Liquidators Report of Rinkcorp

I feel like dusting off our FoDs website as it would appear that nothing has been learnt from the errors of the past.

I can't understand why HMRC allow such debts to be incurred by sports clubs before they take action. I know I will be flamed but 2 years ago Cardiff City FC should have been forced into liquidation.

We all pay our taxes on time whether they be personal or business tax. I doubt whether HMRC would let me default on business tax for any of my companies.

I feel sorry for the individuals and small companies that once again are victims. Luckily I am not one of them although I have had my fair share of liquidated debts in the last couple of years.

OJ

I think its shamefull that peoples personal business can be posted on an open forum all because of one mans personal vendetta .

Rhythm said:
Never let the facts get in the way of a good bit of mud-slinging eh Phil?

The reason why there are some zeros against names on the creditors list is because not all the claims had been processed by the time the report was compiled. I know, I know, it's a let down for you.

Pretty simple though really and, you know, the truth. But hey don't let that get in the way of you implying some kind of impropriety. I can assure you (not that I should have to) I was a financial casualty of the liquidation and that no money has, or will, be paid to me by Rinkcorp. I too am owed several thousand pounds. My reason for attendance this morning was to gain the facts - ALL of them. Your post does not seem so inclined.

If it's gossip you want Phil, you were involved with Bob for years. you MUST have enough of your own, surely.

Thank you to the mods for attempting to limit the links to the personal information in the liquidators report. Whilst the actions of one "creditor" at the meeting today have been far from classy, I applaud you for that. Not so much some others it would seem.

I am not concerned with what sits right for you Phil. I am more concerned - not with individuals and point scoring (which I could easily do on a public forum) - but with the future of the Cardiff Devils and how those who want to help rebuild it can.

Some walk away from a fight. Some change sides. Some spectate and commentate. Now is the time for any of us who want this club to celebrate its 25 years as much as possible and not be embarrassed to do what we can to help it, however we can.
Sorry Paul if you thought that was mud-slinging, that certain wasn't my intention, just a genuine question. By what you say then the amount that creditors are actual owed, including yourself is a lot more! Is it a let down to me? the simple answer is no! it's shocking!!

As for being involved with Bob for years, then sorry that's a bit of an exaggeration on your part, but yes there are some stories I could tell. But then I didn't walk away from a fight ;) Like others, I was approached by Shannon following the BNL season, too as you put it, help with the future of the Cardiff Devils and try and help rebuild it, why simple, because I really do care about this club of ours, like hundreds of other fans.

robbo2306 said:
So, what has St Paul done with the season ticket money? All £300,000 of it!!

He bought Sheffield with no debt at Christmas, how he can blame having no season ticket money in Sheffield is laughable. He only bought the IP rights so he wasn't entitled to a penny of anything. In fact, I'm wrong, he didn't buy the IP rights as he never paid for them!!!

Yet again nothing is St Pauls fault, it's all the previous owners. He did no due diligence on either club, he deserves everything he gets.

He may be a successful businessman but he's completely out of his depth with a sports club.

No surprise about the tax debt, we all know he never paid any taxes. Offshore payments and everything that goes with it.

Just how bad was your debt last year?? Certainly not the look of a well run club on the up that so many were so quick to praise at Christmas.

Ragan or Smith? I know who I'd choose..........
I can not believe people in Sheffield can be that gullible .

Paul Sullivan

phil PLT said:
Sorry Paul if you thought that was mud-slinging, that certain wasn't my intention, just a genuine question. By what you say then the amount that creditors are actual owed, including yourself is a lot more! Is it a let down to me? the simple answer is no! it's shocking!!

As for being involved with Bob for years, then sorry that's a bit of an exaggeration on your part, but yes there are some stories I could tell. But then I didn't walk away from a fight ;) Like others, I was approached by Shannon following the BNL season, too as you put it, help with the future of the Cardiff Devils and try and help rebuild it, why simple, because I really do care about this club of ours, like hundreds of other fans.
Thank you for the apology

However a genuine question could have been worded far better than "smells fishy" and I don't believe my interpretation of your comments was wide of the mark. Certainly based on the calls and texts I received I was not alone.

You worked for the club when Bob ran it. You worked for Bob. I fail to see how that is not involved with him.

Again a swipe - smilie or not - "walk away from a fight" you say? Big difference between not making it worse, having other professional interests, and working for Bob, imho. Recently on THF you confirmed many of the (many would say) underhanded tactics employed by Bob during the Challenge Cup final of 2006. I think your involvement with Bob - Shannon or not - is well documented by many including yourself and does not need me to prove or disprove it.

I too was approached by Shannon - in 2008 - to improve the match night experience that you have stated on here you do not care about. Attendances rose by over 40 percent in the last three years with no trophies won. I don't think that happened in the last 3 years of the WNIR even with the financial clout of the venue behind the team and the cup wins. This is due to the support of first class people like those at Crystal IT (over many years), SSS, Clear Cut Vision and more. Primarily however it was due to the incredible recruiting skill and hockey savvy of Gerad Adams and Neil Francis.

All these facts are by the by.

The point is all these agendas, personal swipes, changing loyalties and in many cases sanctimonious stances from some who should know better are moot.

All that matters is the Cardiff Devils. All that has EVER mattered is the Cardiff Devils. Anyone who thinks my motives for working at the club are personal is wrong and you say anyone who thinks the same about you is wrong also. You have made sacrifices to support the club and so have many others, in some small way myself included.

I love this club. It's time for action not words. Deeds not postings. Support not observation. I know what I will do to help the club rebuild - and it's more than being shocked at the creditors list. I know you can do much too, and I look forward to seeing you helping the club as we both know you can.

Time to enter the trenches again perhaps.

Rhythm said:
You worked for the club when Bob ran it. You worked for Bob. I fail to see how that is not involved with him.
I never said I didn't, just not the YEARS that you claimed.

I too was approached by Shannon - in 2008 - to improve the match night experience that you have stated on here you do not care about. Attendances rose by over 40 percent in the last three years with no trophies won. I don't think that happened in the last 3 years of the WNIR even with the financial clout of the venue behind the team and the cup wins. This is due to the support of first class people like those at Crystal IT (over many years)

As being for approached by Shannon I was talking about season 2003-04, and your quite right about the match night experience, I much prefer the on ice experience, after all that's why I buy a season ticket. Oh and as for Crystal IT that is one of the sponsors that I brought on board, and one that you now seem to have lost.

All these facts are by the by.
Shall we agree.

All that matters is the Cardiff Devils. All that has EVER mattered is the Cardiff Devils. Anyone who thinks my motives for working at the club are personal is wrong and you say anyone who thinks the same about you is wrong also. You have made sacrifices to support the club and so have many others, in some small way myself included.

I love this club. It's time for action not words. Deeds not postings. Support not observation. I know what I will do to help the club rebuild - and it's more than being shocked at the creditors list. I know you can do much too, and I look forward to seeing you helping the club as we both know you can.

Time to enter the trenches again perhaps.
Lets get ready to rumble :)

Paul Sullivan

Don't know what you mean . . .

Back on topic:

interesting to see that the only two creditors in ALL the debt of Rinkcorp that were being contested in their entirety were the claims from Mrs M Phillips and from RM sports.

Surely representatives of these two entities did not misrepresent their status in order to gain entry to the creditors meeting, did they?

drainage

Rhythm said:
Don't know what you mean . . .

Back on topic:

interesting to see that the only two creditors in ALL the debt of Rinkcorp that were being contested in their entirety were the claims from Mrs M Phillips and from RM sports.

Surely representatives of these two entities did not misrepresent their status in order to gain entry to the creditors meeting, did they?
Not read the report but Surely not !!!! ;)

drainage

robbo2306 said:

He bought Sheffield with no debt at Christmas, how he can blame having no season ticket money in Sheffield is laughable. He only bought the IP rights so he wasn't entitled to a penny of anything. In fact, I'm wrong, he didn't buy the IP rights as he never paid for them!!!

Not privy to all the inner workings of the clubs ...... My name isn't Bob ....but if Sheffield had no debts why were they in danger of folding ??

Seems odd to me ....and whilst you slinging mud you should remember had he not stepped in you wouldn't have been around to take the league last season.

Along with many I am not happy at what has happened but can be rational about it ......might be worth you reflecting on everything that has gone on

Smith is welcome to you .......where was he last season tho ??

Zed said:

Ragan was good enough when he bailed you out and saved your bacon
though right? Where was Smith then?
Actually he wasn't, many people had their doubts about him from the moment he took over.

There wasn't just Ragan who was interested, I know this for a fact, but the Phillips people believed he was the best option at that time.

dmd said:
robbo2306 said:

Yet again nothing is St Pauls fault, it's all the previous owners. He did no due diligence on either club, he deserves everything he gets.

He may be a successful businessman but he's completely out of his depth with a sports club.

No surprise about the tax debt, we all know he never paid any taxes. Offshore payments and everything that goes with it.

Just how bad was your debt last year?? Certainly not the look of a well run club on the up that so many were so quick to praise at Christmas.

I can not believe people in Sheffield can be that gullible .
You people believe every word that comes out of St Pauls mouth. So, who really is gullible??

Where is the season ticket money? Ask St Paul that.......

drainage said:
robbo2306 said:

Not privy to all the inner workings of the clubs ...... My name isn't Bob ....but if Sheffield had no debts why were they in danger of folding ??

Seems odd to me ....and whilst you slinging mud you should remember had he not stepped in you wouldn't have been around to take the league last season.

Along with many I am not happy at what has happened but can be rational about it ......might be worth you reflecting on everything that has gone on

Smith is welcome to you .......where was he last season tho ??
I'm sure some people don't read or listen.....

Ragan did not buy any debt, he bought the IP rights (he even defaulted on them). When he took Sheffield over he carried *NO* debt forward.

I know for a fact there was more than Ragan interested. The club would have survived without him.

I'll ask you too, where is the season ticket money??

I'm perfectly rational, just not so ready ready to believe anything muppet Paul says!!!

TheStub

Personally I don't trust Ragan, Phillips or Smith - considering how Smith is already up to his eyeballs in the league politic.

The hope with Ragan is a new owner, not tainted by the rot that is the British game - but still he got pulled into the usual cycle of crooks.

For the Steelers new boss - meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Ask him about websites...

In my view a single owner doesn't work as the potential burden is too high.

What the Devils need is a group of owners taking preferably equal shares. One share could be in the hands of a Supporters Club or FoDs

I first mooted this more than 10 years ago and was actively pursuing the idea with interested parties when you know who made personal attacks on me and others involved- needless to say investors walked away to be replaced by KF Concept etc.

There are potential investors out there but wilkl not risk their reputations in the present set up - do you honestly blame them.

Before I am flamed for not attending games I have and will be totally committed to the Devils buit will never put my family, reputation and lielihood as risk again.

I am happy to do my little bit with MNL

OJ