Last Signing

kettdevil1

Well, there us only one way to see if the youngsters are up to it..... They did well on Thursday and I have made the trek up to Hull to see what happens away from the BBT......

Given that only Braehead genuinely strengthened their team this week, our failure to add to the squad should be put in context.... It is unfortunate that we have lost Mac and Phil but this provides a great opportunity for someone to step up to the mark.... As I said, there is only one way of funding out....

phil PLT said:
Devil82 said:
Franny said on Thursday that we would be announcing someone Friday yet no-one has blamed him for stirring up the fan base then letting them down, everything seems to be PR fault when things don't work out an G and franny when they do
Perhaps because he puts out posts like this on Thursday himself.
Paul Ragan‏@raganpaul

"Original signing changed his mind late pm, hence the delay but we have two to announce tomorrow, just completing paperwork tonight"

As regards Franny and G, they are employees, "you toe the company line if you get my drift".
Sorry, but I have never seen this Club so poorly run off ice for many a year.
This is where I actually feel sorry for Pr, People hound the guy for info all day everyday. When he tells them what he knows and it goes t**s up he gets a real grilling. When he doesn't say anything as to not land himself in hot water he gets a grilling too! What is the guy supposed to do ?

Spearsy said:
This is where I actually feel sorry for Pr, People hound the guy for info all day everyday. When he tells them what he knows and it goes t**s up he gets a real grilling. When he doesn't say anything as to not land himself in hot water he gets a grilling too! What is the guy supposed to do ?
Stay off posting these kind of comments on Twitter just like he allegedly said he would at the recent fans forum that might help, just a thought :roll:

phil PLT said:
Spearsy said:
Stay off posting these kind of comments on Twitter just like he allegedly said he would at the recent fans forum that might help, just a thought :roll:
That's the thing though... People get on his case for not saying anything then and he gets accused of burying his head in the sand etc ....

Welshy74

Spearsy said:
phil PLT said:
Spearsy said:
That's the thing though... People get on his case for not saying anything then and he gets accused of burying his head in the sand etc ....

Yep totally agree

Spearsy said:
Do you see other Club owners posting such comments on Twitter? NO, and I'm sure fans get on there case also.
Perhaps their a little more professional in the way they run their Clubs.

phil PLT said:
Spearsy said:
Do you see other Club owners posting such comments on Twitter? NO, and I'm sure fans get on there case also.
Perhaps their a little more professional in the way they run their Clubs.
I think you're missing my point mate, What i'm trying to say is the guy is damned if he does say something and damned if he does not...... people hound him for info and when he doesn't say anything he gets stung and the same if he keeps his mouth shut. That's why I kind of feel sorry for the guy.....

rolf

Thread starter #268
Apart from us being horribly short-benched and disadvantaged, I suppose my biggest disappointment is that we offered 20 players, all presumably facing unemployment at the end of this season and to a man they all chose that instead of possibly winning the playoffs with us.

Mike Bayrack would've walked into this team of ours as first line centre, but preferred to lurk in Coventry on a bits n pieces type of job. Why?

I have no doubt about the efforts of our coaching staff here, in fact I think Gerad's strong point is his recruitment acumen, but in my opinion this team now lacks the 2 most important attendance generators. I reckon that the enforcer and the star goal-scorer are what will bring in the fans and can turn a game around. We have neither due to a variety of reasons.

Personally I would have liked to see us sign a guy nicknamed podge or whatever because that guy would take his shift and allow others to breathe. Playing short-benched will see us struggle in the short-term, but will be unsustainable for the remainder of the season. I suspect we will lose more guys due to this. I hope we do not, but I will not be surprised if we do.

What would I have done differently? I would employ the London Racers ethos and stepped up both of the EIHL devils fighters and let them loose to do whatever they fancied. We ain't gonna win a saucer, let alone a cup this year. We are unlikely to go to Nottm either, so why not give us 5 fights a night and settle some old scores? You won't please the purists, but then you can't pleae em all and I bet the crowds will not dwindle like they are in danger of now.

Let's face it, I reckon this has been the most booring season performance-wise, so why not? It worked for Reggie Dunlop after all........

rolf

Thread starter #269
Oh yeah and I still haven't had an offer for my humle umble pie. I suppose that is because the non-cynics amongst us are too bored and busy yawning to use their gnashers usefully...............

Spearsy said:
I think you're missing my point mate, What i'm trying to say is the guy is damned if he does say something and damned if he does not...... people hound him for info and when he doesn't say anything he gets stung and the same if he keeps his mouth shut. That's why I kind of feel sorry for the guy.....
I'm certainly not your mate, but there we go :eek: and you can feel sorry for him all you like, but it's not going to change my opinion. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on that point.

Chris

Administrator
I've just deleted the last 8 or 9 replies, please at least try and keep it related to the topic title or whatever the discussion has morphed into instead of just having a dig at each other...

rolf

Thread starter #272
I guess the story has been told anyways. We all have our views, and luckily for a debating forum, they aren't all the same. I started this thread in good faith (and hope of a marquee signing) and do not mean any grief to anybody so if it's best to lock this and move on, then so be it.

rolf said:
I guess the story has been told anyways. We all have our views, and luckily for a debating forum, they aren't all the same. I started this thread in good faith (and hope of a marquee signing) and do not mean any grief to anybody so if it's best to lock this and move on, then so be it.
Clearly a very emotional time for everyone involved with the club as some people feel frustrated to how its being run ..... Cant blame them really ...

Im all up for giving younger brits a chance, Davies Batch and Piggott have been great for the devils this year. But i have bought my season ticket to watch elite league level players. Fair enough the lockout has caused some recruting problems but i just cant help being a little dissapointed we are finishing the season so short on players. In the Echo article yesturday one of the names mentioned was Jon "Nasty" Mirasy, what would peoples thoughts be if we had signed this guy? personly i think it would have got a bit of a buzz back at the rink!

rolf

Thread starter #275
I think you have hit the nail on the head here. Apparently he was one of the guys we offered, but it seems he had better things to do. Can we afford him?

Or can we afford to be without?

Sheincar

rolf said:
I think you have hit the nail on the head here. Apparently he was one of the guys we offered, but it seems he had better things to do. Can we afford him?

Or can we afford to be without?
TBH it makes no difference now. I have no doubt the guys will work their socks off but whether that will get us anywhere who knows. Somehow I doubt it.

rolf

Thread starter #277
Just as a last roll of the dice, could we ask the league for an extension to our transfer window due to the late/unexpected loss of our and their league topscorer?

Might be worth a punt happenchance?