Match Night Car Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finny

I also don't get why people park in the turning circle for the buses.

I also was astonished on Saturday when somebody decided to use the bus lane to drop their family off. Only problem was the bus was using it at the same time, and the driver of the care then effectively played a game of chicken with the bus as they both tried to go around the turning circle at the same time!

When I visit for a match I’ve always used the swim pool car park. It is certainly accessible and safe but I am a bit disappointed to find my cash donation has not been going to some aspect of Cardiff Devils Hockey all this time. If it is voluntary is it possible I could park there but opt to give the donation to the Devils car park attendant?

drainage

CornwallTaffy said:
When I visit for a match I’ve always used the swim pool car park. It is certainly accessible and safe but I am a bit disappointed to find my cash donation has not been going to some aspect of Cardiff Devils Hockey all this time. If it is voluntary is it possible I could park there but opt to give the donation to the Devils car park attendant?
Unfortunately it seems not .... I park there for all the reasons others have posted the rink car park is like the wacky races on speed sometimes ! I would love my £1 to go to DCF but the pool seems intent on skimming profit from hockey fans - safe to assume they don't man the car park from April to aug ??

TheStub

Re: Re: Match Night Car Parking

drainage said:
Unfortunately it seems not .... I park there for all the reasons others have posted the rink car park is like the wacky races on speed sometimes ! I would love my £1 to go to DCF but the pool seems intent on skimming profit from hockey fans - safe to assume they don't man the car park from April to aug ??
What I find annoying is when there is an event on at the pool, they fill our carpark (at no charge) - causing havoc and seem to get upset at all the Devils fans making it difficult for them to exit the carpark.

I believe the council may have put aside some cash to carry out repairs at the tent. If we inundate them and or SORAC with requests that some of it be spent on the car park surface and lighting stating the reasons above, maybe they will sort it.

As for the disabled spaces, you forgot - I have a bad foot - I am here for hours so I can park here - stop moaning there are plenty of other spaces - I don't to it at morrisons or anywhere and we have parked here since we started work here. These excuses and the people who use them are not exclusive to match nights either, I have heard some or all of these excuses from inconsiderate learn to play participants, juniors parents, juniors coaches, figure skating coaches and rink staff. The last time I could be bothered pointing out to Planet Ice management that people were parked in these spaces I was informed that "if I had a problem with him because he is parked in a disabled space, I should sort it out with him" (Thanks Teefa, really helpful)

Gingers Husband said:
I believe the council may have put aside some cash to carry out repairs at the tent. If we inundate them and or SORAC with requests that some of it be spent on the car park surface and lighting stating the reasons above, maybe they will sort it.

As for the disabled spaces, you forgot - I have a bad foot - I am here for hours so I can park here - stop moaning there are plenty of other spaces - I don't to it at morrisons or anywhere and we have parked here since we started work here. These excuses and the people who use them are not exclusive to match nights either, I have heard some or all of these excuses from inconsiderate learn to play participants, juniors parents, juniors coaches, figure skating coaches and rink staff. The last time I could be bothered pointing out to Planet Ice management that people were parked in these spaces I was informed that "if I had a problem with him because he is parked in a disabled space, I should sort it out with him" (Thanks Teefa, really helpful)
I'm sorry to hear about your foot but I drive a disabled passenger not capable of walking from the car park or negotiating a crowd without losing balance. It is very galling to find that the spaces allotted are filled by people who are not entitled to park in them. The vast majority of blue badges are handed out because people genuinely need them, and trust me those people would love to have the choice of walking from the car, even through the potholes!

drainage

BBW think the post was adding additional comments rather than justifying parking ......... I don't believe Gingers husband was saying they had a bad foot so should park.

And whilst I have no doubt a lot of genuine people use disabled spaces I know a lot of people use the blue tag when they dont need to .... As the Olympic standard runner who nearly knocked me off my feet after parking using a blue tag in Churchill Way and running to pub would seem to prove !

Not saying everyone does it just that people do abuse the blue tags

Earnie

We don't want the council filling in holes in the car park - we want the council to dig a dirty great big one and plant a new Ice Rink in it!

Fubar

Thread starter #30
i look forward to standing out there tomorrow night...wow betide i hear any of the above unless you are prepared to get some Roger Mellie responses!

Diafol

Fubar said:
i look forward to standing out there tomorrow night...wow betide i hear any of the above unless you are prepared to get some Roger Mellie responses!
Have you got a great idea for a new gameshow ? :lol:

Fubar

Thread starter #32
me "do you have a blue badge?"
female "my mother is 106 and has a walking stick and cant walk far.."
me "do you have a blue badge though?"
female "Well i parked here last week...i will go inside and complain"

Me under my breath " CRACK ON DEAR..Deleted...i tried!!" :eek:

Deleted text due to a report

Fubar said:

Me under my breath " CRACK ON DEAR..ligaf...i tried!!" :eek:
Well done for trying mate, shame there aren't more like you.

Sheincar

Is it true that people were being told they needed blue badges to park inside the potholed bit but near the entrance to pick/drop off their disabled passengers? Surely that's not on.

osh

Fubar said:

Me under my breath " CRACK ON DEAR..ligaf...i tried!!"

Yes it must be frustrating when you are trying to help others I agree.......nearly as frustrating as your use of acronyms which I don't find clever at all.

Fubar

Thread starter #36
Sheincar said:
Is it true that people were being told they needed blue badges to park inside the potholed bit but near the entrance to pick/drop off their disabled passengers? Surely that's not on.
indeed that is true. that part has been designated as a "blue badge area " too na has been for a very long time.

Fubar

Thread starter #37
osh said:
Fubar said:

Me under my breath " CRACK ON DEAR..ligaf...i tried!!"

Yes it must be frustrating when you are trying to help others I agree.......nearly as frustrating as your use of acronyms which I don't find clever at all.
its not clever at all..its quite clear tbh (to be honest)... fubar by name ligaf by nature. spare me the lecture, i'm a big boy now..or so my parents say :cry:

osh

Fubar said:
its not clever at all..its quite clear tbh (to be honest)... fubar by name ligaf by nature. spare me the lecture, i'm a big boy now..or so my parents say :cry:

Big boys like you really should not use such acrynoms on a family friendly forum, ''imo'' of course :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.