Mega Monday - Season Ticket Holders Event

Devil_Abroad

I think it's ok for people to be disappointed as the hype could have pointed to a marquee signing on top of all the others and of course the shirt retirement.

However I agree that we need to remember the years of struggle and how amazing it is that we're disappointed to hear we've kept such calibre players.

The organisation want to whip up interest so I don't begrudge them #megaMonday

I'm sure there will be great signings ahead and another amazing team to follow

Am I worried at the moment? Yes and no. I see the quality being signed elsewhere and the increasing standard of the league which is great. But i fully believe Todd and the owners want success and will be going all out to bring in the right mix of players to challenge again.

We shouldn't be like Utd thinking it's our right to be successful and the best - I'm thankful there's still a team that will be out challenging with a chance to win every night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finny

Perhaps the club need to take a bit of responsibility for overhyping #MegaMonday - but we do historically have a habit of fans overhyping things too. We'll get it again in the coming weeks when fans start rumours that we are signing an exNHL/AHL or a 7ft animal with 1000 PIMs.

The fact is that we announced three player returning (plus confirmation of Doucet and Fournier?). One new player. One Testimonial game and one shirt retirement game.

That's not a normal Monday. Hopefully over the season Todd can get a fans focus group going so they can decide what an appropriate adjective would be in future.

august04

Finny said:
Perhaps the club need to take a bit of responsibility for overhyping #MegaMonday - but we do historically have a habit of fans overhyping things too. We'll get it again in the coming weeks when fans start rumours that we are signing an exNHL/AHL or a 7ft animal with 1000 PIMs.

The fact is that we announced three player returning (plus confirmation of Doucet and Fournier?). One new player. One Testimonial game and one shirt retirement game.

That's not a normal Monday. Hopefully over the season Todd can get a fans focus group going so they can decide what an appropriate adjective would be in future.
Doucet and Fournier were confirmed in Lord's interview last week, so no new updates there for last night. We announced two solid returnees, a new back up goalie and a 4th liner (at best). Announcements about a testimonial and a shirt retirement are welcome but certainly don't live up to the billing given for the night. It might not have been a normal Monday but the hype surrounding Mega Monday was absolutely ridiculous given what was delivered. Let's be honest here Finny. You don't need a focus group to understand that it certainly wasn't mega. I hope the club don't start taking the fan base for fools.

Have Hope#35

Lets put this in perspective... We were one massive signing away from everyone walking out of there happy, and if it fell through at the last minute then that's unfortunate! The most disappointing thing for me was the heat in the Bar and the amount of people working behind it!

jayemm

What a disappointment. Not about the things that were announced; all the returnees were welcome news; the Voth night and Ritchie testimonial great calendar additions. But the hype. What was that all about?

I travelled about 10 minutes from home, met up with some friends and had a beer (which I needed because of sub-tropical heat exhaustion after waiting in line for 15 minutes).

Others I met had come many more miles and had set aside time especially for the event.

It's the first time the new-era Devils has treated fans like canon-fodder. Let's hope it's the last. They need to understand that many STHs will think twice before going to any future Club event in case it's been over-hyped.

Fool me once, your mistake; Fool me twice, my mistake. Not going to happen!

matbur

jayemm said:
What a disappointment. Not about the things that were announced; all the returnees were welcome news; the Voth night and Ritchie testimonial great calendar additions. But the hype. What was that all about?

I travelled about 10 minutes from home, met up with some friends and had a beer (which I needed because of sub-tropical heat exhaustion after waiting in line for 15 minutes).

Others I met had come many more miles and had set aside time especially for the event.

It's the first time the new-era Devils has treated fans like canon-fodder. Let's hope it's the last. They need to understand that many STHs will think twice before going to any future Club event in case it's been over-hyped.

I'm not a ST holder and was gutted that I couldn't go but it doesn't seem like I missed much at all. I think the sediment in above post is pretty fair.

I'm really passionate about the Devils and hockey and am a 'new-era' fan as the above post puts it, but I hope this sort of hype doesn't become a reoccurring problem. Reading between the lines, it does sound to me like that they had anticipated announcing a more significant signing and possibly a first-look at the new jersey too.

Last season was my first as a Devils fan and I really get the feel that the club/organisation do look out for their fans, let's hope they do another event closer to the start of the season which is a bit more successful.

Bit annoyed with IAW as staffing levels were inadequate again according to a few posts. I hope the Devils are able to have dialogue with the IAW about this sort of thing.

zoesdevil

jayemm said:

Well I won't be going to anymore as I came up from Carmarthen, yes I as pleased with the announcements, but was expecting one MEGA signing! I will live & learn.

Electro

It's blatantly obvious that the club lack experience regarding PR. With the history of poor management, poor value for money, nobody could argue the BBT was pleasant, comfy. The sight lines crap, the seating poor, the sound, the toilets, cramped etc etc etc.

The club needs to employ, train or invest in getting the off ice experience better. There will always be a few die hards that have made the Devils a large part of their lives, afterall they kept the BBT going or rather they kept going to the BBT.

Going forward the club needs to start treating its STH to a bit more respect, it wouldn't hurt, hell it may even encourage more to part with their cash.

Last night we were below a beer league club, you couldn't even arrange the venue so that getting a a beer was easy.

If in future may l suggest should a mega signing pull out at last minute, in a venue hot enough to be uncomfortable the least you could do is offer complimentary drinks on arrival, then apologise for the unfortunate beyond your control circumstances.

Devil_Abroad

Sorry, did I miss an official communication to confirm the Mega Monday was all about a huge signing that pulled out at the last minute? Who was it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jenks33

No doubt Steve King will read these posts and I'd like to think he will give Todd a small rap over the knuckles for last night. The whole thing was very amateur from start to finish. And being professional is something I'm sure the whole ownership group have prided themselves on from day one.
Like somebody said, if they had to pull the plug on a big announcement last minute then just come out and say so.
In my opinion Todd needs to tread carefully in future if he wants to continue gaining peoples respect. The BBQ was a joke last year and last nights event was a bit embarrassing. He's such a personable guy that everybody likes, he doesn't want to start getting a negative reputation

drainage

jenks33 said:
No doubt Steve King will read these posts and I'd like to think he will give Todd a small rap over the knuckles for last night. The whole thing was very amateur from start to finish. And being professional is something I'm sure the whole ownership group have prided themselves on from day one.
Like somebody said, if they had to pull the plug on a big announcement last minute then just come out and say so.
In my opinion Todd needs to tread carefully in future if he wants to continue gaining peoples respect. The BBQ was a joke last year and last nights event was a bit embarrassing. He's such a personable guy that everybody likes, he doesn't want to start getting a negative reputation
Fairly sure the last 2 years will far outweigh last night and equally sure Steve is more than happy with Todd's tenure to date. Whilst the hype was maybe a tad over the top let's not forget the signings we did get , rude to dismiss them as "meh whatever" news

I am sure we all have views but think a step back think and then add bit of constructive feedback would be better than some of the comments tweets etc

Todd has no need to tread carefully he's doing a great job .....should he listen to feedback yes and am sure he will

ASHIPP

Devil_Abroad said:
Rabbitohs4 said:
Is this the deal that fell through?
who?

In the photo attachment in original post think it's Jeff Szwez when he was at the Giants.

A great player but I recall left the Giants before the end of the season to play in Europe. He has a German passport - that is where he has been playing.

matbur

Well it's done and dusted now, hopefully the organisation can move forward from this, listen to the constructive feedback and presumably implement some positive fan-friendly changes for the next such event - which I guess will before the start of the season.

pjj365

Todd seems to a perenial optimist which coupled with his energy and his enthusiam can lead to over promising Not everyone works as hard as him and I am sure he feels let down because of this on occasions and this leads to our disappointment.

He has also being doing all customer relations - an impossible task

Things should change now there is a CRM on board and in Katrina this is combined with a voice of a long time fan. Let's stop moaning and support the change going forward

ASHIPP said:
Devil_Abroad said:
Rabbitohs4 said:
Is this the deal that fell through?
who?

In the photo attachment in original post think it's Jeff Szwez when he was at the Giants.

A great player but I recall left the Giants before the end of the season to play in Europe. He has a German passport - that is where he has been playing.
Would have loved him about 6 seasons ago!!