Ladies Night 2010

Thread starter #1
Could someone confirm that Ladies Night 2010 is on Monday 1st November? The only thing I've seen about it is a countdown on the home page of the Devils site.

Thanks

Hi

In the last 2 programs it has said 1st November Mercure Holland House.

No information on prices or start times etc but I'm sure the closer it gets the more information we'll get.

Have emailed the club reagrding issues people had last year and hopefully they will take things into account. :)

Depending on price etc I should be there!!

mazza03

God why are we having it this early? It was much better later in the season, another one we wont be attending. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just had a thought it's two days before my birthday would have been nice to be able to go, Ah well.

Koop11

I think it was moved becuase too many events were held after Xmas when few have a lot of money. You have end of season dinner dance and playoffs just 3 months after the festive season. Makes sense really.

They probably thought that was enough. Surely everyone goes on their website every day and so sees things like this without them having to make formal announcements?!

I agree with Maz.

Ladies night is normally Feb time which is ideal to get a nice outfit.

Before xmas is a nightmare trying to find a nice frock (if your fat like me)!!

Sheincar

Clare said:
They probably thought that was enough. Surely everyone goes on their website every day and so sees things like this without them having to make formal announcements?!
Really? So as you apparently know so much about it perhaps you can tell us how much it is, when it has to be paid by & what the menu choices are. No - thought not!!!

TheStub

Sheincar said:
Clare said:
Really? So as you apparently know so much about it perhaps you can tell us how much it is, when it has to be paid by & what the menu choices are. No - thought not!!!
I think her tounge was probably firmly in her cheek with that comment ;)

But, it is a very fetching countdown.

Has anyone else noticed recently the teams liking for publishing a load of articles on the same day, so you miss a few when they never make it to the top 5? Surely it is better to have one a day rather than 6 in one day?

James

Administrator
mazza03 said:
Clare said:
Why does it matter when it is?
Because it as always been something to look forward toward the end of season, it's been that way for years so why change it?
As has already been said. Money. The Devils are a business and ladies night is the biggest ticket event. It makes perfect financial sense to have it early in the season. The start of the season is when the teams need money most, before the match ticket revenue starts building up. Its nicer for the fans to have it nearer the end but better for the club to have it early. If, like previous years, it is going to sell out, there are very few reasons not to have it early.

TheStub

Plus it leaves room for another black tie bash later in the season, as well as a posh awards dinner.

As James says, it all helps cash flow... plus giving sponsers events to take clients.

Sheincar

James said:
mazza03 said:
Clare said:
Why does it matter when it is?
Because it as always been something to look forward toward the end of season, it's been that way for years so why change it?
As has already been said. Money. The Devils are a business and ladies night is the biggest ticket event. It makes perfect financial sense to have it early in the season. The start of the season is when the teams need money most, before the match ticket revenue starts building up. Its nicer for the fans to have it nearer the end but better for the club to have it early. If, like previous years, it is going to sell out, there are very few reasons not to have it early.
However in previous years we knew well before now how much it was costing. As things stand from what I've seen & heard quite a few people are undecided. The price might turn out to be the clincher. Fans should not be taken for granted & there is a risk of that happening. Just because it's been a sell out before doen't follow this year.

Sheincar - would you like me to explain the meaning of sarcasm?

;-)

Also, "its always been that way" doesn't really answer the question "why does it matter?"

Seriously - why does it make any difference. You all know they will be doing ladies night and roughly how much it will be from previous years, so pop your pennies in the piggy bank starting June.... just in case ;-)

Sheincar

Clare said:
Sheincar - would you like me to explain the meaning of sarcasm?

;-)

TBH it's all I ever expect from you
Also, "its always been that way" doesn't really answer the question "why does it matter?"

Seriously - why does it make any difference. You all know they will be doing ladies night and roughly how much it will be from previous years, so pop your pennies in the piggy bank starting June.... just in case ;-)

Gaz G

Sorry to intrude on this topic ladies. I see your issues regarding when it is etc. I was just wondering if anyone knows the date of the Gentlemens evening 2010/2011? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there isn't one.