My wallet's to small for my cash and my diamond shoes pinch!

Thread starter #1
Is there anything on here that people WON'T complain about...

Record Breaking Winning streak, financial stability pretty much there, fan numbers up, new website, best team in the league.....how do things compare to ANY time over the last 2 years? 5 years? 10 YEARS

And still people will complain about everything...our boss is too rich, our boss doesn't give us the money, our boss wants sheffield to win, our boss wants us to win, games being off, games being on, face off times too early, face off times too late, too many fixtures, too long between fixtures....I could go on....

When nothing was said by Paul Ragan about the Sheff situation; people whinged; when he then talked at the first opportunity (around 24 hours after the deal went through? possibly less?) to as many people as possible at the game, people then complain that they don't believe him. Talk about not being able to win!!!

I know this is a public forum and we are are all entitled to an opinion, but there are plenty on here who seems toONLY complain about everything....

Can we have some positivity??? Maybe?

Merry Christmas...

DA

Time will tell whether the optimists or pessimists are correct.

The independent status of The Inferno is a highly cherished and much envied by other clubs.

As an outsider I can understand how fans have reservations about the events of the last few days.

Friends, who had to put up with my Devils rantings for all those years have been asking me how come that the owner of the Devils buys their arch rivals the Steelers.

I cannot answer them unless the rumour I heard is true that all future games between stablemates will be played as non-contact challenge games.

Devils v Steelers rivalry RIP

OJ

Nott Simpson said:
I cannot answer them unless the rumour I heard is true that all future games between stablemates will be played as non-contact challenge games.

OJ
haha probably the biggest load of tosh I have ever read, the most stupid and untrue rumour ever

osh

Devils Advocate, if you are going to post, perhaps you need to be just a liitle bit more accurate.

Can't see anyone who has complained about the winning streak, the financial state of the club, increased crowds,or being the best team in the league. The only correct part of your first point is complaints about the website ( justified imo) So 4 of your 5 points are incorrect.

There is nothing wrong with wanting the best for your team, if that comes with constructive criticism, then thats acceptable. We have nearly a thousand forum members, its a shame that you let a very few posts that you disagree with get to you so easily.

Chris

Administrator
haha probably the biggest load of tosh I have ever read, the most stupid and untrue rumour ever
Sigh.
I know this is a public forum and we are are all entitled to an opinion, but there are plenty on here who seems toONLY complain about everything....

Then post something positive?

Someone else has already taken it upon themselves to post about the winning streak, I doubt that gave them too much hassle, unless this forum has some bizarre 'hard' settings for other posters...

If people don't like the way the club is doing something, then they're free to post it on here, whether you like it or not, just like if people like the way the club is doing something then they're free to post it here.

Chris.

Wannabe2

Nott Simpson said:
Time will tell whether the optimists or pessimists are correct.

The independent status of The Inferno is a highly cherished and much envied by other clubs.

As an outsider I can understand how fans have reservations about the events of the last few days.

Friends, who had to put up with my Devils rantings for all those years have been asking me how come that the owner of the Devils buys their arch rivals the Steelers.

OJ
Thats a really strange post, and something i would have expected a little more positivity from you mate, being your history with the past imposter. Things have moved on maybe we should follow the trend

Chris said:
Sigh.
So you believe that Gerad Adams and Ben Simon will send their teams out to play non contact hockey next time we play? If you do believe that, I know a Nigerian prince looking to transfer his fortune to the UK. If you want to get involved pm me your bank details.

Chris

Administrator
Ah yes, because I clearly said I believed it. If you could find the quote for me, i'd be ever so grateful.

Oh wait, you can't.

Chris.

If the sigh wasn't down to you disagreeing, what was the problem with the statement? Your elaborate response didn't give many clues.

If you could point out where I said that you did believe and not ask if you do, I'd be ever so grateful.

Oh wait, you can't.

Paul

Chris

Administrator
So you believe that Gerad Adams and Ben Simon will send their teams out to play non contact hockey next time we play?
Ah yes, I forgot that was such a genuine question with the next part of what you said...
If the sigh wasn't down to you disagreeing, what was the problem with the statement? Your elaborate response didn't give many clues.
Because as much as I dislike this repeat of what Bob did to us, I don't for one minute believe either team have coaches or players who will allow what OJ has suggested to happen.

Chris.

TheStub

Ladies, please. This is getting silly. You are both right, move along, believe what you want and see who took the right outlook.

Just agree to disagree.

It's Christmas tomorrow. I'm hoping that the present we all get is security.

Finny

Nott Simpson said:
I hope that rumour hasn't come from the same place as the one that claimed the Devils had been sold with hands shaken etc........ :roll:
So excuse me if I don't believe a word you say until I see that announcement from the club. Which would then mean they don't have the same owner and so the second rumour is irrelevant anyway? Although we wouldn't have been in the same league anyway would we?

Lots of rumours circulating at the moment. Some are good, some are bad. Some would explain the seemingly anti-devils management posts that have made an increase on this forum in the last couple of weeks......

Chris

Administrator
Lots of rumours circulating at the moment. Some are good, some are bad. Some would explain the seemingly anti-devils management posts that have made an increase on this forum in the last couple of weeks......
Posts criticising the management, or more specifically the website would explain the sudden resurgence of user accounts linked to the club as well.

Swings and roundabouts, but it's almost ridiculous how many accounts on this forum are related to others, for or against whatever the issue of the moment is.

Chris.

Devils advocate said:
Is there anything on here that people WON'T complain about...

Record Breaking Winning streak, financial stability pretty much there, fan numbers up, new website, best team in the league.....how do things compare to ANY time over the last 2 years? 5 years? 10 YEARS

And still people will complain about everything...our boss is too rich, our boss doesn't give us the money, our boss wants sheffield to win, our boss wants us to win, games being off, games being on, face off times too early, face off times too late, too many fixtures, too long between fixtures....I could go on....

When nothing was said by Paul Ragan about the Sheff situation; people whinged; when he then talked at the first opportunity (around 24 hours after the deal went through? possibly less?) to as many people as possible at the game, people then complain that they don't believe him. Talk about not being able to win!!!

Merry Christmas...

DA
I absolutely love the fact that you have started a thread basically moaning and complaining that people are moaning and complaining lol! Oh the irony! An absolute classic!

Merry Christmas all!!