Junior Club (DCF) Statement

Ocko

But that was exactly my point, I have no doubt the juniors funded the EIHL team and yes it probably has saved the EIHL Devils but the fact parents paid for that is quite frankly disgusting. I didn't say they should be jettisoned I just don't think the juniors need the Devils. There are plenty of clubs in the UK without an EIHL affiliation and they are as good as if not better than the set up in Cardiff.

Yoda

Until such time that the junior club is in credit or if there is anyone else out there who is willing to be guarantor to the £5000 overdraft that at present is in use then a replacement trustee for Paul Ragan cannot yet be considered.

Losing the shadow of the DCF name at present is also proving more of a challenge than anticipated due to legal issues.

The committee is working extremely hard on many things behind the scenes, there are a lot of hurdles to get over. Any positives for the committee are most welcomed.

Foxy

Im positively sure the Juniors would be better off without Ragan.......... hows that.

Have always supported the Juniors but sorry not while hes involved x

Finny

Yoda said:
Until such time that the junior club is in credit or if there is anyone else out there who is willing to be guarantor to the £5000 overdraft that at present is in use then a replacement trustee for Paul Ragan cannot yet be considered..
How very nice of him, seeing as the accounts would suggest he took £50,000 out last year.

I guess the one good thing is that without that money being diverted to other things, that debt should be paid off pretty quickly.

wildthing74

Sheincar said:
Foxy said:
Im positively sure the Juniors would be better off without Ragan.......... hows that.

Have always supported the Juniors but sorry not while hes involved x
+1
+ 2. Wow our former owner is a great guy for covering the 5 grand yet his not paying his bills and using DCF to front caused the situation they are now in. Roll on 12 months.

I don't think anyone has said he is a great guy for covering the 5k overdraft. All that has been stated is the fact than until the overdraft is no longer needed he cannot be replaced as a trustee. So unless someone wants to replace him as guarantor and trustee there is no other option.

Kipper

How come a "charity" needs an overdraft of £5,000 and still has historic bills for ice time as an ongoing liability? Something is rotten to the core in thesituation that the new committee has inherited. I wish them good luck in extricating themselves from this mess

Does anyone have any further information regarding the NIHL setup now?

I've seen both London and Invicta have released their fixtures and are playing Cardiff Fire which would suggest Cudds team? Very confusing!

its not the best of times being a parent of a child in the (DCF) or whatever its called now we pay £55 per month plus bus money when playing away and raffle donations plus ice time when playing home. Not happy with Ragan being so called in charge but we do it for the kids hopefully the committee can keep him under control.He has put himself up as a manager of the under 10s this year and at time of writing ive heard that the DCF owe £5000 plus £2000 owed to planet ice for learn to play time also I have heard that they owed nearly £4000 for player registration how true this is and how it can happen I,m not sure but again its believable. So the quicker the junior teams move on to their own feet the better

Foxy

karlhock said:
its not the best of times being a parent of a child in the (DCF) or whatever its called now we pay £55 per month plus bus money when playing away and raffle donations plus ice time when playing home. Not happy with Ragan being so called in charge but we do it for the kids hopefully the committee can keep him under control.He has put himself up as a manager of the under 10s this year and at time of writing ive heard that the DCF owe £5000 plus £2000 owed to planet ice for learn to play time also I have heard that they owed nearly £4000 for player registration how true this is and how it can happen I,m not sure but again its believable. So the quicker the junior teams move on to their own feet the better
Has no-one else put themselves up against him for the U10's?

it seems to be a joint manager role in the under 10s with another guy why they need two with the under 10s im not sure but there we are gotta keep his hand in by the looks of it

karlhock said:
it seems to be a joint manager role in the under 10s with another guy why they need two with the under 10s im not sure but there we are gotta keep his hand in by the looks of it
I'm guessing Karlhock that you've never been or put yourself forward as an Age Group Manager - if you had, you would realise how cras your last post is.

Age Group Manager is a thankless task and if you've got someone to share the workload, it makes the job much easier.

Mr Ragan happens to have 3 children in the DCF, all of whom show great signs of achieving much better than average standard - especially the youngest. I should imagine that most fathers in a similar position would do the same.

Armchair Coach said:
Mr Ragan happens to have 3 children in the DCF, all of whom show great signs of achieving much better than average standard - especially the youngest. I should imagine that most fathers in a similar position would do the same.
Have to partially disagree with that statement, also if there are so many fathers willing to do the job where are they all?? ;:|

17+andcounting said:
Armchair Coach said:
Have to partially disagree with that statement, also if there are so many fathers willing to do the job where are they all?? ;:|
Perhaps not all fathers are in a similar position to that of Mr Ragan.

Those that can, do - those that can't, stand by and criticise!

Block 2 Noise Boys said:
17+andcounting said:
Armchair Coach said:
Perhaps not all fathers are in a similar position to that of Mr Ragan.

Those that can, do - those that can't, stand by and criticise!
i would certainly never criticise someone for stepping up and doing such a thankless task and putting themselves in a position to be abused along with others that help, :shock: of those that CAN sadly only SOME DO!