Liquidators Report of Rinkcorp

Tyke Devil

Thread starter #1
Link to Hockileaks

There was a link here but we were asked to delete it - You can see it on Hockileaks

Anyone on here qualified to tell us what it all means?

I was interested in the bit on the last two pages, the statement from Ragan in effect.

I wonder what the position of the company would have been had full access been possible to all the ST money?

Gazza272

Gerad Adams owed 8 thousand pounds :(

Ashley Tait being owed 2 thousand is a bit of a noodle scratcher to be honest. Why was he not paid but everyone else was.

Also why was Finnerty not owed anything but G was? That doesnt sit right with me.

Tyke Devil

Thread starter #3
Forgive my ignorance but I am concerned (given that I put the link up on the forum) that private names & addresses are being shown on the reports.

Should this information be "hidden" from public view?

Apologies if this means the thread or link needs to be removed. I really only looked at the statement on the last two pages, not the list of all the creditors.

Can I suggest that the "link" is deleted and a note added that it can be viewed on Hockileaks...but not via this forum?

In fact, if I can edit the post then that is what I am going to do. Mods, if I cannot please can you arrange?

Thanks

Gazza272

Tyke Devil said:
Forgive my ignorance but I am concerned (given that I put the link up on the forum) that private names & addresses are being shown on the reports.

Should this information be "hidden" from public view?

Apologies if this means the thread or link needs to be removed. I really only looked at the statement on the last two pages, not the list of all the creditors.

Can I suggest that the "link" is deleted and a note added that it can be viewed on Hockileaks...but not via this forum?

In fact, if I can edit the post then that is what I am going to do. Mods, if I cannot please can you arrange?

Thanks

Excellent point actually. I would think there are some freedom of information issues there.

Rempel16

I hope Bob has asked permission to place names and addresses into the public domain.

If not, he could seriously look at being reprimanded himself.

Gospel

From looking at the report the biggest amounts owed are to PR himself & the tax man by way of tax, NI & VAT, just over £600K. Sad to see that there are some people owed money for work done like CH Sports.

Im sure that an agreement can/could/has been reached with the taxman as to how this or when this can be paid.

Sad situtaion for all concerned but we need to get behind the new company to ensure that the team moves forward.

steve

Thanks Bob (i actually mean that!)

Tell us why you think you (sorry Maraini) are owed £35k and £42k then?

DevilDom

What amazes me are the amounts owed in respect of Tax (PAYE, NI and VAT).

Whilst I have no sympathy for HMRC I am stunned they have let these debts build to the level they are at. They would normally be right on top of a business owing these amounts unless of course they were hidden / disguised until it was too late for them to do anything. :shock:

I would also hope that any employees owed money (G etc.) are compensated for their loss by the new business in some way.

Gazza272 said:

Ashley Tait being owed 2 thousand is a bit of a noodle scratcher to be honest. Why was he not paid but everyone else was.

Also why was Finnerty not owed anything but G was? That doesnt sit right with me.
I agree Gazza, what also doesn't sit right for me is that Kelly Reardon Brown is owed 4k yet, Paul Sullivan is not owed anything, something smell's fishy that's for sure. Christ even Simmesy is owed a couple of grand :eek:

Sheffield & Cardiff £1.1 MILLION adrift between them during one season!!

Wow, just wow.

It’s absolutely dreadful that the creditors’ names and address (+ specific amounts owed) have been published as well. What is Gerad Adams thinking about working for Ragan again? You would of thought G of all people would have been paid in full (even on the quiet from Ragan’s own pocket) to spare him all this. Just unbelievable. What with rumours of Braehead racking up losses in the region of £400,000 is it any wonder Newcastle went kaput. The EIHL is living on borrowed time.

phil PLT said:
Gazza272 said:

I agree Gazza, what also doesn't sit right for me is that Kelly Reardon Brown is owed 4k yet, Paul Sullivan is not owed anything, something smell's fishy that's for sure. Christ even Simmesy is owed a couple of grand :eek:
its the age thing again Phil, PS is owed £2200 according to the list

Finny

According to Bob on StalinTalk - if it says £0.00 it actually means they are yet to determine how much that person is old.
So the total could still rise by quite a bit I guess?

Paul Sullivan

Never let the facts get in the way of a good bit of mud-slinging eh Phil?

The reason why there are some zeros against names on the creditors list is because not all the claims had been processed by the time the report was compiled. I know, I know, it's a let down for you.

Pretty simple though really and, you know, the truth. But hey don't let that get in the way of you implying some kind of impropriety. I can assure you (not that I should have to) I was a financial casualty of the liquidation and that no money has, or will, be paid to me by Rinkcorp. I too am owed several thousand pounds. My reason for attendance this morning was to gain the facts - ALL of them. Your post does not seem so inclined.

If it's gossip you want Phil, you were involved with Bob for years. you MUST have enough of your own, surely.

Thank you to the mods for attempting to limit the links to the personal information in the liquidators report. Whilst the actions of one "creditor" at the meeting today have been far from classy, I applaud you for that. Not so much some others it would seem.

I am not concerned with what sits right for you Phil. I am more concerned - not with individuals and point scoring (which I could easily do on a public forum) - but with the future of the Cardiff Devils and how those who want to help rebuild it can.

Some walk away from a fight. Some change sides. Some spectate and commentate. Now is the time for any of us who want this club to celebrate its 25 years as much as possible and not be embarrassed to do what we can to help it, however we can.

Rhythm said:
Thank you to the mods for attempting to limit the links to the personal information in the liquidators report. Whilst the actions of one "creditor" at the meeting today have been far from classy, I applaud you for that. Not so much some others it would seem.

I am more concerned - not with individuals and point scoring (which I could easily do on a public forum) - but with the future of the Cardiff Devils and how those who want to help rebuild it can.

Some walk away from a fight. Some change sides. Some spectate and commentate. Now is the time for any of us who want this club to celebrate its 25 years as much as possible and not be embarrassed to do what we can to help it, however we can.

+1

DevilDom

BBW said:
Rhythm said:

I am more concerned - not with individuals and point scoring (which I could easily do on a public forum) - but with the future of the Cardiff Devils and how those who want to help rebuild it can.

+1
+2

So, what has St Paul done with the season ticket money? All £300,000 of it!!

He bought Sheffield with no debt at Christmas, how he can blame having no season ticket money in Sheffield is laughable. He only bought the IP rights so he wasn't entitled to a penny of anything. In fact, I'm wrong, he didn't buy the IP rights as he never paid for them!!!

Yet again nothing is St Pauls fault, it's all the previous owners. He did no due diligence on either club, he deserves everything he gets.

He may be a successful businessman but he's completely out of his depth with a sports club.

No surprise about the tax debt, we all know he never paid any taxes. Offshore payments and everything that goes with it.

Just how bad was your debt last year?? Certainly not the look of a well run club on the up that so many were so quick to praise at Christmas.

Ragan or Smith? I know who I'd choose..........