Latest rink update

Brilliant work SORAC team!
A superb new home for the Devils and all of the Ice users to finally put down roots.
Can't believe it's been 8 years since John Lewis took the old barn down.
What about a Fans event for the first "spade in the ground" PARTY ON!!

Wannabe2

Thread starter #246
YES, YES, YES, The groundbreaking ceremony for the new housing and the rink went ahead at 10am today, that's it guys theres no going back now. Phase 1 housing and rink, pleasant morning things looking mighty good, that very very long tunnel has a light at the end of it now, Hallelujah amonst other words. Many years ago a group of very concerned people got together and formed SORAC, there aim, to keep ice sports, figure skating, and public skating alive in Cardiff, and to ensure those activities didn't go the way of the swimmers when the Empire Pool was demolished and no replacement was built. Today at long last the fruits of this long endeavour are beginning to Blossom. We will have a home that we all deserve, we will have a home fit for purpose, we will have a home to take all the various activities forward and to prosper, and all that, makes every second of many many years of fighting worthwhile. So Party time in June for us all I think, HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

D

Deleted member 1337

Well done and a thanks to all involved.

But a question, who will run the rink (planet ice :roll: etc), i'm sure it has been said somewhere but I can't remember

Wannabe2

Thread starter #249
It will be Greenbank themselves, Planet Ice will have nothing to do with the new gaff at all, HURRAY.It will be run by a truelly professional organisation and will be kept in tip top condition.

D

Deleted member 1337

Wannabe2 said:
It will be Greenbank themselves, Planet Ice will have nothing to do with the new gaff at all, HURRAY.It will be run by a truelly professional organisation and will be kept in tip top condition.
:Banana OK, thanks :D

Earnie

For what its worth the road to the Cardiff Bay Yacht Club (between swimmimg pool and the BBT) will close on Wednesday 29th May at 10a.m

The new road runs from the junction just by the BBT and is not for parking on Hockey Night.

osh

Re: News update at 5pm today
Finny wrote:
Start date for new arena?
Proper burgers/hot dogs in BBT?

I thought the work had started! ( Photos in the press a few weeks ago etc) What is the current state of affairs then ?

I asked this question on another thread, so, has the work progressed on the building of the new rink, or were the photo's just a public relations stunt?

Ger-Devils

osh said:
Re: News update at 5pm today
Finny wrote:
Start date for new arena?
Proper burgers/hot dogs in BBT?

I thought the work had started! ( Photos in the press a few weeks ago etc) What is the current state of affairs then ?

I asked this question on another thread, so, has the work progressed on the building of the new rink, or were the photo's just a public relations stunt?
The initial work was on the housing opposite the main rink car park. The road access and work has started in that area. I think the ground break for the rink will be towards end of this month/August.