Latest rink update

davew

Do we have any idea where the drums are likely to be located? I know some people prefer to be further from them than others, and it would be a great help for us all if we knew prior to the seat selection exercise beginning tomorrow, as it will save a lot of admin time in the office when people realise they are next to the drums etc. !

august04

Devil down under said:
I understand the reasoning behind the structured pricing. But in a sport where families are actively encouraged why does a child go only up to 15 !! I am sure there are many with children still in school up to 18 years of age and are having to pay over £100 more :x
Agreed, have always thought it ridiculous that children's pricing ends at 15. I don't consider a 16 year old to be an adult.

davew said:
Do we have any idea where the drums are likely to be located? I know some people prefer to be further from them than others, and it would be a great help for us all if we knew prior to the seat selection exercise beginning tomorrow, as it will save a lot of admin time in the office when people realise they are next to the drums etc. !
Hoping to be rear of block 4, if they dont let me have that I am going to choose a seat by you DaveW till you complain enough and they let me have the seat I want lol

pjj365

Wannabe2 said:
I would put the drummers next to the away block, to pee them off.
Hmmm - be interesting when they bring their own drums

Doubt the hockey would count for much as we wstched/listened to them compete :lol:

SteveKing

I was speaking with Todd today and he does have the "Away" and "Drum" sections picked out. I would strongly encourage those of you with drums, clap banners, leather lungs and an oversized passion for the Devils to get together and create the best noise making section possible. I believe that the rest of the building will follow suit if we have one section that is leading the charge every single night. And yes...I believe this section will be conveniently located quite close to the bar!

SteveKing said:
I was speaking with Todd today and he does have the "Away" and "Drum" sections picked out. I would strongly encourage those of you with drums, clap banners, leather lungs and an oversized passion for the Devils to get together and create the best noise making section possible. I believe that the rest of the building will follow suit if we have one section that is leading the charge every single night. And yes...I believe this section will be conveniently located quite close to the bar!
Hope its in a similar place to now Steve as watching from the end is easier when trying to bang drums, couldn't be doing it with Tennis Head and behind the away goalie twice, drown out his communication with defence.

Finny

wildthing74 said:
Wannabe2 said:
I would put the drummers next to the away block, to pee them off.
Assuming you go with block 10 which is equivalent to your seats now you do realise that's right by you right? :lol:
Shhhhhhhhhhhh. I was looking forward to his face on opening night! :lol:

It's only a minor detail but I really hope that the Devils logo at centre ice will face the tv cameras i.e. the hospitality boxes side.

On a separate note, I bet the cameraman will be happy to finally not have to wear a helmet anymore!

mazza03

august04 said:
Devil down under said:
I understand the reasoning behind the structured pricing. But in a sport where families are actively encouraged why does a child go only up to 15 !! I am sure there are many with children still in school up to 18 years of age and are having to pay over £100 more :x
Agreed, have always thought it ridiculous that children's pricing ends at 15. I don't consider a 16 year old to be an adult.
The way kids are now I think 16 should be the cut off. I was working full time when I was 15 and 2 months. :DWD

Sheincar

If you're old enough to get married or join the forces, you're old enough to pay adult prices. If parents can't afford get child to get a part time job to contribute.

dave

El Supremo said:
It's only a minor detail but I really hope that the Devils logo at centre ice will face the tv cameras i.e. the hospitality boxes side.

On a separate note, I bet the cameraman will be happy to finally not have to wear a helmet anymore!
Seeing some of the pucks that come up high in warm up and games I would still be wearing a helmet if I was Howard!!!

august04

Sheincar said:
If you're old enough to get married or join the forces, you're old enough to pay adult prices. If parents can't afford get child to get a part time job to contribute.
Can do either only with parental permission if you're under 18 and the UK is the only country in Europe I think where minors can join the armed forces at 16 (and rightly criticised by the likes of the UN, children's charities etc). People under the age of 18 are not legally recognised as adults.

Sheincar

If you are 16 & in FTE then you're a student & therefore a concession. 16 year olds are adults when it suits them. I was working at 16 and expected to pay my way.

pjj365

I have no personal beef with the pricing but many sports/stadiums/clubs have price structures with student/unwaged prices between child and concesion

august04

Sheincar said:
16 year olds are adults when it suits them.
You might think it sometimes but in law they're not.
No skin off my nose personally but I don't think this encourages families and I agree with the original poster. We've seen lots of new fans this season which is great but I've come across a few lately who only seem to be there for the beer before they head into town. Some of the language I've heard this year has been appalling at times, in hearing distance of young children - Saturday games in particular seem to be worse. I've asked people to mind their language on a few occasions but it's not always easy standing up to a gang of lads on the booze (and stewards don't tend to hear it at the bottom of the steps). Maybe it's always been like that, but I don't think so and I just hope in the drive for new fans, that we don't forget that we've always been a family sport in Cardiff (with a bit of an edge!). The odd announcement reminding people of this might not be a bad idea. Perhaps I'm getting old and it's just a sign of the times as you hear of instances in places like Nottingham and Coventry.

kettdevil1

Sheincar said:
If you are 16 & in FTE then you're a student & therefore a concession. 16 year olds are adults when it suits them. I was working at 16 and expected to pay my way.
This might be a tangent but.... The leaving age for education is now 18 and NUS cards actually cover part time study as well....

So.... Looking at the prices it seems to suggest that only full time students count as concessions. This is likely to be almost impossible to police so why not either go for a concession age of 18 or say all NUS cards are valid.....