Is there one thing that would stop you supporting the Devils

Thread starter #1
We have been through bad times, bad owners, a crap rink and some long term fans have fallen by the wayside, Devils hockey has always been gritty, entertaining and the never say die attitude makes it all worthwhile.

I think the only thing that would end it for me is if the team were owned by Planet Ice

TheStub

Re: Is there one thing that would stop you supporting the De

Not sure if it would be certain, but if Swansea ever got a team it would be a huge pull.

Years of love and personal history against my home city getting yet another area to be better than Cardiff. It would be a nice quandary.

simple, refs, in the last 12 months thay have beaten us more than the opposition at home !

Koop11

Whilst I understand your issue with Elite League officials, its worth pointing out that we’ve only lost 4 times (if I recall correctly) at home in the last 12 months, two of which were OT loses.

A

Anonymous

Is there one thing that would stop you supporting the Devils
In a word, no. Devils til I die. If I can follow MNL in heaven/hell then I will
:twisted:

E.D.S.

jodysstillagirlsname said:
think the only thing that would end it for me is if the team were owned by Planet Ice
I could cope with the BBT and a rubbish ice pad for the next 50 years and a team that finished last every season but if Dave Simms had anything to do with us I'd be gone.

DevilDom

Whilst my loyalty (and that of many others) was severly tested during the summer I can't think of anything that would stop me supporting the Devils long term. Although if the events of the summer were repeated I may have a temporary break. Its more than just a team for me, its a community where I have made many good friends and enjoyed many good times regardless of what happens on or off the ice. Long may it continue.

The only one thing that would stop me supporting the Devils would be if Ashley Tait ever got signed

TheStub

Re: Re: Is there one thing that would stop you supporting th

Martynwo said:
+1

Wow thought of playing in Jerk land :shock:
Certainly would be an improvement.

Swansea need a rink and a team - forget Panties Squeelers derbys then.

agree with you there koops, my point being the officials have 9 times out of 1 0 had a direct influance on the results we ve lost at home in the last 12 months ish, but no it wont stop me going to games, uncle bob and many other bad situations have come and gone and we still have hills to over come, these will just become chapters in the next cardiff devils history book one day, but for now theres only one place i want to be on match night and thats the b b t :D

Possibly - if the new rink:-
1. has an ice pad as small as the present one. Nearly everybody hates too much 'dump and chase' tactics which our tiny pad obviously encourages.... as there is so little space for those attackers who wish to use their skating, passing and stick handling skills. ( Last year was brilliant .....and the exception......despite our inadequate ice pad.)
2. has poor sightlines like the BBT. If there is one single thing that would encourage a spectator to 'return' after an inital visit...it wouldn't be a free ticket.....but a hassle free abilty to view 95% of the playing area. The regular fans turn up despite this longstanding problem...and to a great extent have learned to live with it. However the regulars increasingly will be dependent on 'new' spectators for the continued existence of 'top' ice hockey. The current, limited ability to view, that which has been paid for, is a huge turn-off for a sports mad public.

TheStub

Re: Re: Is there one thing that would stop you supporting th

schulersagoodun said:
Possibly - if the new rink:-
1. has an ice pad as small as the present one. Nearly everybody hates too much 'dump and chase' tactics which our tiny pad obviously encourages.... as there is so little space for those attackers who wish to use their skating, passing and stick handling skills. ( Last year was brilliant .....and the exception......despite our inadequate ice pad.)
Longer yes, but hopefully not wider. It needs to be full NHL.