Junior Club (DCF) Statement

Hello inferno forum!

Thought Id say hello and put a quick intro for my first post!!!

Im John...... I have 2 kids playing in the U10's at the moment, and I am the other guy working with Paul to manage the U10's for this season.

Just thought I would make a post to hopefully settle any thoughts as well as add a bit of info from my perspective!!!

Firstly..... let me say that Ive never met more of a commited bunch of people than all the guys and girls doing their very best that they can to keep the Cardiff Juniors running..... please all remember that the committee, trustees and all other volunteers are just that.... volunteers that are mainly parents with kids in one of the junior teams all doing what they can to make and keep the fabulous sport of Ice Hockey accessible for all our kids!

There will always be speculation, chinese whispers, rumors, thoughts of hidden agendas with anything and everything..... unfortunately these kind of things always end up being a negative influence against something that should be a fun and happy place for all our kids to be involved with.

Like I say, I have picked up the reigns of the U10's manager with Paul in support, with a previous poster hitting the nail on the head. Many people were asked if they would like to be U10's manager and as nobody was able to take on the comitment, I offered help, but I myself work all over the country and I said to the guys in the DCF commitee that I couldnt comit to being at the rink all the time, which is where Paul kindly offered to help out in the event that I was not available. Like me, Paul has kids going through the Junior teams who are doing fantastically well, so Im sure he is indeed doing nothing more than I have done.... offered services to help not only our own kids do the sport they love, but help to run the sections to make the junior teams as successful as possible.

I'm really not hoping to spark any negativity with my post, just hopefully pointing out that there are vary many people giving up their own time to make the Junior Ice hockey as safe and as fun/exciting place to be for all the junior players, and Im sure Im not out of order saying that we could really do with all the current fans and indeed people who have also offered a fantastic amount of support to the DCF over the years to offer your support as much as you can..... not for the adults involved in trying to do the tight thing, but for the kids, and to ensure they have a continued place to play the sport they love.

Im more than happy to have a chat with anyone on anything to do with the Juniors, but please guys, lets keep it all positive!!!!

Thanks for reading all......

by the way..... cant wait for the new Devils season to kick off! Me and the kids will be there cheering them on!!!!

John

As i said before, thankfully some people are willing to put up with, at times, the aggressive and bad behaviour of others towards them in order for everyones kids to enjoy the sport

HockeyGuy84 said:
Does anyone have any further information regarding the NIHL setup now?

I've seen both London and Invicta have released their fixtures and are playing Cardiff Fire which would suggest Cudds team? Very confusing!
Please could the 'DCF' outline what is happening with the NIHL set-up given that the NIHL 1 fixtures have been published and the first fixture is just over 3 weeks away.

How many players have signed for the new season and will it be viable to run 2 NIHL teams?

I've noted that Cardiff Fire (1 & 2) appear on Elite Prospects and along with the junior section are linked to the Devils.

mazza03

Skate_It_Off!!! said:
HockeyGuy84 said:

I've seen both London and Invicta have released their fixtures and are playing Cardiff Fire which would suggest Cudds team? Very confusing!
Please could the 'DCF' outline what is happening with the NIHL set-up given that the NIHL 1 fixtures have been published and the first fixture is just over 3 weeks away.

How many players have signed for the new season and will it be viable to run 2 NIHL teams?

I've noted that Cardiff Fire (1 & 2) appear on Elite Prospects and along with the junior section are linked to the Devils.
There isn't any more DCF it's gone

mazza03 said:
Skate_It_Off!!! said:
HockeyGuy84 said:

There isn't any more DCF it's gone
Okay let's get pedantic and It would seem for your benefit I need to go back to referring to them as the 'organisation formerly known as the DCF' who now have a new committee but as far as I'm aware have not yet officially been renamed as CJIHC.

My NIHL questions remain valid and unanswered.

I would second the request for more information on the EIHL teams. The first game for the D1 team is less than 3 weeks away.

The fixture has to be the most physical game on the calendar - away to the London Raiders who are (in)famous for their highly aggressive style of play.

I would not like to think that we will be sending a team of rookies as, without the protection of some of the more mature players, they may learn a harsh lesson in the gulf between senior hockey and U18s.

Spot on stoke fan , huge step up and if u aint ready the opposition will not hold back,

it takes a couple of seasons to adapt to senior hockey coming from juniors, nihl 2 into nihl 1, thats the safe route ,

Kipper said:
The players haven't got a clue yet!
You've seen them training as well have you Kip!! LOL

Joking apart, it is a very unfortunate state if affairs. The word Compromise doesn't seem to be in some people's dictionary.

Let's hope it gets sorted sooner rather than later.

I watched the 18s training session last night and was impressed with the 2 new kids - Mark Richardson and Ben Davies whoever they are - look quite promising....