My Turn - the premiere

Discussion in 'Cardiff Devils & EIHL chat' started by Paul Sullivan, Jun 13, 2018 at 12:36 PM.

1. Paul Sullivan

Paul Sullivan Well-Known Member

Not strictly Devils hockey but I hope the Mods don't mind this being posted here.

The Devils are proudly hosting the UK Premiere of the documentary film made about Scott Matzka, and his 'My Turn' campaign. A significant amount of shooting took place over the few days of the Matchka events, so Cardiff features heavily (as you can see from the trailer in the article below).

Please, if you can, come along for this on July 20th. Catie, Scott's wife will be there, and whilst I can't promise a dust-free evening, from the footage I have so far seen, you won't want to miss this.

FULL INFO HERE

Bazza, Gaz G, zoesdevil and 2 others like this.
  2. Gaz G

Gaz G Well-Known Member

My partner and I won't be able to attend but I'd still like to offer a donation of the cost of our tickets or something. Is there any way this could be done?

For me this is more important than any game the Devil's play so fingers crossed for a sell out.

Paul Sullivan likes this.
  3. Have Hope#35

Have Hope#35 Well-Known Member

Gaz G and Paul Sullivan like this.
  4. Paul Sullivan

Thanks Gaz, that's very generous. Also, thanks to the Mods for pinning, that's very much appreciated.

Spoke to Franny earlier and Catie and Scott are so totally pumped for this, and Catie can't wait to see her Cardiff friends again. We know the Red Army will do Scotty proud once again, thanks all.

5. BostonBart22

BostonBart22 Active Member

Just a thought why are tickets only available on line, A lot of people may not have facilities or may not want to buy tickets online for certain reasons, could make more money on the day of the event, a walk up price of say 12.00 cash only...thoughts anyone..?

6. JC23

JC23 Active Member

I definitely think we’re gonna have a VERY dusty rink.

Paul Sullivan and rocketbob like this.
  7. Paul Sullivan

Not everyone is online, that's true and is a very good point. The premiere is mostly being promoted online though, so that is the target market. We are hoping that word of mouth will also spread the news to our offline friends. I'll be honest, I don't know what on the door options will be in place, but I'm hopeful we won't turn away anyone who has cash in hand and hasn't bought online :)

8. pjj365

pjj365 Active Member

It always bugs me that no consideration is given to those fans who are not on-line

In this case even if you are on-line but not on Twitter or FB then you will know about this only from monitoring the Devils website which may not be that frequent during the off season

This is too important to restrict the audience (which may extend beyond the hockey fraternity) so I would go one step further and get some sort of off-line publicity (local press, radio, TV) with, as you say, cash purchase possible

9. bozman

bozman Member

I am away that week will there be other chances to see it ?

10. Paul Sullivan

Sorry you will miss this Boz. At present we only have plans for this showing, but that could change. I don't know what the distribution / licensing situation is regarding DVD / Blu-ray availability, but if either of those additional routes are a possibility then I know Franny, Corky and I would love to spread the message as widely as possible for the Matzkas.

11. Wagstaff

Wagstaff Active Member

Once it has premiered and done whatever rounds it needs to, maybe Icetime TV could arrange something with the Matzkas and offer a pay per view which you could advertise through the Devils media etc?