New Devils Jerseys

Samael

Anyway, I'm at the STH event - missed the start...

Saw red and black/grey jerseys on players during training. From distance red looked like our CHL one last year whilst black has a retro feel with red and white numbers

Not sure if there was a reveal pre-training but nothing on display in bar or in shop....

Prices this year:
Adult - Blank Replica £68
£78 for a player name number replica
£85 for a custom name and number
Kids replicas £50
Cheers, pricing isn't bad. I was expecting the blanks to start at around £80. If they look as bland as the chl Jersey's though that is a real shame.

Swarley

Cheers, pricing isn't bad. I was expecting the blanks to start at around £80. If they look as bland as the chl Jersey's though that is a real shame.
My only gripe with pricing is the custom name and number being more expensive, its literally one layer edit in photoshop but I guess they gotta make extra money somehow

I also missed the start of the sth event but from a distance it looked like there was a very faint outline of a Welsh dragon on the back (not sure about the front). It was very faint so I am wondering if my eyes were deceiving me - I think it will be even clearer on the white shirt with grey detail. Could anyone else see it? Wondering if I’ve read this thread and seen something that isn’t there!

Kevlar68

Hmmm, yeah you need the patterns to be bold and pop really.
Will still hold judgement until i see it.
Also says on shop website Merch lands 8pm Tuesday 16th. So lets see if they go live on the shop website.

kingmo19.1

Apologies, I should have said 18 not 16.
I am calm dad. You can't reason with stupid and ignorant though so it gets blocked.

I genuinely am glad this has provided some people with a laugh though, it's been a boring day for me.
Right, that’s it! Get to bed right now! And you make sure you complete your GCSE Maths homework tomorrow - the re-sit is coming up in November and it would break mine and your mothers heart if you got another E grade!

Samael

Hmmm, yeah you need the patterns to be bold and pop really.
Will still hold judgement until i see it.
Just like the red Merv Priest picture from the superleague years l posted earlier in this thread, that pops.

Like you Kev, I'm reserving judgement until l actually see it, if people who are at the open training night can't make out the design though from the stands that in its self is not a good sign and suggests this year's design is a weak one.

Hopefully the new social media guy who a few people seem to think is the second coming of christ posts something on the website soon.

Samael

Yeah they are on the website now in the shop. Think I'll get a hoodie instead this year. These designs are pretty bland imo and too samey to what we had last year.

From what I've been told they have no spare jerseys to display hopefully they'll have a large stock order incoming and will have the sth jersey at least on show even if its just a picture.
No jerseys to look at in the shop or bar, no samples at all……thanks to Katrina for showing me the white jersey on her phone whilst in the queue to order! Shop was taking plenty of orders being taken including mine so hope I get what I wanted and it fits!!

Devil94

All 3 are nice to be fair. I like that the main sponsor blends in more to the jersey than last year. I prefer the location of the green over last year. The writing on the back is more CHL style, and I like the CHL jerseys so thats another plus for me. And not only is the dragon much bigger than I thought on both sides of the jersey but it also says the word dragon on the front ;). White and black look very good to me too, happy days. Now the only thing left to wait for is the hockey itself.

Last edited:

Devils86

Thread starter #236
The STH event was OK - good to chat with the players after training and the interviews with them on the ice by Kelman.

But unless there was something I missed before the training started then the jersey side of stuff was a complete bust.

Couldn't see anything on the ice in terms of detail - understandably. Nothing in bar on a hangar even, or a manikin...nothing in the shop

Jersey reveal happened at 8 on the shop website. Let's just say I'm glad I went for the training event and to see friends/players.

No details of the STH jersey.

On the jersey itself: it's odd that I'm taken by the white jersey only. Usually I don't like the white one. Think it's that the dragon is clearly visible on the white - bit more POP. Whereas on the black and red I can tell something is there but not exactly clear - I keep seeing a chicken rather than a dragon! One thing that jumps at me is the colour of the shoulders - green on the white would take it to the next level; red on the black likewise. Noted the change in colour on the sponsors logos to make them blend better on the red and black.

Think it will be one of those ones that grow on me once I see it in person.

Still end up with one of each colour FFS!

But all that aside - really got the bug back now - looking forward to the season starting up again!

Last edited:

Samael

Yes the white one is definitely the most distinctive it's just too busy with the chicken wings/leg design and all sponsors logos up the wazzoo. I'm dubbing this the kfc jersey l think, it's about as stylish as the infamous strawberry one.

Kevlar68

I love my jerseys, I've lost count now of how many I've got BUT I won't be adding this one to collection I'm afraid.
I'm not a fan of the low number position on arm and it's pretty boring, plain and dare I say it cheap looking.
Maybe in the flesh it looks different but the pics aren't grabbing me. Sorry folks.

august04 2.0

You couldn’t make out the dragon silhouette on the red or black shirts from the stands. Having just seen the white jersey for the first time, my first impression is that it would have been a far nicer shirt without the grey silhouette. I don’t like that one at all, regardless of whether it’s a dragon or not. Best ever shirts? Nah, not by a country mile. I wish we’d get back to the simpler designs like the 2014-15 shirts. That was a classic. One positive, at least we haven’t ruined the red/black shirts with a bloody great big white patch for the sponsors logo. That’s been blended in nicely this year.

Last edited: