My wallet's to small for my cash and my diamond shoes pinch!

Chris

Administrator
Because it's too much hassle, and it's fun to watch people agree and disagree with different accounts on the same issue, or watch them thank themselves for doing something, or leap to their own defence.

Without changing the forum rules, it's not going to force people to register with a name linked to their actual name, the Steeldogs forum (Crossed swords or something?) tried that along with getting real names off every account before they were allowed to register, and with the problems we've had previously it doesn't seem such a great or smart idea.

Plus we've probably missed the opportunity to do it now, it's been discussed before and we just never got around to doing it, now there's 25/50% more members there's even less chance it's going to happen.

Chris.

Finny

Fair point, and although it is sometimes funny watching themselves go back and forth it's also rather annoying at times.

Let me clear up once and for all the non-contact hockey was meant as a joke.

The rivalry between the Steelers and Devils will never be the same again in my opinion.

As far as Finny's coment on rumours are concerned "don't burn the messenger" I say but then thats what has been the norm in the past eg WNIR ownership, BP, KF Concept etc etc.

If there is a genuine interest in testing fans opinion on the events of this last week then do it.

I'll even use my company expertise in analysing the results for you as I have on previous Devils surveys.

OJ

Kipper

Chris said:
Because it's too much hassle, and it's fun to watch people agree and disagree with different accounts on the same issue, or watch them thank themselves for doing something, or leap to their own defence.
Chris.
Oh please name names that would be sooooo funny

Thread starter #25
gandl said:
Devils advocate said:
Is there anything on here that people WON'T complain about...

Record Breaking Winning streak, financial stability pretty much there, fan numbers up, new website, best team in the league.....how do things compare to ANY time over the last 2 years? 5 years? 10 YEARS

And still people will complain about everything...our boss is too rich, our boss doesn't give us the money, our boss wants sheffield to win, our boss wants us to win, games being off, games being on, face off times too early, face off times too late, too many fixtures, too long between fixtures....I could go on....

When nothing was said by Paul Ragan about the Sheff situation; people whinged; when he then talked at the first opportunity (around 24 hours after the deal went through? possibly less?) to as many people as possible at the game, people then complain that they don't believe him. Talk about not being able to win!!!

I know this is a public forum and we are are all entitled to an opinion, but there are plenty on here who seems toONLY complain about everything....

Can we have some positivity??? Maybe?

Merry Christmas...

DA
I absolutely love the fact that you have started a thread basically moaning and complaining that people are moaning and complaining lol! Oh the irony! An absolute classic!

Merry Christmas all!!
Merry Christmas to you all too....I think my point has been missed....I shall withdraw.

DevilDom

Finny said:
Lots of rumours circulating at the moment. Some are good, some are bad. Some would explain the seemingly anti-devils management posts that have made an increase on this forum in the last couple of weeks......
I don't think its ant-management to criticise or question things you don't agree with. I think the management have done lots and lots of good things especially since Paul Ragan came on board. It does not however mean that I am blinkered into thinking they can do no wrong or some things couldn't be done better. There is a distinct difference.

A

Anonymous

Can't see anyone who has complained about the winning streak, the financial state of the club, increased crowds,or being the best team in the league. The only correct part of your first point is complaints about the website ( justified imo) So 4 of your 5 points are incorrect.
I would hazard a guess that DA is stating that people are still moaning despite all the above positives !!

Is there anything on here that people WON'T complain about...
To answer your question ..... No.

Wannabe2

The rivalry between the Steelers and Devils will never be the same again in my opinion.

Thats an age thing my friend, nothing is as good as it was, footballers aint as good, yet wouldnt live with todays athletes, Athletes aint as good, yet are running faster than ever. If you can take a step backwards, chill out and relax, Steelers games v Devils games can be every way as enjoyable. The only difference i can see is that in the old gaff, at least you could see whats happening, as opposed to the BBT. Myself i enjoy the hockey today as much as ever, thank god, and match night is every way as enjoyable, but hey ho maybe i am easily pleased. But one thing i will say as a older statesman, when i see the Devils play i am 18yrs of age, and by god thats a great feeling, and may it long continue. Hockey night in Cardiff is still the best option around bar none, and seeing that Bob The **** is now a thing of the past, maybe you should just try venturing down to see the best team in the league live, you never know you just might enjoy it, and realise what all the fuss is about.After all 1500-2000 people cant all be wrong surely.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

A

Anonymous

But one thing i will say as a older statesman, when i see the Devils play i am 18yrs of age, and by god thats a great feeling, and may it long continue. Hockey night in Cardiff is still the best option around bar none
Great view and one I share, along with your passion for the club and sport in general. One thing that does concern me though, thats twice you have used the word **** and got away with it. I used it once only days ago and it was deleted? Oh well .... :D

Wannabe2

Sorry i apologise for that, but i gotta sneaky feeling the Mods have better things to do on Xmas day than to monitor sad people like me.

A

Anonymous

No need to apologise old bean. Anyway I have to go fix the front door **** as it is broken.

Final warning, next time you try to break the very limited rules we have here, or go out of your way to wind up one of the mods you're banned.

A

Anonymous

Now I know how Vother feels ! :lol:

(This is a joke, in no way is this comment aimed at insulting or aggravating anyone in anyway)

Signed TheDevilVoth, err I mean Torn.

ASHIPP

the rivalry between the Steelers and Devils will never be the same again
For what it's worth, I think the rivalry will be even MORE intense now.

The fact that our Club's owner now owns the Steelers won't make the fans like that team any the more. And the teams are full professional sportsmen - surely there will be even more motivation for them to go out and play to win. PR has made his intentions clear that the coaches will be responsible for all on-ice activity - i.e. recruitment, handling the league rulings etc.
I just can't see any 'behind the scenes' machinations going on to contrive both teams getting to the CC final or playoffs.......or changing their style of play to be fair when they play eachother. None of this happens with Nottingham/Braehead or Coventry/Hull who are in a similar ownership position.