Latest rink update

Milky

Looks fantastic :D

Still looks like there's loads to do and I can't imagine there will be much done over Xmas!! Fingers crossed it ready in time.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1,267
In fairness it's looking lush, still on target for opening date, people will love it and so they should after 10yrs. It's exactly what our great fans deserve.

osh

Wannabe2 said:
In fairness it's looking lush, still on target for opening date, people will love it and so they should after 10yrs. It's exactly what our great fans deserve.
Nearly there,so looking forward to the new 'home'. Still on target for the opening date, what date is that ? I hope you can tell me for sure, because it's no good relying on that fountain of knowledge Pooneil who had so much to say early on, and once he was proven wrong about the many delays that he said never existed, hasn't been heard of since.
By the way, I think there should be a whip around for all the SORAC committee people who had the faith to pursue the cause on our behalf ( I'll supply the whip for Wannabe2 :lol: ) actually, when the new rink opens Wannabe2, there will be a pint waiting for you with my compliments.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1,269
osh said:
Wannabe2 said:
Nearly there,so looking forward to the new 'home'. Still on target for the opening date, what date is that ? I hope you can tell me for sure, because it's no good relying on that fountain of knowledge Pooneil who had so much to say early on, and once he was proven wrong about the many delays that he said never existed, hasn't been heard of since.
By the way, I think there should be a whip around for all the SORAC committee people who had the faith to pursue the cause on our behalf ( I'll supply the whip for Wannabe2 :lol: ) actually, when the new rink opens Wannabe2, there will be a pint waiting for you with my compliments.
Thanks Osh that's very kind of you, I will even return the favour, the date we should be in is the double header 16/17 Jan. It's been a long haul but when you can see it taking place it's all been worth the meetings, arguments, and staying stubborn to get our way. Anyway it's here now thank god and we will go from strength to strength in our brand new home.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

osh said:
Wannabe2 said:
Osh I am all for credit wheres credits due but your quote makes my skin crawl.
Sorac have played a part making sure ice has been available in Cardiff for the last nine years and as a founder member of Sorac back in 2005/6 I get some pleasure out of that as do so many other founder members, but lets not be mistaken Greenbank alone have to take the credit for delivering such a fabulous building, they are the people that made that commitment investing in the project, not Sorac, the Devils or the council, and quite frankly the land the building is on now would still be waste land had they not had the appetite or the aspiration to commit to it, yet here you are again having a pop at Pooneil a senior Directer within Greenbank who by the way has nothing but admiration for all the rink uses in Cardiff.
I am Afraid the powers that be in our great city were the reason for delays not Greenbank and in all honesty still are an issue. There have been lots of issues going on behind the scenes which obviously public wouldn't and shouldn't be privy to which makes it even more annoying when you make these childish shallow remarks.

The contract date is the 18th of Jan who knows we may or may not be open but one thing I will guarantee it wont be down to not trying.

mazza03

Thanks Chris as always the voice of reason, the biggest culprit for the delay of us getting a rink was Cardiff County Council, they procrastinated so long we never thought they would ever go forward. Luckily for us we had a few good men and a company that believed in the fans.

osh

chris hartrey said:
osh said:
Wannabe2 said:
Sorac have played a part making sure ice has been available in Cardiff for the last nine years and as a founder member of Sorac back in 2005/6 I get some pleasure out of that as do so many other founder members, but lets not be mistaken Greenbank alone have to take the credit for delivering such a fabulous building, they are the people that made that commitment investing in the project, not Sorac, the Devils or the council, and quite frankly the land the building is on now would still be waste land had they not had the appetite or the aspiration to commit to it, yet here you are again having a pop at Pooneil a senior Directer within Greenbank who by the way has nothing but admiration for all the rink uses in Cardiff.
I am Afraid the powers that be in our great city were the reason for delays not Greenbank and in all honesty still are an issue. There have been lots of issues going on behind the scenes which obviously public wouldn't and shouldn't be privy to which makes it even more annoying when you make these childish shallow remarks.

The contract date is the 18th of Jan who knows we may or may not be open but one thing I will guarantee it wont be down to not trying.
Can't let you get away with such comments Chris. You must have very very sensitive skin if it crawls that easy after my comment. My dig at Pooneil is totally based on his very very sarcastic comments made against me in the early days when I questioned the ongoing delays, against the original planned building programme. I at no time made any derogatory comment against Greenbank. I asked Pooneil at the time to point out where I had made any such comments against Greenbank, and he didn't have the balls to apologise or come back in any way. Now, I have nothing but admiration for those involved, but let's face it, SORAC desreved my mention solely based upon the fact that their input was voluntary, hence my offer to Wannabe 2. I make absolutely no apology to Pooneil for my comments. If you think my remarks are childish, that's up to you, but once my integrity was questioned in the manner Pooneil responded to my comments, it was something I was not going to accept, you'll just have to live with it I'm afraid.

The contract date is the 18th of Jan who knows we may or may not be open but one thing I will guarantee it wont be down to not trying.[/quote]

Can't let you get away with such comments Chris. You must have very very sensitive skin if it crawls that easy after my comment. My dig at Pooneil is totally based on his very very sarcastic comments made against me in the early days when I questioned the ongoing delays, against the original planned building programme. I at no time made any derogatory comment against Greenbank. I asked Pooneil at the time to point out where I had made any such comments against Greenbank, and he didn't have the balls to apologise or come back in any way. Now, I have nothing but admiration for those involved, but let's face it, SORAC desreved my mention solely based upon the fact that their input was voluntary, hence my offer to Wannabe 2. I make absolutely no apology to Pooneil for my comments. If you think my remarks are childish, that's up to you, but once my integrity was questioned in the manner Pooneil responded to my comments, it was something I was not going to accept, you'll just have to live with it I'm afraid.[/quote]

This is my point, as you say, in the early days, surely we should have moved on since then. I am Sorry you think your integrity was in question but as its a single name on a forum with no identity surely any quote would be against the post not the person? I could be wrong I don't know. I AM very sensitive and passionate especially when it comes to the efforts people have put in to get IAW across the line, including myself so I will defend Jonathan and Greenbank and I will have my say, then I get over it or learn to live with it and move on.
We are all in this together.

Finny

Oh come on osh, it was far from the most sarcastic comment on here.

Holding a grudge over one post for nearly two and a half years is pretty impressive though.

I hope the Council sees what is been said about them and puts an end to this nonsense and tells the true story about the development so that we all know who the snake in the grass is.

Further more we need to know who will benefited most from the development and I don't mean the Devils

Devil_Abroad

I've been away for years, way before the closure of the WNIR, when I thought I remember Russell Goodway promising a new home for hockey. Was there such a promise made?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk