McMorrow

Gaz G

I think he's awesome to be fair. Just look at the bums on seats he has put in Belfast. The league needs more characters like him.
I'm sure he knows he isn't great on the ice but does his job very well and also brings a sense of fun to the game. Anyone ever see Payette have a laugh and a joke with our supporters, kids after the game?
Got time for him myself. Sorry haha.
Gaz

Kipper

McMorrow knows his role and does it exceptionally well. I think he is great for a league which is pretty short of interesting characters this season.

McMorrow probably puts more bums on seats in Belfast than any other individual player so I don't see how he can be a waste of an import slot.

The quality of hockey isn't good enough to rely on skill alone to bring in the fans. People don't go and watch league 2 football for the slick passing and movement. They go because they have passion/loyalty for their local club etc.

As a minority sport, UK hockey can't rely on a lot of people having passion from the game so it needs something extra to bring people in. McMorrow does plays that role for Bellfast through his game and community work.

Besides, Belfast has so many skill players, if they can't win with what they have, they won't win with one more.

Finny

I would say he is the #1 reason for the increasing crowds in Belfast this season.

However, in terms of on ice team he is still a wasted import for Belfast. If Thornton was playing he would have had more than 2 shifts in that final period with his side looking to get back in the game.

I look forward to game against him, but I'm glad he is not on our team.

wildthing74

If he was a Brit then he would be worth his weight in gold to any team/franchise because of his marketability.His lack of skill on the ice would not be so important then but as an import as been said,it is a total waste of an import slot and allegedley their highest earner(find that hard to believe).
In a way they are wasting the extra import slot they have by having Murphy in goals.

drainage

voth26 said:
really really disapointed by the comment taffy made used to have a big respect for him now he's just an arse, maybe he would care to tell bard to his face that he's afraid of his shadow!! :x :x , also think mcdonkey need's brad more than brad needs him because if mcdonkey aint fighting brad or who ever he aint got a job.
I thought that at first then wondered what he could have said bearing in mind his current employers ???? To be honest he might have been caught between a rock and a hard place - or maybe I am being too kind !!

I suppose it depends how you define waste of an import slot. You could argue that the increased crowds thanks to McMorrow has enabled Belfast to carry 12 imports....

If there were a number of UK trained players that can do what McMorrow does he would be a waste of an import slot, but as there are not, his value to the Giants is significant.

ASHIPP

McMorrow certainly knows his role, plays to the crowd and takes any crap thrown at him. Still can't see the financial justification for paying a guy like that to fool around when Belfast have a perfectly skilled and entertaining team without him. Money could be used on a better player. :?

ASHIPP said:
McMorrow certainly knows his role, plays to the crowd and takes any crap thrown at him. Still can't see the financial justification for paying a guy like that to fool around when Belfast have a perfectly skilled and entertaining team without him. Money could be used on a better player. :?
To improve crowds and the clubs' finances?

(I agree they have a skilled and entertaining team, but they obviously felt they needed something extra to bring in more fans...and it seems to have worked)

ASHIPP

Yeah, but WE also have someone who puts bums on many more seats (and bums on seats in other ice arenas too) but happens to be a great player and integral to the team - the Vother. :cool: The Devils are still capable of scoring or defending when Brad is in the bin and even more so when he's on the ice. Our advantage is that Brad is a multi-dimensional player, McMorrow isn't despite being entertaining.

Skippy

Long may he play for the Giants.

Great fun to watch and skating his skating round at the end trying to high five the three kids near the away bench door was great.

Given the current economic climate... blah... there was every chance i wasn't going to come to Sundays game then i remembered how much fun it is on 'Donkey Day' in the tent and decided to come down.

He's a 'character' in every meaning of the word and its great to see him giving it 'all that' and even better to see him put on his ass. His banter is of a high quality (high-fiving them kids :lol: ) as long as he doesn't start dishing out cheap shots and puttin people in danger then I'm all for him.

Still glad he's not a Devil tho...

PS. The footage of him attempting to exit the bench was FUNNY.

Wannabe2

Sorry this is a professional sport, not a circus, and he is the biggest clown ever to play here, certainly one of the worst. He puts bums on seats, myself i think if the Giants were top of the league and playing great hockey they would have very big crowds. Do i think he is entertaining, no i think the guy is a jerk, and i thank god he aint a devil, not that he would ever make our squad. I understand all the hype about how he supposedly subjues certain players, but who are they certainly not Capt Fantastic. Anyway he,s a joke, cant skate, certainly cant stop, cant score, and certainly cant keep his big gob shut. Other than that he is just great. :lol:

drainage

Wannabe2 said:
Sorry this is a professional sport, not a circus, and he is the biggest clown ever to play here, certainly one of the worst. He puts bums on seats, myself i think if the Giants were top of the league and playing great hockey they would have very big crowds. Do i think he is entertaining, no i think the guy is a jerk, and i thank god he aint a devil, not that he would ever make our squad. I understand all the hype about how he supposedly subjues certain players, but who are they certainly not Capt Fantastic. Anyway he,s a joke, cant skate, certainly cant stop, cant score, and certainly cant keep his big gob shut. Other than that he is just great. :lol:
You forgot - he can only fight if he can tie the sleeves of his opponent together !! :lol: :lol:

he can skate - V E R Y V E R Y V E R Y B A D L Y :lol:

Wannabe2

You know when a fighter is in trouble because he tries to get the shirt of his opponent over his head, something Mike Macwilliams never had to resort to, the last fight in Belfast between Voth and the Carroteater, he not only pulled Brads shirt over his head but pulled his hair as well. Something the commentator even admitted to on there match dvd.

wildthing74

Wannabe2 said:
He speaks highly of you Wannabe!I see what you are saying and whilst I dont disagree with all your points on his ability or lack of as you are spot on,he does make people smile and if he brings extra fans to our rink then good on him.
But yeah,thank f he is not a Devil. :lol:

Gazza272

wildthing74 said:
[q
He speaks highly of you Wannabe!I see what you are saying and whilst I dont disagree with all your points on his ability or lack of as you are spot on,he does make people smile and if he brings extra fans to our rink then good on him.
But yeah,thank f he is not a Devil. :lol:

He is to all intents and purposes Belfasts Lucy Fur :lol:

Wannabe2

Which is a insult to Lucy Fur, as she is a awesome skater, gets far more high fives, and has been known to drag a donkey all around the rink by its neck. :lol:

Bit like the Vother. :lol:

DevilDom

I actually like Mcmorrow and think he is good for the game. He baits the crowd and the opposition and will fight anyone, however he is not dirty and does no real harm unlike someone like Sharp. I think the effort he makes with the opposition crowd and especially the kids is great and he defintely puts bums on seats in all rinks. That is however not to say I would like to see him in a Devils Shirt!