New Assistant Coach

jenks33

That announcement killed the Devils site. Anyone know the actual information?
Like you I haven’t been able to read the article yet. It’s Christian Horn and it looks like he played with Dupont in Norfolk.
The timing is interesting. Obviously it might confirm this in the article but was he always coming to us or has Dupont realised after a few weeks that he needs a bit of support

The_Stick_

Thread starter #6
Franny is unable to go to certain away games. Franny will still be on the bench for 95% of Home games and will also go to some away games too. It also allows for another perspective on the coaching side of things bringing in Horn

Diablo3

Not a big guy but has plenty of experience. 29 years old, to me that shouts player assistant so Franny gets more time off

Devil94

I know Franny last year was working his other job from home and so was more flexible in going to training in the week. Maybe that situation has changed.

But whatever it is, when you look at the back room staff Belfast and Sheffield have compared to us with only Dupont and Franny part time, it's understandable if the organisation thought we needed someone else. Even Fife have got a full time assistant in Hutchins.

jenks33

Injury cover is a possibility but I can’t see him being a full time player-assistant coach. He hasn’t played much hockey in the last couple of years. I think he will just be on the bench, similar to Sheffield’s young assistant coach.

Kevlar68

He last played 20/21 season so may not be at playing level, maybe injury retired him so coaching is next step and can't get kitted up.
That's just a guess as didn't play last season at his age.

Diablo3

He last played 20/21 season so may not be at playing level, maybe injury retired him so coaching is next step and can't get kitted up.
That's just a guess as didn't play last season at his age.
He's playing the bench, and from the report it looks like he was always supposed to. Just a delay on paperwork kept Franny on. Lets hope that the new backroom staff get our guys firing on all cylinders. Oh and Franny gets some time back to enjoy himself

kingmo19.1

Bloody hell, what a load of spin! If truth be told, Horn arrived in Cardiff 5 week ago, went for a stroll up in the Gantry, got lost and it’s taken an extensive search party 5 weeks to track him down! That’ll teach him for wandering up there and going through door number 4 !!!!!