Ladies Night 2010

£40..... I really hope not. I thought last years price of £35 (down to £30 if you were a ST holder) was poor value for money.

We'll see tonight I guess if there is information in the programme.

Finny

samidevils said:
Men have the golf day.

Well did last year!
I hope the Golf Day didn't involve semi-naked women walking around carrying the players' bags and rubbing their balls.
If it did I would be gutted I missed it.

Sheincar

samidevils said:
£40..... I really hope not. I thought last years price of £35 (down to £30 if you were a ST holder) was poor value for money.

We'll see tonight I guess if there is information in the programme.
And not the same price as the meet the players last month in same venue.

Its £35. Am I right in understanding that £35 pays for a three course meal at the Holland House Hotel, and to have the players wait on you almost stark naked? Struggling to understand why that is poor value for money?

A

Anonymous

Clare said:
Its £35. Am I right in understanding that £35 pays for a three course meal at the Holland House Hotel, and to have the players wait on you almost stark naked? Struggling to understand why that is poor value for money?
If it was a tenner people would moan it was too cheap.

Nah. Even a tenner is pushing it mate. I mean come on, you can buy a McDonalds for less than a tenner.. why should anyone expect to pay more than that for Ladies Night?

I would just like to thank the Devils organisation for thinking of me when deciding when ladies night would be.

Its smack bang wallup only on my bloody birthday :lol: :eek: :shock: ;)

Clare said:
Have you been before ? closest I've seen to stark naked was franny running round in his pants 2003/4 unless you went to the after party :shock:

Sheincar

Clare said:
Easy to tell you've never been to one. Almost stark naked ! - in your dreams!!1

Plus it's not as though it's just £35. The drinks are exorbitant there & you end up spending a lot on the games & raffles. Plus of course fans are increasingly shoved to the back of the room so sponsors & women who've never been to a game are placed at the front tables. No discount for ST holders is very poor show too.

Sheincar

Finny said:
samidevils said:
Men have the golf day.

Well did last year!
I hope the Golf Day didn't involve semi-naked women walking around carrying the players' bags and rubbing their balls.
If it did I would be gutted I missed it.
Well according to tonight's programme you're still in time as it's on 5 October . Did they forget to announce this before?

TheStub

Sheincar said:
Clare said:
Easy to tell you've never been to one. Almost stark naked ! - in your dreams!!1

Plus it's not as though it's just £35. The drinks are exorbitant there & you end up spending a lot on the games & raffles. Plus of course fans are increasingly shoved to the back of the room so sponsors & women who've never been to a game are placed at the front tables. No discount for ST holders is very poor show too.
Tell you what, just cancel the whole thing.

A posh do like that I'd budget at least £75, which isn't much for a special occasion. Unfortunately events like this are aimed at improving the benefit for sponsers, but at least fans aren't priced out.

In terms of nudity, what about the photos of Matt Towe in nothing but a thong and bow tie from last year? :twisted:

I've never been to a Ladies Night, no. So? I saw plenty of pics from plenty of different peoples photo albums on Facebook and there was certainly lots of flesh. Maybe then I misunderstood the events of the evening. But regardless, the players are still giving up their time to play waiter to you.

Excuses excuses. Are you actually trying to say that £35 for a meal on its own it not worth it?

Drinks.. well, you just suck it up really if you're going to an event like that.
Games and raffles? Hell, no one is forcing you to spend your money on that.

And of course the sponsors are treated like royalty. Maybe if you were more willing to fork out more than a tenner for an evening with the boys, then maybe you would be sitting at that front table. Those sponsors pay a lot of money to have their names written all over the Devils. Why would the club even consider giving a meagre fan, whinging at paying £35 to eat in the company of the Devils and their posse, the rose petals and champagne treatment?

Its a posh frock and black tie do at a swanky venue.. I can't believe people seriously expect to not pay anywhere from £60+ for that kind of evening (not including the frock).

If you want a cheap dinner and time with a player, grab a Maccy's and then stalk your fave around the nightclubs. Can't be that hard, surely?

Gaz G

Never heard such a load of nonsense in all my life to be honest. If you want to go and have been and enjoyed the event before it should matter not when it is being held. Stop bloody moaning and either sign up and have fun or don't and miss out.

TheStub

Gaz G said:
Never heard such a load of nonsense in all my life to be honest. If you want to go and have been and enjoyed the event before it should matter not when it is being held. Stop bloody moaning and either sign up and have fun or don't and miss out.
Amen.

TheStub said:
Gaz G said:
Amen.
+1

Jones72

Gaz G said:
Spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Jones72 said:
Gaz G said:
Exactly !!!

Sent from my keyboard using my fingers

Foxy

Clare said:
I've never been to a Ladies Night, no. So? I saw plenty of pics from plenty of different peoples photo albums on Facebook and there was certainly lots of flesh. Maybe then I misunderstood the events of the evening. But regardless, the players are still giving up their time to play waiter to you.

Excuses excuses. Are you actually trying to say that £35 for a meal on its own it not worth it?

Drinks.. well, you just suck it up really if you're going to an event like that.
Games and raffles? Hell, no one is forcing you to spend your money on that.

And of course the sponsors are treated like royalty. Maybe if you were more willing to fork out more than a tenner for an evening with the boys, then maybe you would be sitting at that front table. Those sponsors pay a lot of money to have their names written all over the Devils. Why would the club even consider giving a meagre fan, whinging at paying £35 to eat in the company of the Devils and their posse, the rose petals and champagne treatment?

Its a posh frock and black tie do at a swanky venue.. I can't believe people seriously expect to not pay anywhere from £60+ for that kind of evening (not including the frock).

If you want a cheap dinner and time with a player, grab a Maccy's and then stalk your fave around the nightclubs. Can't be that hard, surely?
Problem is when the meal is luke warm and mediocre at best then yes i would object to paying £35 for a meal regardless of where im sitting. Your obviously more easily pleased. As for grabbing a Maccy and stalking players around nightclubs then sorry not my thing. :D

Thread starter #40
Gaz G said:
Exactly!

Have been to every Ladie's Night, going again this year, and think it's money well spent. And after organising loads of conferences and meetings, I can guarantee that you really can't please all of the people all of the time, especially with the catering.

The £35 will cover the hotel's charge per person (this may anything from £20 to the whole £35), it's the raffle money that the team makes money on. And doesn't at least some of it money go to charity? I'm sure it has in the past. So a good event for a good cause

I'm not a sponsor and I've sat in different places around the room (every year the layout is roughly the same), even at a front table. It's who you're with and what you make of it that counts.

Didn't make any difference to me when they changed it (I couldn't have gone if it was in February anyway), I know about how much it will cost so put the money by for it when I can.

Remember that people have put a lot of time and effort into arranging this for us, and the players give up their evening for it, so a big thank you to them all.

Have fun and a lot of laughs, and if you don't like it then just don't go again - there's bound to be someone who'll take your place next year!