Latest rink update

august04

I'm guessing "no"!
You tell us though.

I just wish the Devils could have bought the arena when it was mooted a while back. We'd have been in there by now if that was the case, I have no doubt about that.

My days as Chairman of Licensing are long past.

The application of the IAW was submitted earlier this year with comments/representations by 2 Feb. Whether it was in time for last week committee meeting I don't know, the next meeting is in the 2nd week of March

Ocko

Bit of a joke now.

Clearly the priority has been with houses. Bunch of cowboys when it has come to this rink. How many delays now? It's almost a year now, and every single one has been the fault of the developer. Nothing 'out of their hands' has happened. I hope the Devils org buy it.

Finny

osh said:
Nice arena, looking forward to the game against Blaze.
Those player benches !!!! Whoever allowed that design to go ahead needs a serious talking to and needs to be addressed before next season, what a joke.
Wasn't it Ragan/Pope who agreed it was ok?

Earnie

I see no reason to be critical. When its ready it is ready. All the little seemingly unimportant things have to be ready before you pour three thousand people into the Arena.
From a hockey point of view I do not care if we play NIL games there this season. I will be dissapointed but that's all. I shall look forward immensely to next season.

So !!! There have been delays !!! The SORAC guys and girls worked their arses off to get the Devils and other rink users somewhere to go after the council took money/greed over their people. We have a new arena and yet some of you are still bitching !!

It is what it is........

Ocko

Sliput said:
So !!! There have been delays !!! The SORAC guys and girls worked their arses off to get the Devils and other rink users somewhere to go after the council took money/greed over their people. We have a new arena and yet some of you are still bitching !!

It is what it is........
No one has blamed SORAC.

Greenbank/IAW are however and have cost the club £300,000 this year. For this league that figure is astronomical and I'm sure if it effects the playing budget next year we will see an awful lot more moaning. Any other year/ownership and it would've put the club out of business with the team we have or we would be right at the bottom with awful crowds like Coventry.

This is the personal money of people who have saved the club and gave us more memories and success than the previous 10 years. They've been completely mugged off in this repeatedly since they took over with all the empty promises, used there own personal money to keep the club going and successful yet for all that 'it is what it is' apparently...

Skippy

Nott Simpson said:
My days as Chairman of Licensing are long past.

The application of the IAW was submitted earlier this year with comments/representations by 2 Feb. Whether it was in time for last week committee meeting I don't know, the next meeting is in the 2nd week of March
It wasn't on the published list so looks like not https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/Business ... fault.aspx

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

august04

Sliput said:

It is what it is........
Yes they did and nobody is saying otherwise. They deserve better than these ridiculous delays. It's been one thing after another and these delays have cost the Devils almost one full season in this new arena.

osh

august04 said:
Earnie said:
I see no reason to be critical.
It should have been ready in summer 2015. That's reason.

Err.......actually it should have been October / November 2013 ! So, there is every reason to be critical whilst taking nothing away from SORAC without whom it probably would not have even started. Not blaming anyone in particular ( I will keep my thoughts to myself on that score ) but continued delays frustrate everyone, fans, Devils organisation and contractors/ developers alike.

Ocko said:
Sliput said:

It is what it is........
No one has blamed SORAC.

Greenbank/IAW are however and have cost the club £300,000 this year. For this league that figure is astronomical and I'm sure if it effects the playing budget next year we will see an awful lot more moaning. Any other year/ownership and it would've put the club out of business with the team we have or we would be right at the bottom with awful crowds like Coventry.

This is the personal money of people who have saved the club and gave us more memories and success than the previous 10 years. They've been completely mugged off in this repeatedly since they took over with all the empty promises, used there own personal money to keep the club going and successful yet for all that 'it is what it is' apparently...
Where did I say anyone was blaming SORAC ????

The thing is, like it or not , it is was it is. No one can do anything to change the delay, regardless of who has put in what into the team it will be ready when it is. I am sure the Devils owners find it frustrating aswell as the fans but as businessmen they understand that not everything goes to plan all if the time.

Chris

Administrator
Ocko said:
Sliput said:

It is what it is........
No one has blamed SORAC.

Whilst I agree it's annoying for everyone involved that we seem to be delayed from moving into the venue we've all been waiting on for the last however many years, but Steve King said only a few weeks back that the club are due to make a profit this season, allbeit a small one.

So has that suddenly been wiped out? Going from what you've posted it would seem that way? Otherwise maybe the owners have accounted for the move possibly not going ahead this season and actually next years playing budget is fine, even if we do see out this season in the BBT?