Latest rink update

august04

Tickets for the Coventry game on the 6th Feb on sale - at the BBT. I assume realistically we're looking at the 21st v Steelers for the first game at IAW?

Ocko

Yeah definitely announced by Todd at the end of the game that the move in date and details would be posted today, on the website, which was greeted with a cheer.

Finny

Most of the information given out last night was to keep checking the website every day.

So when Todd said "check the website tomorrow for details" I assume he meant in case the info was released today.

Yes Todd did tell us to watch information on tinternet every day this week for info for st holders to pick seats but the announcement at the end of the game specifically said that an announcement would be made today regarding the move to new arena. Neither I nor anyone around us took it to be anything other than announcing the date of the move. It's great that the move is happening soon but we've all been on tenderhooks for the last two weeks since the developers tweeted that an announcement would be made "soon". It's not the end of the world but really if Todd makes an announcement like that it should be followed up even if it's an apology that something minor had happened and the announcement would follow at a later date - ah well the wait goes on :| :| :|

Looks great from the pictures. Can't help thinking that the roof still looks very low.

I'm tempted to put £50 on Jace Coyle being the first player to hit the 4 sided scoreboard with one of his 'surface to air no-clue where' pass is going !

Mooney#16

Proper tidy like. Hopefully this can now see hockey in Cardiff and South Wales reach something approaching its full potential. I've said it so many times Cardiff is a hockey town and to see Sheffield, Nottingham etc pull away and I mean in terms of participation and interest not top flight has been so depressing to watch over the last decade and more. Hopefully IAW truly will see Cardiff returning to glory days as a sporting hockey community not just for the Devils.

Whilst the BBT has been a great asset in helping hockey's survival and fairs fair growth it is also a hindrance to progress and a grim place now a days to be playing and training. I can honestly say I look forward to the BBT era being passed into history with haste but I will take some good memories from the place.

Bazza

Mooney#16 said:
Proper tidy like. Hopefully this can now see hockey in Cardiff and South Wales reach something approaching its full potential. I've said it so many times Cardiff is a hockey town and to see Sheffield, Nottingham etc pull away and I mean in terms of participation and interest not top flight has been so depressing to watch over the last decade and more. Hopefully IAW truly will see Cardiff returning to glory days as a sporting hockey community not just for the Devils.

Whilst the BBT has been a great asset in helping hockey's survival and fairs fair growth it is also a hindrance to progress and a grim place now a days to be playing and training. I can honestly say I look forward to the BBT era being passed into history with haste but I will take some good memories from the place.
With the new roller rink at House of Sport 3 also open, and the Welsh senior league up and running with new teams, including Wrexham and Valley Commandos, there really is a chance for hockey to grow across ice and inline.

A lot of the Fire and NIHL players, as well as other rec ice players, also play inline but there is a need for more junior inline players and these new rinks could prove to be a massive boost.

When you look at the number of junior players around Sheffield/Rotherham due to the number of ice and roller rinks available there is every chance both sports will flourish.

As an aside, senior matches at HoS 3 this Saturday from 09.00 until about 14.00 and entry is free if you want another hockey fix... ! http://www.bipha-south-wales.net/index.html

Bazza said:
Any truth in rumour that BT are having to dig up the road/sidewalk as there are problems with the lines/cables etc which may delay live date??
There are always different rumours flying around, the weekend one was that the roof was leaking so who knows, obviously a telecom issue would be a big one as it couldn't possibly open without lines. Lines that would carry fire alarm signals etc which would impact on the Site Safety plan

Kal

Planet Ice Cardiff are promoting their valentines night and half term learn to skate packages. I assume these things wont be transferring in their current forms to IAW so maybe a sign they've been told they'll still be open during half term?