the depths of despair, Panthers pictures were truly horrible, hopefully the cameraman will get a zoom lens for Xmas, much too wide, players like ants, and that horrific screaming like a pig from the commentary so glad they don't do a webcast, why do people have to change their voice when commentating, it's so incredibly false. Fife pretty good camera work, but a tidy camera would help, Clan great move let's have brown shirts with purple numbers on them so no one can see them, so poor. Steelers Steelers Steelers what were those pictures about, your webcast pictures are pretty good, but that format for TV was untrue, your ice pad looks dirty and all those crap colours, dirty greens and not a piece of ice in sight, Now for some positives Dundee Stars superb picture quality, and good camera work, take note others, Caps pictures also pretty good to be fair to them. Commentators taken off the street and put on tv is so unfair, these guys are okay for webcasts, well some are, but overall we're pretty dire. These should definately have been voiced over but again if you pay peanuts. Tonight's performance was a perfect example of playing with Television. So sorry to put a downer on this tripe, but thinking about it they didn't need any help in making the contestants on the apprentice look like pure class in comparison. The only saving grace again was Seth Bennett,

Last edited:

Russky

Wannabe2, with your technical knowledge you should be acting as a consultant to the League as to how it should be done, Icetime tv apart, they are truly miles ahead of the rest.