Match Night Car Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fubar

Thread starter #1
all of the below are actual responses from people using the car park at the rear of the rink. If you are reading this and it relates to you - then you should hang your head in shame!!!

1. Inconsiderate people constantly parking in the disabled spaces, knowing what they are doing BECAUSE THERE IS A BIG BLUE SIGN SAYING DISABLED! - even viewable through a rearview mirror

2. Some village idiot parking on the pavement outside an emergency exit and shrugging their shoulders when asked to move - planet ice and security failing to move it incase they get sacked - go figure!

3. Excuses for parking in the separate "blue badge" spaces as:

a. i was playing and i have a sore leg or i pulled my groin
b. I'm from pizza planet..do you want the players to have cold pizza
c. i have to drop junior kit off
d. I'll just park here anyway...no one will notice!
e. My mother in law has a headache and cant walk far - WTF!
f. Your blocking the ambulance entrance "So??...<switches engine off>

4. The "classic" i paid a pound..I'm not paying to park in the overflow

Just a hint, not subtle, but perhaps if the moaners get to the rink EARLY..you wouldn't rag on the car park attendants and actually park somewhere closer!

You want to see the Bloke who parked on the roundabout by the White water rafting center. He didnt park on the outside near the pavement but on the actually inside next to the actuay roundabout.

Not sure how a bus would of got passed his car as other cars seemed to be having trouble to get by.

Anyone else see this?

TheStub

Re: Re: Match Night Car Parking

Devil_Bluebird said:
You want to see the Bloke who parked on the roundabout by the White water rafting center. He didnt park on the outside near the pavement but on the actually inside next to the actuay roundabout.

Not sure how a bus would of got passed his car as other cars seemed to be having trouble to get by.

Anyone else see this?
That idiot has done it for a few weeks... along with some others.

TheStub

There seems to be a minority who believe that their needs outway everyone else. Their car can't get muddy, and they couldn't possibly walk or have to wait a short time to get out of the car park.

The whole parking situation would be improved by everyone being sensible and courteous.

any one who parks on the pavement you are morons. Thats the bit for the pedestrians so they dont get knocked down on the road. Pay a pound instead of being tight and either park at the rink or at the swimming pool before someone gets seriously hurt as they have had to go round your cars

TheStub

But... there are pot holes, you have to walk a little bit and (shock horror) queue a short while to get out.

I really wish there was a traffic warden at every game booking all the illegally parked cars.

Other than people taking disabled spaces not so sure i see what the big issue is. Can't say i've noticed much issue with the parking down there.
And for the record i usually park in the swimming pool unless they are charging on both entrances in which case ill use the Devils car Park & donate my £1 to charity...

Russky

Fubar said:
all of the below are actual responses from people using the car park at the rear of the rink. If you are reading this and it relates to you - then you should hang your head in shame!!!

1. Inconsiderate people constantly parking in the disabled spaces, knowing what they are doing BECAUSE THERE IS A BIG BLUE SIGN SAYING DISABLED! - even viewable through a rearview mirror

2. Some village idiot parking on the pavement outside an emergency exit and shrugging their shoulders when asked to move - planet ice and security failing to move it incase they get sacked - go figure!

3. Excuses for parking in the separate "blue badge" spaces as:

a. i was playing and i have a sore leg or i pulled my groin
b. I'm from pizza planet..do you want the players to have cold pizza
c. i have to drop junior kit off
d. I'll just park here anyway...no one will notice!
e. My mother in law has a headache and cant walk far - WTF!
f. Your blocking the ambulance entrance "So??...<switches engine off>

4. The "classic" i paid a pound..I'm not paying to park in the overflow

Just a hint, not subtle, but perhaps if the moaners get to the rink EARLY..you wouldn't rag on the car park attendants and actually park somewhere closer!

Top post Fubar! As one of the regular stewards on Car park duty over the last two and a half seasons I can fully vouch for all of the above lame excuses - Especially point 4!!

I only missed last night game due to a longstanding commitment that necessitated that I be out of town this weekend - I am hoping to be back on duty this wednesday though!

Russky

Earnie said:
When they take a pound at the swimming pool entrances , who gets that cash?
As far as I am aware, that money is collected by an employee of the Swimming Pool and not A Devils Steward!

Also may I stress that the £1 given for Car parking immediately adjacent tothe BBT is done so on a voluntary basis and this goes to the DCF(Devils Community Foundation) or whatever its called now!

I'm more than happy to donate £1 to the CDL, but I think they should bring their board back so people know why they're giving money.

And also, I wish people would stay out of the Swimming Pool car park :evil:

But then again.... That damn overflow car park is killing our car so I understand why people wanna stay out of it.

One thing, I always park in the swimming pool due to the pot holes especially from Oct-March (most of the season) due to the mush and potholes.

I ruined my Ugg's last year due to the brown mush stuff which sticks to your shoes!!! And poorly lit (last time I was in there in the dark) big puddles and pot holes don't match when carrying a 4 month old.

Who owns the overflow and the gravel car park? Just curious as to surely if someone fell and hurt themselves in there.....................

wildthing74

I always park in the pool too and will continue to do so while our car park is in its present state.
The potholes are just too dangerous in the dark as the lighting or lack of is shocking.Also its like a game of dodge ems with people looking to rush out before bottle neck starts and having 2 young kids in tow I just feel its safer.
Its hard to believe even though we are into a 6th year at the tent the car park is still shocking and no hint of making it better/safer to use.

Paul Sullivan

wildthing74 said:
Its hard to believe even though we are into a 6th year at the tent the car park is still shocking and no hint of making it better/safer to use.
Can't say I am stunned to be honest :lol:

Although I was mightily impressed with the stench coming out of the drains just near the season ticket holder's entrance on saturday. It was on a whole new level.

Despite the best efforts of a lot of people to run the rink and the games as well as possible, I never cease to be amazed as to how innovative and hard working that facility is at hobbling us all.

I pretty much attribute it it's own personality now. It's like a constant battle of wits for everyone to overcome how pants it is.

Fubar said:
All of the below are actual responses from people using the car park at the rear of the rink. If you are reading this and it relates to you - then you should hang your head in shame!!!
Well said Fubar, seen examples of all the points you've made and these moron's seem to have no shame whatsoever.
The 'I'm alright Jack' brigade are a shinning example of how society seems to be today.
I thought the car in the roundabout had an accident until my partner pointed out that it's always there, unbelievable (Victor Meldrew style).

Status
Not open for further replies.