New Devils Jerseys

moggy#9

The building is totally anonymous without any identification mark.

The logo illuminated in red (I’m getting a bit carried away now) would look absolutely awesome and identify the building as the home of the Devils.
I would imagine, now that things are closer to normality with covid, we'd be looking to get a new building sponsor. If that were to happen the signage would need to be replaced anyway.

On a different, but related topic, are we likely to have the same headline sponsor again?

Kevlar68

Come on, they didn't even get the changing led lights sorted let alone our logos. Even the bar unit doesn't work anymore. Poor maintenance from whoever is responsible which comes over as lazy.
Bad business management skills.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Come on, they didn't even get the changing led lights sorted let alone our logos. Even the bar unit doesn't work anymore. Poor maintenance from whoever is responsible which comes over as lazy.
Bad business management skills.
When money is tight, maintenance is invariably one off the first things to suffer. The problem is that the costs are then simply deferred to the future. I suppose however that if it's a choice between keeping the lights on/ice plant running, and some decorative stuff, the choice is obvious.

I certainly wouldn't criticise anyone who has to make hard choices.

Kevlar68

The problem is unless you look after your property and business the revenue will drop.
I've seen businesses run and run then from being packed out to empty just because of the drop in standards thinking "we're so busy we don't need to change, update or maintane."
I'm not including Devils. Org in this.
Even when a bar leaves out of date advertising posters in displays I see that as poor management.

Last edited:

OJLloyd

The nicest one l've seen in recent years was the limited edition 30th. The one with the modern crest on the front and the Lawless era one on the shoulders. That would have sold out quick if it went on general release especially as the wordmark jersies that said cardiff or devils on the front that were the main ones on sale to the public were meh at best. Now the club have moved away from the heavier embroidered Jersey l hope to see more use of the 80s logo if they are the thinner screen printed style we also had back then.
Were you not a fan of the word mark jerseys? My black “Cardiff” one is my absolute favourite of all I own.

Samael

Were you not a fan of the word mark jerseys? My black “Cardiff” one is my absolute favourite of all I own.
I wasn't OJ. I've never liked the Rangers Pittsburg or Colorado ones either, they just look plain boring. I bet you like the black Nj Devils one that just says Jersey on it. I honestly thought that was a piss take until l saw them on the ice wearing it! Each to their own though, taste is subjective, some fans won't wear any sort of Jersey.

I much prefer a team logo/crest than a wordmark though, wordmarks are a bit lazy to me and lack imagination. I liked what the club were doing in the 90s with the experimentation of a secondary shoulder logo, the 10th anniversary shield and pitchforks, or the stylized three feathers. While the modern ones have been better in terms of quality of material the designs have been lacklustre in my opinion. I stopped buying jerseys years ago due to them being covered in sponsorship. I'm ok with one headline sponsor but when it's a patchwork quilt of local business, no thanks. The 'clean' one we had for the covid season that never was with zero sponsors is the first I've bought in about 15 years, l think, and l love it. It makes me sad that the Nhl will be ruining their jerseys with increasing sponsor badges over the next few years, but you can't argue with the money it will bring in for the league. Adidas probably won't be happy though as their sales will likely fall.

Gazr76

I just prefer stitched/embroidered jersey's compared to screen print. I get that there are benefits to screen print, they cost less, some players prefer them as they lighter. It would be amazing if the Devils wore something similar to the Adidas NHL primegreen or Adizero jerseys. These are still fully embroidered jerseys but are also super lightweight. The organisation would still make a tonne of money as Devils fans always pay top dollar for them.

Gazr76

The nicest one l've seen in recent years was the limited edition 30th. The one with the modern crest on the front and the Lawless era one on the shoulders. That would have sold out quick if it went on general release especially as the wordmark jersies that said cardiff or devils on the front that were the main ones on sale to the public were meh at best. Now the club have moved away from the heavier embroidered Jersey l hope to see more use of the 80s logo if they are the thinner screen printed style we also had back then.
Agreed. I have Asselin's game worn Limited edition and Louis 'Cardiff' away game worn from this season They are two of my favorite jerseys.

Samael

I just prefer stitched/embroidered jersey's compared to screen print. I get that there are benefits to screen print, they cost less, some players prefer them as they lighter. It would be amazing if the Devils wore something similar to the Adidas NHL primegreen or Adizero jerseys. These are still fully embroidered jerseys but are also super lightweight. The organisation would still make a tonne of money as Devils fans always pay top dollar for them.
I prefer embroidered too, they are thicker and warmer but it's harder to do smaller intricate designs that look good when it's embroidered whereas on screenprint you can. l hope we'll get more imagination in the designs going forward as the club have moved away from embroidery to printed jerseys. The adidas ones are excellent in terms of stitching quality on the team logos, although l don't like their sizing. 52 is too tight and 54 drowns me, so until they sort that out l don't want them supplying kit to UK teams because l'm not giving up beer to fit into an Adidas 52 lol
The Reebok and fanatics ones fit me better but are significantly lower quality.

Kevlar68

Not being funny here in any way but I can't see a printed shirt being anymore performance enhancing than an embroided one, the weight difference isn't that major.
Definitely a cost gain decision.
I much prefer embroided.

moggy#9

The thing about Jersey designs is that they have to be bold or have a clear theme. All to often something can look nice on paper, but is a disaster when it's produced - strawberries anyone? I certainly like a proper logo, as words just seem lazy. For my money, my favourite devils Jersey is the 1993 (I think) red away shirt with flames around the bottom. Lots of sponsors logos is, I suppose, a necessary evil, but not as bad as what they do to the ice at Sheffield.

Samael

Not being funny here in any way but I can't see a printed shirt being anymore performance enhancing than an embroided one, the weight difference isn't that major.
Definitely a cost gain decision.
I much prefer embroided.
I think it's more to do with breathability than weight. The older thicker ones you would cook in. The thinner screen printed ones have more breathability and are cooler to wear. Why do you think Adidas make a big thing about the sweat wicking technology of the adizero and prime green kit. The players are running hot.

The printed ones are definitely cheaper to produce (although jersey prices last year didn't exactly fall did they) but l can see why some players would prefer them. From a fans perspective though yes embroidered are the preferred choice.

Samael

The thing about Jersey designs is that they have to be bold or have a clear theme. All to often something can look nice on paper, but is a disaster when it's produced - strawberries anyone? I certainly like a proper logo, as words just seem lazy. For my money, my favourite devils Jersey is the 1993 (I think) red away shirt with flames around the bottom. Lots of sponsors logos is, I suppose, a necessary evil, but not as bad as what they do to the ice at Sheffield.
That strawberries devils head one is a prime example of over design. Probably done on ms paint by a teenager lol But yes it was awful.

Samael

What the players in the Nhl wear is not what is sold to the public either. That stopped with Reebok. While the quality of adidas jerseys is good, what we get is not what is worn by the professionals. Just because a flimsy fight strap is sewn into them don't kid yourself into thinking it's what McDavid is wearing.

Samael

NHL confirmed the other day that Adidas won’t be continuing after the 23-24 season.
Good. Their stuff doesn't fit me properly and it's overpriced even though it's good quality. Wonder who they'll use going forward for the players. Hope it's not just fanatics that will be available for fans as their crests are rubbish and look like cheap knock offs which is essentially what they are.